Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

That's pretty cool but I don't even know what device I would need to play 4k discs.

My tv supports it and sometimes my wifi is good enough to stream from Amazon prime.. but it's unreliable.

I'm not buying a PS5 or whatever for this. Is there any good reasonably priced player that can do Blu-ray and 4k whatever that doesn't suck and isn't 200 or more bucks?

Edit: my PS3 plays Blu rays but I'm looking for that 4k uhd player that's not like an expensive gaming system I won't use. My PC plays my videos games.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My PS3 plays Blu rays, I was more talking about the 4k format... Wait Blu rays are not 4k are they? What the gently caress is a 4k uhd then? My tv had uhd support I'm pretty sure... Gonna go check after I eat my prunes and oatmeal :okboomer:

edit: okay so i guess 4k blu-ray UHD won the format wars, i thought there was some other one as well..

so my ps3 will play standard blu-ray but i need something else to see them in 4k which my tv seems to support...

~$250 bucks.... thats rough

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 17, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

My tv isn't fancy, and honestly my blue ray of mad max on chrome looks amazing so maybe I should just get the Blu ray and wait hey

edit: yarp this looks amazing even at regular blu-ray

highly recommend mad max review of the blu-ray Black and Chrome (black and white directors vision) its real cool

4k uhd streaming from Amazon isn't even close by my internet is not great

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 17, 2022