Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football or Football?
Real :911: Football
Fake-o Euro Soccer
View Results

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Ah, football. Eleven men on each side fighting it out on the gridiron. The pinnacle of human endeavor. Sadly that's not what this thread is about.

Instead we're here to talk about soccer.

Yes, it's World Cup time and the :911: is competing. Yes, my fellow Americans, apparently this is thing. Foreigners with functional governments seem to like it so it can't be that bad. I even hear that it's played by professionals in some of our larger cities. And our smaller cities too. Yeah, I know, right?

All kidding aside, there's not much to remember about Team :911: in the World Cup. In fact, I'll show you the only two moments where we've ever mattered. Both involve Landon Donovan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7eZmKWW9s4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX2D7L-v8uI

And since we're playing again this year, I guess I'd better tell you about Are Troops:

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town), Sean Johnson (New York City FC), Matt Turner (Arsenal)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic), Sergino Dest (AC Milan), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls), Shaq Moore (Nashville SC), Tim Ream (Fulham), Antonee Robinson (Fulham), Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach), DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami CF), Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United), Kellyn Acosta (LAFC), Tyler Adams (Leeds United), Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo), Weston McKennie (Juventus), Yunus Musah (Valencia), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC)

FORWARDS
Jesus Ferreira (FC Dallas), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders), Christian Pulisic (Chelsea), Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund), Josh Sargent (Norwich City), Tim Weah (Lille), Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

In the World Cup? Yeah, probably.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

stab posted:

Please post choice meltdowns of USMNT twitter on Pepi not making the team plz and ty

Such a thing exists?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ohtori Akio posted:

Yes. It's coming home.

Look out Georgie!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Was thinking of a way to make an epic geopolitics joke about beating Iran then realized that I don't actually want to do that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sticksy posted:

USA are bad and gonna get bummed by the Dutch

:shrug:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spuckuk posted:

It's interesting watching American responses to just being not very good at a sport.

Look, give us a break, we can't possibly live up to English standards of failing at soccer. And especially not the moaning that comes afterward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spuckuk posted:

You only adapted being poo poo at footie, we were born into it, moulded by it.

It's true, we can't possibly develop anything on the level of 2006 Wayne Rooney any time soon.