Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Why don’t you shut the gently caress up op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Imma put deez beanz in your chili op!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Riot Bimbo posted:

There's nothing quite like beanless chili on an egg white omelette

What in the HELL is going on in here

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dixville posted:

Vegetarian chili can actually be really good ime

The black beans perfectly replace the beef unless you’re a drat numbskull like the OP

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Poohs Packin posted:

Egg white beanless chili omelette

Imagine hating flavor and texture and life this much

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

flubber nuts posted:

why cant we all just get along?

Everything was fine until op stirred everything up like a big pot of useless beanless chili!!! :mad:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My grandma makes the lamest fuckin chili in the world and nobody can bear to tell her it's poo poo, so we all eat it "happily."

Buy gam-gam a couple cans of beans, should fix it right up

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
That Carroll Shelby stuff someone posted earlier honestly isn’t bad at all if you don’t have/don’t want to buy a bunch of spices separately. It’s definitely got more depth and heat than a McCormick packet, especially if you doctor up the package directions a little (throw in some diced tomatoes, replace water with beer etc).

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

(Add your own corn)

No I don’t think I will

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
More like oldbeanless

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Jelly posted:

Every time I see this thread it just pisses me off. God OP you're such a loving idiot.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Op makes me so mad every time I see a can of beans I squeeze it so hard it busts open and the beans flow directly into my waiting mouth like a bean-eating Popeye and I do it purely out of spite for op and their extremely BAD opinion Re beans in chili.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t think I ever noticed before how much tomato sauce he uses. Like IF I even use tomato sauce it’s one of those little 8oz cans per pound or so of meat, but usually it’s just a few tablespoons of tomato paste and I let the beer be the braising liquid.

E: not counting diced tomatoes of course

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Also if you aren’t sautéing your meat and veg in steps in one large pan/Dutch oven before adding your seasonings and liquid ingredients into that same vessel you’re cooking wrong. Like not just chili but in general.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Got the beans ready op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ninjoatse.cx posted:

One can of diced tomatoes, two cans of beans... and a can of tomato sauce?

Dunno what kind of beef that is but it looks way too expensive to be polluting with those other third rate ingredients.

Sorry I didn’t have time to soak beans and fire roast and dice my own tomatoes :rolleyes:

It’s bottom round approx 2 lbs…and was on sale for $11. All of the other ingredients minus the peppers I had on hand so $13 to feed the missus and I for dinner and a few lunches I think is pretty reasonable.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Riot Bimbo posted:

why are you doing this

Making dinner op

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The best corn for chili is no corn

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Luvcow posted:

stop & shop beans :)

What kind of beans do you use

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
A year or so ago I got a craving for sloppy joes and I was kind of surprised that Manwich was still a product.

It wasn’t very good, it was way sweeter than I remembered.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you dice your onions properly (small) and sauté them they pretty much disappear into the final dish. I don’t know what’s going on with onion slab poster but I think I’d rather have corn.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

AARD VARKMAN posted:

but hey it doesnt have beans, so OP should love it

get u some

What in tarnation

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s on the top, like fried bees or something

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ninjoatse.cx posted:

If you want the taste of onion but want to hide their profile you can just use onion powder.

There are sizes in between microscopic and slab. The way you described it at first it sounded like you were putting a giant slab of onion rather than some large-dice raw bits on top, which is acceptable, hell even Wendy’s offers the option.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It's the same methods for a stir fry

jfc <:mad:>

Onion twist

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

numberoneposter posted:

ive got some spicy chilis in my freezer and id like to convert them into chili

Chilis are supposed to be HOT you dummy!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Costco Meatballs posted:

some psychopaths will say mushrooms are meaty or give you a portabella on a bun

Seems like you might have a financial stake in putting forth this misinformation, Costco Meatballs :thunk:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I can see chili w/o beans as a topping for something else, hot dogs or egg white omelettes or what have you, but if it’s the main dish you need some beanery to fill it out and get that good satisfaction in your tummy.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Riot Bimbo posted:

Bean fact: gross malignant mistake of god

Beans are the powerhouse of the cell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Riot Bimbo posted:

My girlfriend added a couple of tablespoons of chia seeds to my no-bean chili and it's pretty loving amazing ngl

I don’t know why but this post made me wonder if there was a Guy Fieri Chia Pet and the answer, sadly, is “no”.