Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

If I were a defender trying to get the ball back for my team on a 4th down play, I would simply not take three steps and level a quarterback who had given himself up in the head with my whole body weight

He was clearly trying to halt his momentum and pull up after chasing a scrambling quarterback at full speed. It's really hard to see what else he could have reasonably done with one second's notice. Absolute garbage call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Seriously that fumble after catching a bomb though, that was some rough stuff for the Eagles.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Black Lighter posted:

He was clearly trying to halt his momentum and pull up after chasing a scrambling quarterback at full speed. It's really hard to see what else he could have reasonably done with one second's notice. Absolute garbage call.

Not according to him. He hosed up. It happens.
https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1592373483908259841?t=MHTHsiJLBx_pqeMdO7y2EA&s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Black Lighter posted:

It’s wild to me how much our fandom changes perception

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Black Lighter posted:

Was he?

Besides, defenders get flagged all the time for hitting the QB after they’ve thrown the ball if they take even one extra step, it doesn’t matter what their intent is. This is no different except Graham took a lot more steps than just one extra.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Black Lighter posted:

Um, he took a knee, the whistle blew and as he was getting up to go back to the huddle he got hit in the head.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Black Lighter posted:

A scrambling QB giving himself up is a not-uncommon football play and players are expected to be able to react quickly to avoid hitting a protected player

I know it sucks considering the circumstances and a guy taking a knee in the backfield is unusual compared to someone sliding or diving, but "he was chasing a guy at full speed!" is not an excuse for a late hit lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

Um, he took a knee, the whistle blew and as he was getting up to go back to the huddle he got hit in the head.

it would have been funny if he got back up and threw a pass for the first down though.

If only that had happened before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk8wdxgj_xY

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
eagles fans writing fan fiction that contradicts what the players themselves say. you hate to see it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Been watching fields slide and then get jump kicked in the head with no flag for two years

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This is what we in the NFC East thread like to call philly brain rot and it affects anyone who thinks their sham team is an actual franchise

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Black Lighter posted:

He was clearly trying to halt his momentum and pull up after chasing a scrambling quarterback at full speed

He outright says he was just trying to take him down and "he looked like he was going to get up" :rubby:

https://twitter.com/NBCSPhilly/status/1592374054018752512?s=20&t=keWDz4yKC5eHWeDm_qZM9Q

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It wasn’t malicious but it was the right call.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waifu Radia posted:

eagles fans writing fan fiction that contradicts what the players themselves say. you hate to see it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

R.D. Mangles posted:

Been watching fields slide and then get jump kicked in the head with no flag for two years

My fanfic where Heinicke is kneeling while holding a ball is very different

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

I mean, he's a good player and a stand-up dude, what else is he gonna say even if he got screwed over by circumstance? Complaining about the refs is for inveterate homers like me lol

Seriously, tho, that particular call - garbage or not - is like 10th down the list of reasons they lost tonight. Like, by the time Slye hit his career-long FG, it was pretty clear that this was just gonna be the night everything went wrong, and it did. And for a game like that to still be as close as it was isn't bad.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
AJ Brown having 1 catch for 7 lousy yards also was a major factor.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gonz posted:

I suspect we're going to get an update on whatever injury he had early on pretty soon. Something or other went wrong and then he just never showed up again in the game other than being targeted on some routes where he wasn't really open.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Eagles could have not fumbled 3 times and not had an INT and Washington defensive TD and won comfortably

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cat Hassler posted:

Eagles could have not fumbled 3 times and not had an INT and Washington defensive TD and won comfortably

But then we wouldn't have gotten this:

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1592369648426967041

It'd be a poorer world then the one we live in.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Well, I can say one thing for sure. This is definitely the first time a whole bunch of football fans have gotten super pissed about a player taking a knee on the field.

Nervous posted:

But then we wouldn't have gotten this:

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1592369648426967041

It'd be a poorer world then the one we live in.

:hmmyes:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
id be more mad at the insane uncalled facemask on the play where godard got injured and fumbled than some dumb roughing call.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Relentlessboredomm posted:

id be more mad at the insane uncalled facemask on the play where godard got injured and fumbled than some dumb roughing call.
Seriously, that was such an egregious missed call. Definitely one of the worst no-calls I’ve ever seen. It was such a blatant loving penalty that directly led to a turnover. I’m pissed about it and I don’t even have a stake here.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I’m glad Mercury Morris is happy.

https://twitter.com/lebatardshow/status/1592368393180807169?s=46&t=tSG1wb2ni08t1MCVkraOQQ

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Eagles fans melting down because they are a weak rear end 8-1

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

CharlestheHammer posted:

You know what would have been funnier? If they had lost to Carson Wentz. There’d have been mass suicides.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lmao eagles

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Gonz posted:

It’s always been a thing for AJ to just disappear in games, he did it surprisingly often with the Titans

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The refs gently caress up all the time. Extra flags, missed flags, whatever.

Pretty cut and dry that the Eagles defender just hosed up and earned a flag.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I didn’t watch any of the game, but I’m glad the Eagles lost

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

They lost that game in a lot of other ways.

And Washington, to their credit, ate them alive through the whole first half 3 yards at a time with the occasional McLaurin siting. It wasn't pretty, but it was sure effective last night.

e: Not even just running. Their two minute drill at the end of the first half was something like 3 yard out, tackled in bounds, final time out taken. 3 yard out, tackled in bounds. Manufacture a first down and spike it. Then McLaurin for 25 out of nowhere and you're in field goal range. It was so ugly to watch other than my beautiful boy Terry.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 15, 2022

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I asked a variation of this in the NFC North thread, but can Kirk Cousins really lead the Vikings to a Super Bowl? Do people outside of Minnesota think this team is for real at all?

I am aware that Trent Dilfer happened, so sure he could. But does anyone outside of Minnesota really think Cousins will?

I’m probably wrong, because I usually am, but I feel like this Vikings team is going to eat poo poo in the playoffs when the luck runs out.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Brrrmph posted:

I asked a variation of this in the NFC North thread, but can Kirk Cousins really lead the Vikings to a Super Bowl? Do people outside of Minnesota think this team is for real at all?

I am aware that Trent Dilfer happened, so sure he could. But does anyone outside of Minnesota really think Cousins will?

I’m probably wrong, because I usually am, but I feel like this Vikings team is going to eat poo poo in the playoffs when the luck runs out.

only if the wild card games are at 1PM and the NFC Championship gets the 3PM time slot :v:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Brrrmph posted:

Vikings could win. Kirk seems like the 12th-ish best qb in the league. Not bad, not great.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The actual bad call in that game was the missed facemask fumble

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
If Jimmy G can make it to a Super Bowl. So can Kirk. But lol if you think he wins.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Pretty cut and dry that the Eagles defender just hosed up and earned a flag.

Oh how naïve my little No Butt Stuff. You see whenever a "questionable" flag is thrown, it's actually part of a wide ranging conspiracy against that particular team because *REASONS*

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

CharlestheHammer posted:

It's because they've peaked, and way too early. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Carwash Cunt
Aug 21, 2007

Brrrmph posted:

If (when the game is close and pressure is on) his only passing option is a deep drop and then a 20 yard laser somewhere in the area of JJ. Watching him slow down and try and think his way through different routes during late game drives looks terrible.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Carwash oval office posted:

If (when the game is close and pressure is on) his only passing option is a deep drop and then a 20 yard laser somewhere in the area of JJ. Watching him slow down and try and think his way through different routes during late game drives looks terrible.

thank you for the analysis, carwash oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Brrrmph posted:

No, the universe is against them. It's going to be Tom Brady against the Bills and we're all going to be very sad for Josh Allen as his arm finally gives out and falls off during the game.