Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football or Football?
Real :911: Football
Fake-o Euro Soccer
View Results

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can plastic American cheese be used to treat knee injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

the sex ghost posted:

Can plastic American cheese be used to treat knee injuries

You have to mainline Velveeta directly into the knee joint using a veterinary syringe. Successful outcome also depends on the political stance of the patient.

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
If Australia can be moved to Asia, I'm sure USA can be moved to South America for football.
I'm sure the pundits, political or otherwise, will understand that

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
US moving to CONMEBOL when the CONCACAF HQ is in Miami would be pretty funny, ngl

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I can't even imagine the likes of Pep being willing to step into CONCACAF

there's just not enough imagination in my brain to accept it

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
You know who would drag this team in to success is Antonio Conte, but I think he swore off of national teams after witnessing Zaza's penalty vs Germany.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Omnikin posted:

I can't even imagine the likes of Pep being willing to step into CONCACAF

there's just not enough imagination in my brain to accept it

Pep loves America. He lived in the US for a year in between the Barca and Bayern jobs.

I'm sure like most famous footballers he enjoys the relative anonymity of living in the US but the Spaniards in particular seem to be big Americanophiles(which doesn't seem like a real word).

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

whypick1 posted:

US moving to CONMEBOL when the CONCACAF HQ is in Miami would be pretty funny, ngl

What would be really funny is the first time American fans show up for a libertadores match as opponents rather than as tourists.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
PooSA.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Word on the street is that the 2024 Copa America is being moved from Ecuador to the US with 6 CONCACAF teams being invited.

https://twitter.com/dmontalvan/status/1600561564804792320?s=46&t=4HS6bC_aT4MOhjHzwojzfQ

So, 2023 Gold Cup, 2024 Copa, 2025 Gold Cup, 2026 CUM Cup

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Aggro posted:

Word on the street is that the 2024 Copa America is being moved from Ecuador to the US with 6 CONCACAF teams being invited.

https://twitter.com/dmontalvan/status/1600561564804792320?s=46&t=4HS6bC_aT4MOhjHzwojzfQ

So, 2023 Gold Cup, 2024 Copa, 2025 Gold Cup, 2026 CUM Cup
2023: Foreplay
2024: Foreplay
2025: Foreplay
2026: CUM

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Based on recent history, I think I know what England is going to use as their slogan for the CUM World Cup.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

Pep loves America. He lived in the US for a year in between the Barca and Bayern jobs.

I'm sure like most famous footballers he enjoys the relative anonymity of living in the US but the Spaniards in particular seem to be big Americanophiles(which doesn't seem like a real word).

English players seem to love it, too. Tbf the US is a pretty great place to live if you’re rich. Bonus points if you’re not black and don’t care about American politics.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Crazy Ted posted:

2023: Foreplay
2024: Foreplay
2025: Foreplay
2026: CUM

Sting's Diary

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

blue footed boobie posted:

English players seem to love it, too. Tbf the US is a pretty great place to live if you’re rich. Bonus points if you’re not black and don’t care about American politics.

When you're rich, you don't have to care.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

Lol

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Also it's Amerophile and it's 100% a thing

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/PaulTenorio/status/1602108463382945794

Edit:
https://twitter.com/jasonrmcintyre/status/1602122745449369600

psyer fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Dec 12, 2022

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lol at calling a friendly a scrimmage

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

this is how you know the usa is getting better, when they have stupid drama like this

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

If they were voting people to send home then maybe they should have started with Jordan Morris and Shaq Moore

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1602155709201883136

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lol at the coaching staff voting on a player’s squad status and bigger lol at discussing this with a journ, even off the record.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Vegetable posted:

Lol at the coaching staff voting on a player’s squad status and bigger lol at discussing this with a journ, even off the record.
Also lol that Gio thought the best to way to respond to not getting the start in the World Cup opener that he wanted was to half-rear end it training and - if you'll believe another report - almost get in a fight with the team captain.

look man you're not messi or cronaldo and you've been injured more often than the last year or more so just cool it a bit

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 12, 2022

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Who was the team captain this campaign?

Is it true that he regrets not considering an Argentina u-20 call?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Vegetable posted:

decision by committee is very us soccer

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Tortilla Maker posted:

Who was the team captain this campaign?

Tyler Adams

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Well, that sure explains why we didn't see Gio much on the pitch.

Little poo poo.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

habeasdorkus posted:

Well, that sure explains why we didn't see Gio much on the pitch.

Little poo poo.

Seems like there might be more to this

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

its been a long running joke that reyna acts like an arrogant little prick on the pitch, which maybe the us team needs a bit more of on the pitch.

but probably not great if the players and staff all think he is an rear end in a top hat. Maybe it'll be a reality check and he'll actually accomplish something before behaving like he is un-droppable

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I wouldn’t take any of these reports at face value

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Also lol at the fact that a not at all small amount of the USMNT sawker fandom thinks the fact that (reportedly) Greggg didn't respond to Gio (reportedly) being a li'l poo poo by caving in and treating him like an indispensable member of the team was actually a massive failure of leadership on Berhalter's part and yet another reason why he needs to be fired yesterday

Imagine scores of idiots who genuinely believe poo poo like this

https://twitter.com/ManagerTactical/status/1602084399838896128
https://twitter.com/ManagerTactical/status/1602120901805449227

It's idiots all the way down. They have the sense of entitlement of Brazil fans with zero of the success.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That guy’s right in the second one

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

t a s t e posted:

That guy’s right in the second one
Yeah and the player mentioned in the second one made the top half of the Guardian's media poll of the 100 best players in the world just a couple of years ago, and down in the thread it was mentioned that the specific firing the was the culmination of him having been exiled from the squad for over a year.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If ziyech was any good he’d get minutes for Chelsea op

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

t a s t e posted:

If ziyech was any good he’d get minutes for Chelsea op
And if Gio hadn't been constantly injured over the last 15 months maybe he would have been in a better spot to contribute at the World Cup. It would be one thing if he had even Musah's playing record but he's only seen regular time on the field as a player for one season as a professional, and that was a couple of years ago. Of course he's a really talented player, but he's still a bit of a question mark.

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 12, 2022

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

While true he could probably be actually crying and seething his way up and down the pitch and be more effective than morris

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Crazy Ted posted:

Also lol at the fact that a not at all small amount of the USMNT sawker fandom thinks the fact that (reportedly) Greggg didn't respond to Gio (reportedly) being a li'l poo poo by caving in and treating him like an indispensable member of the team was actually a massive failure of leadership on Berhalter's part and yet another reason why he needs to be fired yesterday

Imagine scores of idiots who genuinely believe poo poo like this

I thought it really odd that Berhalter started him against Netherlands when he'd had bare minutes in the knockouts. Like, what, is he your secret weapon or something? But, with all this fallout, it makes more sense.

And he was pretty much invisible in that game. If he's an rear end in a top hat toward the rest of the side thinking he's Claudio's legacy Chosen One without putting in the work, he's not going to get respect or service or success with the team.

to be continued......

t a s t e posted:

While true he could probably be actually crying and seething his way up and down the pitch and be more effective than morris

Not if no one passes to him

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you believe the dubious rumors he’s got a clique that’s cool with him led by Lockdown Ignorer Wes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Mr. Mambold posted:

I thought it really odd that Berhalter started him against Netherlands

Extremely odd considering Reyna subbed on for Ferreira at half time.