Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Iirc his lines in home alone were improved and it's funny as hell.

He was always my favourite actor as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

You are all talking about Planes, Trains and Automobiles, and heaping well earned glory upon John Candy for being hilarious and multi talented.

But nobody is talking about the heart wrenching way he delivers "I like me."

And a performance like that deserves recognition.

Prob because it doesn't even need to be said, that movie strikes such a great balance.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I just watched Planes Trains and Automobiles with my partner. We watched it on VHS. It's a great film. I love my partner and I'm definitely Steve Martin in that film and she's John Candy. A cold hearted goon like me found love. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFh5FzXIeBg

It's even more poignant juxtaposed with Steve Martin being hilariously cruel for like 2 minutes

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I think that was just a dumb joke or someone remembering being a dumb kid.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Edmund Sparkler posted:

It kind of shocked me on my last rewatch of this movie that they got an R rating pretty much just because of Steve Martin's cursing at the rental car lady.

I only saw it on tv for the longest time and that scene plays out much differently.

He doesn't swear and at the end of the rant she gives an equally merry "you're screwed!" as she'd been on the phone.

The first time I saw the real one my jaw dropped, especially her line.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Summer Rental is fine, nice try JACK. I've never seen the other one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

4K Remaster of Planes, Trains and Automobiles to Be Released with Hour of Deleted Scenes

:captainpop: