Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football or Football?
Real :911: Football
Fake-o Euro Soccer
View Results

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Has anyone consulted the FIFA rule book to see if a team can achieve negative points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Wonder how far back Landon's hairline must be now

Also, Never Forget these classics from their 2002 USMNT WC photo shoot

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Wrong thread

Or maybe this thread can just be completely merged with Weekend Web somehow??

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
If rumors are true, Odell Beckham Jr seems like a better fit for the German team

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

joepinetree posted:

It's funny because ESPN and the like are constantly torn and bouncing back and forth between "actually, American players are among the best in the world" and "yeah, we suck, but can you imagine if Lebron James played soccer?"

The stupidity is obvious (the reason Messi in the best argentinean player isn't because they lack 6'10 athletes), but ESPN doesn't know how to sell an event where Americans aren't the overwhelming favorites.

:emptyquote:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

See if one of the streaming providers like Sling or Fubo has a few trial you can take advantage of.

Are they still melting down that there aren't a negative number of MLS players on the squad?

Yeah this is good idea, Sling usually has 7 day trial (I use Sling)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Love how US gets the objectively worst commentary team for their opening match on the rah rah Merica Sports Network

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Predicting a 1-1 US win

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
USA doesn’t even need a pointless social media international incident to meltdown and not show up tomorrow thereby crashing out of the group stages

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
US needs the equivalent of "It's Coming Home" to rally around for decades and repeat ad nauseam while disappointing the nation and being ridiculed by everyone else with.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Shrapnig posted:

It's time to dust off one of these relics for the big day

And what the heck is that number 14 jersey?

Big lols all around, I forgot I owned that one

That can't be Jozy's actual jersey, it's a Small

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Rate the jerseys in order of wearability/Phwoarness, the two red ones on the right are mint

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

the sex ghost posted:

Most fail Gregg in the history of this forum

:eyepop:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
USA are bad and gonna get bummed by the Dutch

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://youtu.be/YMYxDTBglRk?t=26

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Mr. Mambold posted:

I thought it was close enough for a review. He basically played like crap, but scored what would have been a wonderful goal, which is a striker's only job really. Play like poo poo, stay the gently caress onside, score, reap profits.

[Dest was man of the match, imo. This is prime Serge Dest, dangerous whenever he had the ball at his feet, two-way all over the pitch until he ran out of gas. Carter-Vickers was a massive improvement over Zimmerman, who should be a last 10 minute guy from now on. If at all.

If only that bald fraud would give Reyna Jr. some minutes....

:emptyquote:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

The colour and flavour of this post almost sent me to hospital.

Maths.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Moktaro posted:

Up pops a smiling Jose Mourinho.

(please no, he'd ruin everything with his hate for young players)

Would enjoy either of these very ironically given how awful it would be and how the USMNT and media establishment would try to gloss over the dire style of play and likely mediocre results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I'm pretty sure there are no other recent examples of a high profile and talented player who hasn't played or trained well in the past year or so having an awful attitude being a prima donna about their place in the team being benched by a manager