Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Inglund will do enough to get out of the group stages, but then will get got by France/Denmark in the Quarters.

They draw with Wales and beat Iran. The US is also beatable; They seem to be in a sort of "rebuilding' stage, full of young players and a new team identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Forceholy posted:

The US is also beatable

ok well thanks for your insight

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

SOUTHGATE YOURE THE ONE
YOU STILL TURN ME ON
FOOTBALLS COMING HOME AGAIN

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

VINDALOO

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Now that Baddiel and Skinner have taken all three lions out back and shot them I think this is my favourite now

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

We're on the ball

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Express yourself
Create the space

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

ngl lads im not enthused. England could turn up and become some mad, rutting unstopable dark horse of a stallion but they will likely just end up putting in nothing but brittle boned knackers yard tier performances, got a feeling it will be the latter looking at the current form of the squad and the horse poo poo we face in the group, and i think its very likely to be southgates last tournament. But maybe the sun and sand at this time of year will do something to them unexpected and good? Surely theres going to be one set of european lads that shines out here, but atm i couldnt really care less if its ours or not tbqh. Would honestly prefer it if Iran and USA get out of this group just for a laugh.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
What the gently caress are you on about?

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Total Meatlove posted:

What the gently caress are you on about?

I think we'll either win all three games in this group and push on into the latter stages of the knock outs, or we will be awful and get knocked out early like in 2010/2016.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Can someone explain to me with what is this cheating bullshit that makes the UK able to field three separate teams to the World Cup like wales and Scotland, come the gently caress on

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Can someone explain to me with what is this cheating bullshit that makes the UK able to field three separate teams to the World Cup like wales and Scotland, come the gently caress on

It’s four teams and it’s cos it was our game first, also stops FIFA doing properly dumb poo poo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

cadfael posted:

ngl lads im not enthused. England could turn up and become some mad, rutting unstopable dark horse of a stallion but they will likely just end up putting in nothing but brittle boned knackers yard tier performances, got a feeling it will be the latter looking at the current form of the squad and the horse poo poo we face in the group, and i think its very likely to be southgates last tournament. But maybe the sun and sand at this time of year will do something to them unexpected and good? Surely theres going to be one set of european lads that shines out here, but atm i couldnt really care less if its ours or not tbqh. Would honestly prefer it if Iran and USA get out of this group just for a laugh.

It's coming home

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Communist Thoughts posted:

It's coming home

Im going to hopefully get to watch some of the game tomorrow and get behind this banner, cant really wrap my head around a WC in november, but i still believe...

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Just slightly pessimistic atm Ibrox about the whole thing

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Al-Saqr posted:

the uk is essentially yugoslavia but with more umbrellas and less genocide

well, less internal genocide

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

FullLeatherJacket posted:

well, less internal genocide

Rick Stein is trying his best in Cornwall bless him

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Most of the teams are bad which evens it up

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Al-Saqr posted:

Its to divide our talent cos the french bullshit fifa realised otherwise its jesus to star trek Uk worldcup wins

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

sebzilla posted:

Most of the teams are bad which evens it up

which one's the good one

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

which one's the good one

Scotland have never lost a World Cup knockout game so it’s clear

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

ilmucche posted:

which one's the good one

The number of good teams in the UK exists in quantum flux, if you try to observe a good team it will collapse into a bad team and a lot of tedious journalism.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7168205885687270661

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
England will be awful and dull and everyone will wonder what happened but they’ve always been this way

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I hope Southgate moves away from his turgidball given this squad has a legitimate claim to having the best potential attacking lineup

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Hello

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Coming home status?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I hope Southgate moves away from his turgidball given this squad has a legitimate claim to having the best potential attacking lineup

Defence is poo poo though and we're not good enough to win every game 4-3. It's not exciting but I can see why his default setting is caution.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Hegay posted:

Coming home status?

It's

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
say what you will about the English team but their fans know how to have a good time

https://twitter.com/SundayChants/status/1594605485587677186?s=20&t=0CTx74XfXLkwZjrr4vak2g

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Hegay posted:

Coming home status?

Rattling around with the keys at 4am, vaguely stabbing at the door with the key to the shed , before giving up and falling into next doors rose bush.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
isss cammin fakkin home

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

sebzilla posted:

Defence is poo poo though and we're not good enough to win every game 4-3. It's not exciting but I can see why his default setting is caution.

There are more ways of playing than either gung ho ho Kevin Keegan style or boring poo poo Southgate 7 man defence+keeper ball.

It's not like it even works against top sides, he's got a 1 in 4 win rate against the top 15 teams

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
you would think that we wouldn't have to play catenaccio 5 at the back poo poo to see off the mighty Iran

you would think

you would

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
it coming home

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Home: It's Coming

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
that's how you start a loving world cup lads

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Football has gone into the loft and got the big suitcases down

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Looks like football is looking at old photos of the kids, having a cry into a glass of whiskey at the pub and thinking of finally coming home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Maguire was real bad on that first Iran goal. Good time to make up a vision problem