Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football or Football?
Real :911: Football
Fake-o Euro Soccer
View Results

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

despite everything, i am stoked as hell to watch the usa compete in a world cup in just a couple hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I can't wait to watch the US be extremely bad and lose!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

As a Welsh living in the US this is the first game I've not rooted for USMNT in a long rear end time, but man I hope we both loving thump England somehow, in a 'sell our collective souls to the devil just to knock those pricks out' way to hit peak football. I'll accept a draw today and just hope it's a genuinely fun game to watch.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

I saw a preview of McKinney's hair all dyed and thought "that rascal evaded the ban and did a rainbow hair"....and now I wonder why they don't do that.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/USMNT/status/1594747879368835094

no surprises, really. aaronson on the bench seems off but gently caress if i know what change to make to get him in.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doctor Teeth posted:

https://twitter.com/USMNT/status/1594747879368835094

no surprises, really. aaronson on the bench seems off but gently caress if i know what change to make to get him in.

Aaronson in for Sargent, 4-6-0 time

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i strongly disagree with not starting Reyna, he is easily our best player at breaking down defenses which wales is gonna be difficult to break down.

Other than that its fine, but leaving Reyna out is a mistake imo (I'd swap him for Weah and bring Weah off the bench today, then start Weah against England)

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
My Captain CP10 will score a billion goals and the USMNT will bring the trophy home to defend it bravely on US soil in 2026

I believe that we will win

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Omnikin posted:

My Captain CP10 will score a billion goals and the USMNT will bring the trophy home to defend it bravely on US soil in 2026

noted good leeds lad tyler adams is the captain, op

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Doctor Teeth posted:

noted good leeds lad tyler adams is the captain, op

I said My Captain, Tyler is a very nice boy but my captain is big Hershey chocolate boy Christian Pulisic

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Ciprian Maricon posted:

I can't wait to watch the US be extremely bad and lose!

many people are saying this

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Omnikin posted:

:emptyquote:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

poolisic

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

pool 'a sick

G-Hawk posted:

i strongly disagree with not starting Reyna, he is easily our best player at breaking down defenses which wales is gonna be difficult to break down.

Other than that its fine, but leaving Reyna out is a mistake imo (I'd swap him for Weah and bring Weah off the bench today, then start Weah against England)

Him and Aaronson should be in there. I can't remember one good game from Robinson. Which means he'll either score or give up a pen.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The United States of America is the greatest country in the world.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

The United States of America is the greatest country in the world.

People are saying this.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Omnikin posted:

Hell yeah!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

EL BROMANCE posted:

As a Welsh living in the US this is the first game I've not rooted for USMNT in a long rear end time, but man I hope we both loving thump England somehow, in a 'sell our collective souls to the devil just to knock those pricks out' way to hit peak football. I'll accept a draw today and just hope it's a genuinely fun game to watch.

Hell yeah:hf:

I thought y’all were like the same country tho

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Alan Smithee posted:

Hell yeah:hf:

I thought y’all were like the same country tho

Mods?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
US play is really sloppy in this game against Wales. The game against England is going to be ugly if it continues into that game.

tilp
Apr 7, 2010

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: liberty and freedom

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I now understand why people are down on Pulisic. Let literally anybody else handle set pieces holy gently caress.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Forrest on Fire posted:

I now understand why people are down on Pulisic. Let literally anybody else handle set pieces holy gently caress.

I have no real recollection of him taking all of the set pieces before.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Glad to showcase stars of the domestic league on the world’s biggest stage

tilp
Apr 7, 2010

tilp posted:

I'm rooting for ream

I was rooting for ream but he got rogered

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Oh well at least in 2026 it'll only be two matches of disappointment instead of three.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
May be a bit late for this one but this team should probably practice corner kicks.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

May be a bit late for this one but this team should probably practice kicks.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Gigi Galli posted:

May be a bit late for this one but this team should probably practice corner kicks.

Or not have the LeBron James of Soccer take them.

That was frustrating.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
they should also practice not making one of the worst and most useless tackles in modern history, thereby giving up a heinous peno

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the best us set piece taker is gio reyna

i'm usually pretty on board with berhalter but if reyna was available, not bringing him on at least as a sub is inexplicable

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
That Bruce Lee quote doesn’t say what to fear if the guy who practiced 1 kick is poo poo at it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

G-Hawk posted:

the best us set piece taker is gio reyna

i'm usually pretty on board with berhalter but if reyna was available, not bringing him on at least as a sub is inexplicable

We're not allowed to have all of our best players on the field at the same time, haven't you been paying attention for the past 3 years?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whypick1 posted:

We're not allowed to have all of our best players on the field at the same time, haven't you been paying attention for the past 3 years?

Berhalter is carrying over his high school grudge on Claudio to poor Gio.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Berhalter is carrying over his high school grudge on Claudio to poor Gio.
Imagine how awkward it could be if Wynalda and Harkes had sons on this team. Hell maybe they'd be half-brothers.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Anybody got a good collection of highlights from '02? Iwant to go relive that one after work because after today's shitshow it feels like it's the best we'll ever get.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I hope Gregg gets fired

That being said, because the US auto qualifies in 2026, the new guy won't have that many games before the next world cup. Don't even know who you would hire

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Someone else is bound to have a relative that washed out of a second tier European league and is need of a job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I hope Gregg gets fired

That being said, because the US auto qualifies in 2026, the new guy won't have that many games before the next world cup. Don't even know who you would hire

bruce arena sitting eagerly by the phone. he's back again baby