Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
In the manga and/or anime and/or award-winning film, Speed Racer (マッハ ゴー ゴー ゴー [Mahha GoGoGo]), the titular character, Speed Racer (I guess his parents already knew what career they wanted for him), drives the Mach 5 - a racecar that has a bunch of buttons that do a bunch of fancy things like pogo over obstacles or deploy saws and whatever else that he uses to win races because I guess these things are allowed.

Here's a list of what the buttons did (spoilers):

Somehow he has less buttons than modern cars.

James Bond also had a few cars with some interesting gadgets:

If you could outfit your car with several buttons that pulled off impossible feats, what would you go for?

I think I'd do for my buttons:
A: Deploys a burrito
B: Signals to other drivers and pedestrians my intention to make a turn in the near future
C: Clears the snow off my car, and also my driveway and sidewalk
D: Burrows underground
E: Creates a noxious odor behind the car that discourages tailgating
F: Helicopter mode, but I never use it because of gas prices, thanks Obama
G: Blasts La Cucaracha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Liquid Communism posted:

Seems a little bougie, I'd probably go with a brown 1980 Pinto wagon for a more practical grocery getter.

I'm a big fan of the stripes on this white 1979 Pinto wagon from a year earlier.

Now if only it had a button to turn the wheels into paddle wheels for driving across water.