Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Qwijib0 posted:

UCLA going down after dark

Pac-12 After Dark delivers, enjoy your second loss Bruins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Iowa.txt

Kirk_Ferentz.txt

https://twitter.com/HardRockSB/status/1591634350872924162

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I can't imagine how furious I'd be as a Miami or Arkansas fan to have an A&M loss on record this year

just worse and worse every week

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

fast cars loose anus posted:

I can't imagine how furious I'd be as a Miami or Arkansas fan to have an A&M loss on record this year

It’s the worst one by far

and that LSU stung

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/CFBHome/status/1591738636495884288

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Qwijib0 posted:

Pac-12 After Dark delivers, enjoy your second loss Bruins

Arizona is coming back from the dead this season.

While they were never world beaters, A&M has lost some players that they had a few weeks ago.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

724 yards is pretty okay

Mizzou Tennessee was a 27-24 game halfway through the third quarter.

Then UT was like 'Oh hell no we are absolutely not playing in one of these dumbass close games Missouri always plays' and just took off.

And/or Mizzou was like 'nope, no energy to do this stupid bullshit again and still lose.' Or a combination of both. Either way we end up with this ridiculous blowout in a quarter and a half.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

TAMU this season reminds me of 2013 Florida, a team that was absolutely snake-bitten by injury with a criminally incompetent offense

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It is wild that UGA won 45 - 19 and it felt like a super sloppy game all around. Props to Mississippi State because they stuffed our run game all night long. Couple of bad special teams calls, which Kirby said was on him (though Ringo still whiffed big time on that TD punt return). Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Kentucky. Also really interesting to see what happens with the CFB Playoff rankings, kinda feel like they will put Tennessee back at 4 or so.

Also:
https://twitter.com/McDBulldawg/status/1591601282401304577

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

A friend of mine asked a Maryland coach how to correctly pronounce Tagovailoa.

The Maryland coach said "I don't know, I just call him number 3".

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tagging Stetson's dad makes it funnier.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Sparty only beat a Rutgers team with 1000 penalties by 6 but that’s because they somehow gave up a touchdown on 4th and 29 with a minute left in the game. The defense has weirdly locked in the last couple of weeks despite all the suspensions and that the unit seems to suffer 10 injuries per game. Just need to take care of business against Indiana to turn this season from a nightmare into mediocrity.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

That girl might as well transfer. Going to get mocked for that one for years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Mizzou Tennessee was a 27-24 game halfway through the third quarter.

Then UT was like 'Oh hell no we are absolutely not playing in one of these dumbass close games Missouri always plays' and just took off.

And/or Mizzou was like 'nope, no energy to do this stupid bullshit again and still lose.' Or a combination of both. Either way we end up with this ridiculous blowout in a quarter and a half.

Adding on to this post :laffo:

'After getting to within 4 points, the Mizzou offense gained just 66 total yards, Tennessee gained 356.'

e: It was 28-24. Not that that little detail matters.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Nov 13, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

KKKLIP ART posted:

It is wild that UGA won 45 - 19 and it felt like a super sloppy game all around. Props to Mississippi State because they stuffed our run game all night long. Couple of bad special teams calls, which Kirby said was on him (though Ringo still whiffed big time on that TD punt return). Anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens with Kentucky. Also really interesting to see what happens with the CFB Playoff rankings, kinda feel like they will put Tennessee back at 4 or so.

I know TCU didn’t look great but I can’t imagine anyone moves in the top 5 unless someone loses or the champ games happen

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

OU bad y’all

There’s always hope for Bedlam but if OU doesn’t win next Saturday they’re gonna miss a bowl game for the first time this century, ain’t no way they’re beating Tech in Lubbock to finish out an abysmal season

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I think the question about Bedlam this year will be which team will more successfully out-disappoint the other

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Well RIP to the ducks playoff hopes

600 yards of offense, 9 more first downs and almost ten more minutes of possession than the opponent and still losing is impressive. I guess some of those gambles Lanning takes were bound to not work out eventually. And of course we lose our first fumble in this one, ugh. Very entertaining game though, props to uw.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I know this is a homer take, but I think Penn State is the best 2 loss team in the country, but somehow I doubt they'll go up in the polls much today.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Adding on to this post :laffo:

'After getting to within 4 points, the Mizzou offense gained just 66 total yards, Tennessee gained 356.'

e: It was 28-24. Not that that little detail matters.

The offense wasn't the problem today but they also didn't look good. I turned it off towards the end of the third quarter so I dunno if he did anything else, but I only remember one really good throw Cook had (the Lovett TD). Everything else was misses or getting lucky that Tauskie Dove adjusted to a jump ball and managed to beat some lazy Tennessee DBs to the endzone.

Mizzou should detonate NM State, but I'm confident that if another QB gets into that game, it's gonna be Jack Abraham because Eli Drinkwitz is a stupid motherfucker

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Elite defense from the Horns yesterday. The first half was the most entertaining 3-0 half I've ever seen because it was mostly not a case of the offenses being woefully inept, but rather the defenses playing on fire. A whole lot of great tackling and awesome plays. They played really well in the second half too, even getting a scoop and score (although that was mostly a gift from TCU's QB).

But the offense, oof. TCU bottled up the run game early, and we mostly gave up on it. Bijan only got 12 rushing attempts, and we didn't try to get him a screen or something in the flat, just anything give the man the ball in open space — he will do it. Ewers was missing receivers all night, and they had a couple bad drops when he did hit them. I was surprised we didn't try Hudson Card out for a few series to mix in some QB run game.

lovely coaching too. TCU's punt protection sucked rear end, but the punter was flopping masterfully all night whenever anyone got anywhere near him. He drew a running into the kicker that wound up not mattering, but you'd think a coach would go "OK, let's bail on this plan to block a punt", but noooooooo, we kept going hard at him, and what do you know, he drew a roughing the kicker that turned into the pivotal TD.

I think we're out of the Big 12 hunt now. K-State only has two losses, and their remaining games are Kansas and West Virginia, which they'll be favored in. If they do drop one, it's a real clusterfuck for 2nd place.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

PAC12 doing everything they can to give clemson a spot in the playoff.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Rectal Placenta posted:

I think the question about Bedlam this year will be which team will more successfully out-disappoint the other

The 'Poke Choke is a strong cosmic force and the game is in Norman but yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all to have OU just not show up

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Maryland really does demonstrate how unbalanced the Big Ten divisions are. They're cursed to never go better than 6-3 with a fourth place finish. They could definitely make a run at the West if they didn't have a to play all three of Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State every year.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The Good Ship A&M could not be run tighter

https://twitter.com/benaggie/status/1591685519997640704?s=20

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

He got benched for wearing arm sleeves? That's a benchable offense?

He's the 2nd leading receiver with the best ypc on the team.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Sash! posted:

Maryland really does demonstrate how unbalanced the Big Ten divisions are. They're cursed to never go better than 6-3 with a fourth place finish. They could definitely make a run at the West if they didn't have a to play all three of Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State every year.

yep

also

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1591823204825575425

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Joey Freshwater posted:

I know TCU didn’t look great but I can’t imagine anyone moves in the top 5 unless someone loses or the champ games happen

Agreed. I think Tennessee will stay out of the top 4 until the MI/OSU game, but if that game is super close I can see them picking the loser over us (please be a blow out). Of course, we still have to worry about a 1 loss USC, but USC is going to have plenty of chances to be trip up with ND, UCLA, and PAC-10 championship upcoming.

If I had a wish, USC loses another game but wins PAC-10 championship, Baylor routes TCU, MI/OSU is a blowout, and LSU beats UGA in the SECCG. What does the committee do? Will they take 3 SEC teams (LSU, UGA, and Vols)? Chaos!

Edit: Actually, I want to UGA to beat LSU because it helps Tennessee more and I would like to play them again to see if we can make adjustments that benefit us from the first game.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Why do you want LSU to beat UGA in the champ? That definitely keeps us out because we’re not getting in as #2 in the East when #1 couldn’t win the champ. That would probably drop UGA to #4 and us out of the playoff.

I was editing after I posted that. You are correct. I was just curious if they would take 3 teams from same division.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 13, 2022

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Why do you want LSU to beat UGA in the champ? That definitely keeps us out because we’re not getting in as #2 in the East when #1 couldn’t win the champ. That would probably drop UGA to #4 and us out of the playoff. No way do they put 3 SEC teams in who have all already played each other. We’re on the outside looking in in that scenario

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

PostNouveau posted:

Jimbo has reached the "Peter Gibbons goofs around while 'drat It Feels Good to Be a Gangsta' plays" point in his College Station tenure

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Jimbo just needs a contract lawyer on retainer so he can stay abreast of "for cause" issues.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

PostNouveau posted:

Seems like the sleeve thing was maybe a cover story, unless the rule applies to offensive players only.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

General Dog posted:

Seems like the sleeve thing was maybe a cover story, unless the rule applies to offensive players only.

Seems like it’s skill players only because skin is better at holding a ball tight than sleeve. Still super dumb. Grass will mess you up, cold grass more so.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

That sounds like one of those things that sounds good in your head, but dumb in reality.

Northern teams have guys wearing sleeves like half the year and I've never noticed an uptick in fumbles in the second half of the season.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sash! posted:

That sounds like one of those things that sounds good in your head, but dumb in reality.

Northern teams have guys wearing sleeves like half the year and I've never noticed an uptick in fumbles in the second half of the season.

It sounds like a dude who is throwing poo poo at the wall because the drain is circling. The fact that the WR aired it on Twitter seems like he thinks it was BS too and normally you don’t see stuff like that come out because it’s always handled in house.

Part of me thinks at this point Jimbo is trying to get his buyout but at the same time coaches are so hyper competitive that I don’t truly believe that. Maybe he has just hit a wall and is either too stubborn to change or thinks everyone else is the problem.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
As much as I'm furious at Jimbo I'm sure he is in fact embarrassed and not going "lol I got 80 mil" like many regular people would

He'll direct it at the players and not his many failures but he does know people are mocking him mercilessly (and correctly) for what is now objectively the worst single season coaching job in history

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

for what is now objectively the worst single season coaching job in history

That’s a pretty bold statement when we’ve got stuff like Ellis Johnson’s year at Southern Miss, Chad Morris’s stint at Arkansas and John L Smith’s year at Arkansas. The team isn’t good, but it’s not like it’s getting blown off the field, and that number one recruiting class is still all true freshmen. The rest of the roster is all merely top ten recruiting classes.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

General Dog posted:

That’s a pretty bold statement when we’ve got stuff like Ellis Johnson’s year at Southern Miss, Chad Morris’s stint at Arkansas and John L Smith’s year at Arkansas. The team isn’t good, but it’s not like it’s getting blown off the field, and that number one recruiting class is still all true freshmen. The rest of the roster is all merely top ten recruiting classes.

Literally every single one of those is more explicable than adding The Best Class Ever to an 8-4 team and proceeding to win probably 4 games because none of them had that kind of talent. In addition as mentioned the side of the ball that's killing us is supposedly Jimbo's strength

e: "merely top ten" lmao

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

I dunno if it's the worst coaching ever, but I certainly haven't heard much from those midnight yell dudes recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Literally every single one of those is more explicable than adding The Best Class Ever to an 8-4 team and proceeding to win probably 4 games because none of them had that kind of talent. In addition as mentioned the side of the ball that's killing us is supposedly Jimbo's strength

e: "merely top ten" lmao

I guess I just don't understand how someone could follow A&M presumably for 20+ years and be this let down by a bad season. If you don't hate yourself and take perverse pleasure in your fellow fans' disappointment, what are you even in it for?