Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Put down your phone when you are in public, and strike up a friendly conversation with a stranger. You might make a friend for life, or maybe stop them from looking at their phone and frowning for a few minutes! :)

More happiness tips are coming daily until people on this subforum learn how to be HAPPY :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
:gas:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
Leave your dorm-room door open, everyone will just walk in and have a fun party with you! :)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

You can also try a conversation with a loved one if you are afraid of straingers, and get feedback on how you did :)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Call your parents and tell them how much you love them. You will feel better :)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
When you're ordering Starbucks, smile at the barista and how them how their day is going. Listen carefully, follow-up with more questions such as how much they like working there. A little bit of kindness goes a long way :)

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Go to the gym, if you look pretty more people will like you and you'll be happier

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
find a hobby that you enjoy that you can practice and get better at and spend time doing it

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

Go to the gym, if you look pretty more people will like you and you'll be happier
Make eye-contact with everyone at the gym: the longer the better. See if you can make it to 45 minutes, and just add a little extra length each time you try. People appreciate the acknowledgement and in turn you will be acknowledged :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"Fake It Til You Make It"

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

If there are no material consequences to accompany it, then being "in trouble" is a fake idea

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Put away the video games and read a books! Nora Roberts, Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama, Colleen Hoover, Stephanie Meyer, Dan Brown, Ernest Hemingway. You'll be surprised how much more refreshed you feel after eating a good book instead of junk food like video games :)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Live, Laugh, Love :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
reward yourself for a job well done

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Try meditation! Seek Buddhism! Nirvana is the light upon which guides us, try your hand at yoga and Buddhism! You'd be surprised how much it detoxes the soul :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
masturbation is an adequate substitute for affection

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Go on a carb (chemicals) free diet. A week-long fruit smoothie cleanse once a month and cutting out carbs will get rid of the toxins and make you feel happy :)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

"Fake It Til You Make It"

There are a lot of reasons to be happy for real! But pretending is something you can do with a sibling's child and become the fun uncle or maybe auntie. I know a child who wants to be an astronaut so we pretend we are in space for fun. We don't really go to space though, that would be impossible. :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
eat only raw animal organs for 30 days

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

There are a lot of reasons to be happy for real! But pretending is something you can do with a sibling's child and become the fun uncle or maybe auntie. I know a child who wants to be an astronaut so we pretend we are in space for fun. We don't really go to space though, that would be impossible. :)

if you pretend to be happy you will eventually be happy

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Touch a grass. Just one. You don't want to over do it.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

if you pretend to be happy you will eventually be happy

I am an expert in being happy (I am smiling right now, for example) and I am willing to trust you like a true friend :)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Unleash your inner child! There's nothing wrong with indulging in innocence. Curl up infront of the fireplace and watch Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince with a nice warming cup of hot cocoa and a sparkling ros. You'd be surprised how much happier you feel :)

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
drink more pure grain alcohol :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
e: could a mod please embed this in this thread?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Learn how to earn passive income so you can quit your job and focus on your hobbies and social media platform to reach a wider audience thus spreading joy and beauty to all corners of the earth. Signup here for my self-help guide to house flipping. Just do it, trust me, life is better under passive income :)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Xaris posted:

Unleash your inner child! There's nothing wrong with indulging in innocence. Curl up infront of the fireplace and watch Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince with a nice warming cup of hot cocoa and a sparkling ros. You'd be surprised how much happier you feel :)

I like to wrap myself in a warm blanket when I'm watching movies :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU
e: could a mod please embed this in this thread?

love this song. any way we could get this embedded to play in this thread? thanks in advance

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Of all the pleasures that endear human life, there are none more worthy the attention of a rational creature, than those that flow from mutual returns of conjugal love.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Get a wok and a rice cooker and learn to cook cheap easy delicious meals for yourself and maybe that special someone too :)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Buy some nice Axe deorderant! You'll smell good and hot chicks will jump you when you walk around in public :)

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

When you're in public, always be sure to smile! Never let your guard down, not even for a second :)

Someone might call the fun police ;)

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I call this my "happiness prayer"! grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference! try referencing this when you're anxious!

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Married people should realize that "The less children and the more servants in the house the less health and happiness," other conditions being equal.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

one thing I like to do is the "half smile" strategy straight out of dialectical behavior therapy (DBT). you do a sort of teeny tiny turning up of the corners of your mouth that basically no one can see because it sends signals to your brain that can slightly improve your mood or anxiety. It's not really a secret weapon, but it actually makes a difference when you practice it.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I also like the ice-cube trick. If you're about to hit panic attack or crisis mode, you should find some icecubes and squeeze them over the sink as tightly as you can. The cold stimulus shocks your system out of panicking! It works better if you squeeze the ice right after applying an ice water bath or splash to your face! It's incredibly effective! Both my wife and I use those strategies when we get mega stressed out and they work very well

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

log off

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Find a new-to-you piece of media that you know you'll love, and use it as a "break glass in case of depression" kinda thing.

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
its not my job to educate myself on how to be happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
If you're feeling unhappy, go for a nature walk! Leave your cellphone behind and go out to the forests and listen to the quiet tranquility of nature! We were meant to be in harmony with gaia and gaia will listen to us if we only listen to her. A one hour walk a week in the woods will remove depression and make you feel refreshed! :)