Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football or Football?
Real :911: Football
Fake-o Euro Soccer
View Results

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

whypick1 posted:

Extremely odd considering Reyna subbed on for Ferreira at half time.

Right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

t a s t e posted:

While true he could probably be actually crying and seething his way up and down the pitch and be more effective than morris

:hmmyes:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

t a s t e posted:

That guy’s right in the second one

First guy is also right lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

t a s t e posted:

If you believe the dubious rumors he’s got a clique that’s cool with him led by Lockdown Ignorer Wes

Seems like maybe the good players like him because he’s good and maybe the bad ones don’t??? Unprecedented on a sports team.

A Buffer Gay Dude fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Dec 12, 2022

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Unrelated

https://twitter.com/BVBBuzz/status/1601549111748366337

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure there are no other recent examples of a high profile and talented player who hasn't played or trained well in the past year or so having an awful attitude being a prima donna about their place in the team being benched by a manager

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I definitely can't think of an example involving someone who also wears #7.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

sticksy posted:

I'm pretty sure there are no other recent examples of a high profile and talented player who hasn't played or trained well in the past year or so having an awful attitude being a prima donna about their place in the team being benched by a manager

Ronaldo loving sucks now dude if he could bang in goals like that still and also press the manager would be playing him

Next

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1602371139900260365

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

“Was told I was forgiven” lol gottem

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Hrm so bald mod Greggg alienated our most talented guy and then couldn’t keep the situation under control and in house. I’m sure the lads love Greggg.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

“Berhalter told me my role would be limited before the World Cup began” lmao how did we let Berhalter be in charge

psyer
Mar 26, 2013

chaoslord posted:

“Berhalter told me my role would be limited before the World Cup began” lmao how did we let Berhalter be in charge

Nepotism

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

One of the spiciest of the unfounded rumors was that Claudio got into a screaming match with Gregg while the latter was having a cookout with George Weah and pulisic’s agent was blasting hookah with team moms

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Lol. Spicy drama lads!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

chaoslord posted:

Lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I get that it would have been loving amazing for him to be right there and 100% for every game, but he'd played about 400 total minutes of football for Dortmund this calendar year before heading to Qatar. I just don't see how he was going to have anything other than a limited role?

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
https://www.reddit.com/r/MLS/comments/zkap8e/jimmy_conrad_on_in_soccer_we_trust_i_heard_the/

Jimmy Conrad on 'In Soccer We Trust' posted:

I heard the guys (Players) were upset he (Gio) played seven minutes against England...They were upset he even got onto the field...They felt it was like a softening from Gregg...

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
I heard the guys (Players) were thrilled he (Jordan Morris) played two minutes against Wales...They gave both Gregg and Jordan a standing ovation after the game...They felt it was a breakout coaching decision from Gregg...

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anonymous sources confirming Gregg Berhalter has a huge penis, has never made a mistake

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
Was at a local hipster coffee shop were everyone was discussing the tactical genius of Gregg Berhalter and how glad they were that Shaq Moore was brought onto the national team and probably played more minutes than Reyna

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I heard the Greg (Manager) was bald and he (Gio) called him a bald fraud... All the players gave gave Gio a standing ovation after the game...They felt it was long overdue

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
hopefully someone in Gio Reyna's life can get it through his head that sometimes you have to just shut the gently caress up and take the heat

one of those times is when you slack your way out of playing in a World Cup. In four years if you train hard and play well no one will care at all but you're just prolonging it now by bitching that people found out.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

fast cars loose anus posted:

hopefully someone in Gio Reyna's life can get it through his head that sometimes you have to just shut the gently caress up and take the heat

one of those times is when you slack your way out of playing in a World Cup. In four years if you train hard and play well no one will care at all but you're just prolonging it now by bitching that people found out.

Lol bruh

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

i was reading an article about world cup hat tricks and got curious about bert patenaude. he scored 6 goals in 4 matches, 4 at the inaugural world cup and 2 in a friendly against brazil. 21 years old at the time and never received another call up.

good to see u.s. soccer has been a stupid disaster since before my grandparents were born

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Doctor Teeth posted:

i was reading an article about world cup hat tricks and got curious about bert patenaude. he scored 6 goals in 4 matches, 4 at the inaugural world cup and 2 in a friendly against brazil. 21 years old at the time and never received another call up.

good to see u.s. soccer has been a stupid disaster since before my grandparents were born

Apparently he was suspended from his team in 1934 for being late and/or asking for more money lol.

To be fair after 1934 the next US world cup attendance was in 1950, he was a little old by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

PerniciousKnid posted:

Apparently he was suspended from his team in 1934 for being late and/or asking for more money lol.

To be fair after 1934 the next US world cup attendance was in 1950, he was a little old by then.

He played for a Philly team called the "Uhrik Truckers" that loving rules