Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Devils Affricate posted:

What's the difference between John Candy and Chris Farley? Not a setup for a joke, honestly could never keep those two apart

John Candy is a fuckin comedy legend and genius, along with being a legit amazing actor.

Farley is funny for sure, but it's because he just has this manic energy he always brings. Not even half the talent of Candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Iirc his lines in home alone were improved and it's funny as hell.

He was always my favourite actor as a kid.

It’s a small part in the movie but he loving brings it

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

sigher posted:

If he wasn't in the film the scenes with the mom just trying to get home would honestly bring the film down.

O'hara and Candy were part of SCTV so they already knew how to play off each other. They're really good on that show. Definitely check out some YouTube clips.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

This thread sent me down an SCTV rabbit hole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9dKYxkYYXM

I don't remember seeing this one before but it made me tear up from laughing so hard. Everyone is great in it and keep an eye out for Harold Ramis.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Szyznyk posted:

There’s always Summer Rental and Speed Zone to remind you the man wasn’t 100%.

Summer Rental is fine and it’s one of the movies I’ll stop and watch if it’s on tv.

Speed zone is cannonball run 3, so those are supposed to have celebrities in it, so he gets a pass for that.