Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
No bean chili belongs on a coney dog and nowhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Riot Bimbo posted:

That's intense man

Know what’s not intense? Plain boring sauce like chili

Like yours, you dork t:mad:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
corn in chili is like adding an extra can of beans. Filler. Not horrible, but it does nothing for the chili except make it go farther. Unless you're a goon. We know you're eating as much of that as you can in one sitting, gordo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Got the beans ready op

One can of diced tomatoes, two cans of beans... and a can of tomato sauce?

Dunno what kind of beef that is but it looks way too expensive to be polluting with those other third rate ingredients.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

If God asked me to never consume another bean I would
Because you can always put corn in chili

Your red text, but, y'know, corn

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I put my onions in thick slices in the chili when it taken off the heat. It softens them without making them soggy. It also makes them really strong.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Smugworth posted:

Would you describe these thick onion slices as perhaps "slabs" of onion?
Slabs are straight cuts across an onion. Like for a hamburger (but with the centers punched out).

Cut the ends of a large onion off then slice it in half horizontally. Slice that half of the onion in half vertically.

From that quarter of an onion, slice it in half horizontally again, and the slice it vertically into 4 roughly equal pieces. Separate the remaining layers.

You'll end up with curved onion slices that will begin to soften when added to a heated chili but never lose their crunch. It makes for a really strong onion flavor while also absorbing the flavor of the chili into the onion.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

ninjoatse's chili recipe
1 can pinto beans, good n wet
1 slab onion

blaspheme, on many fronts. Please probate yourself for false accusations against your fellow poster

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you dice your onions properly (small) and sauté them they pretty much disappear into the final dish. I don’t know what’s going on with onion slab poster but I think I’d rather have corn.

Adding aromatics to your chili doesn't meat melting them into a slush.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

If you dice your onions properly (small) and sauté them they pretty much disappear into the final dish. I don’t know what’s going on with onion slab poster but I think I’d rather have corn.

If you want the taste of onion but want to hide their profile you can just use onion powder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

That's normal this guy wants long stringy half cooked onions in his chili for some reason

I literally told you how to cut the onions in my post you dope. It's the same methods for a stir fry

jfc <:mad:>