Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I just watched Planes Trains and Automobiles with my partner. We watched it on VHS. It's a great film. I love my partner and I'm definitely Steve Martin in that film and she's John Candy. A cold hearted goon like me found love. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFh5FzXIeBg

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's even more poignant juxtaposed with Steve Martin being hilariously cruel for like 2 minutes

Oh yeah, Steve Martin's character is a total rear end in a top hat right before that scene.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I could have sworn that scene came way later in that film.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

It kind of shocked me on my last rewatch of this movie that they got an R rating pretty much just because of Steve Martin's cursing at the rental car lady.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Another note that I have is that in this day and age, that train breakdown scene would not be believable today.

The liability and the fact that everyone would be all over social media, making GBS threads on the train company for making people walk over a mile to safety would be a huge deal these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

Wendigee posted:

That's pretty cool but I don't even know what device I would need to play 4k discs.

My tv supports it and sometimes my wifi is good enough to stream from Amazon prime.. but it's unreliable.

I'm not buying a PS5 or whatever for this. Is there any good reasonably priced player that can do Blu-ray and 4k whatever that doesn't suck and isn't 200 or more bucks?

Edit: my PS3 plays Blu rays but I'm looking for that 4k uhd player that's not like an expensive gaming system I won't use. My PC plays my videos games.

bluray players are cheap as hell at thrift stores