Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
How much broth do you need for six feet of snow?

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1592977410995105793

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I was hoping Liberty would stop caring about Football after they forced Falwell out for a long enough list of transgressions that he couldn't even pull the "We're all sinners" bullshit but I guess that's not going to be the case.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

LLCoolJD posted:

Maybe it's my new av talking, but I think Brian Kelly sneaking an SEC championship is the worst timeline and I hope it doesn't happen.

you're not wrong

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Not 100% what's going on here but if a cosmic portal opened to reveal a second, upside-down Jordan-Hare above the first I'd believe it
https://twitter.com/AuburnFootball/status/1592886116306542592

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
So an Oregon WR in what is likely the last post-practice interview he'll ever get to do just admitted to faking an injury for a free timeout towards the end of the UW game (it was pretty obvious, but still) and that Bo Nix is out. Nix was already being speculated as out for the Utah game but absolutely not confirmed.

Last I checked the line was Oregon -2.5 and I'd be tempted to throw something down on Utah if I were the gambling type, our backup situation is, uh, not ideal.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I wasn't going to say the guy was faking it but I absolutely would have been livid if Oregon had tied or won the game after that sequence.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Not 100% what's going on here but if a cosmic portal opened to reveal a second, upside-down Jordan-Hare above the first I'd believe it
https://twitter.com/AuburnFootball/status/1592886116306542592

Big Red looking upon his work as the rift to the Empyrean rips through time and space

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Directional Michigan game is the first real football weather game

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Directional Michigan game is the first real football weather game

What channnel is this 0n?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
EspnU lol

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Get those cheerleaders some hats drat

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
We talking WUM vs CUM?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You know it 7-7 shootout!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Auburn just sealed their fate with this absolutely epic graphic of Big Red overlooking his domain. WKU wins straight up.

You heard it here first

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I'm not even gonna lie. For whatever reason, I love that Auburn tweet. We all know what kind of wild poo poo that stadium is responsible for and it being a hellmouth into the upsidedown makes a ton of sense. Glad they are leaning into it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'm not even gonna lie. For whatever reason, I love that Auburn tweet. We all know what kind of wild poo poo that stadium is responsible for and it being a hellmouth into the upsidedown makes a ton of sense. Glad they are leaning into it

Auburn stadium is Stone Tower Temple, makes sense

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I was at AUB/UGA '13. Yeah, that game. Had really good seats through a buddy, too. A few notes:

- Jurrdurrn-Hurrr is loud as hell.
- Todd Grantham should've been shot on site.
- When the game seemed like it was gonna be an Auburn blowout win, the Barner dude next to me gave me his flask of Wild Turkey. When UGA took the lead, he told me he was going to punch it out of my stomach postgame. When the Prayer happened, he hugged me and apologized and offered me another flask.
- This bullet is to also say Todd Grantham should've been shot on site.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
The best thing about the prayer is that it would be the most memorable finish in most programs’ history and so it was at Auburn, until the very next game.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

dphi posted:

So an Oregon WR in what is likely the last post-practice interview he'll ever get to do just admitted to faking an injury for a free timeout towards the end of the UW game (it was pretty obvious, but still) and that Bo Nix is out. Nix was already being speculated as out for the Utah game but absolutely not confirmed.

Last I checked the line was Oregon -2.5 and I'd be tempted to throw something down on Utah if I were the gambling type, our backup situation is, uh, not ideal.

Is there video of his interview? I was watching this live and I yelled out he faked his injury. Our broadcast caught a glimpse of it as he was walking fine then suddenly dropped and faked a hamstring injury. Would love to hear his post practice interview now.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

soggybagel posted:

Is there video of his interview? I was watching this live and I yelled out he faked his injury. Our broadcast caught a glimpse of it as he was walking fine then suddenly dropped and faked a hamstring injury. Would love to hear his post practice interview now.

https://youtu.be/yKcBGZ_Wy84

Also, looks like the line has moved to Utah -1.5

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Twitter outlook is pretty bad right now and I know if any of the funny accounts, coaches, or journalists have moved to Mastodon yet.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you can probably find a lot of college football coaches on truth social

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

Cuban’s Dust has found it’s moment

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

Look just because Mike Gundy retweeted that fluoridation is a conspiracy by Paul Pelosi to sap our precious bodily fluids doesn’t mean he’s endorsing that. He just wants us to think about it man.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Was it ever established why the NCAA changed division 1 designations from 1A and 1AA to FBS and FCS?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

General Dog posted:

Was it ever established why the NCAA changed division 1 designations from 1A and 1AA to FBS and FCS?

I have no idea if this is right or just some implanted memory, but I think it was because 1A and 1AA implied the superiority of one division to the other as opposed to the F_S labels which just highlight their differents, not superiority of one to the other.

Again I don't know for sure, but that's what my (very flawed) memory has as the reason.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Should've done Division 1A and Division 1.1 in that case

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Legends and Leaders are available

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Put em in skirts!

https://twitter.com/MACSports/status/1593604950369701888?s=20&t=SdPXYeaxRP2qPa7oELfbeQ

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I want to see the first football game played in snowshoes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I wanna see a football game played according to Long Dark rules.

Including the wolves.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

They should just play a Detroit double header with the Browns-Bills game

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Man the games tonight are rear end

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Nothing but absolute :sickos: tonight

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Whenever Jimbo's tenure at A&M ends just slap this on the tombstone

https://twitter.com/AlexMill20/status/1594038855187013632

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Did they cover? I assume not. Sounded bad at halftime.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee is in trouble lmao

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee is in trouble lmao

This same SCAR team couldn't do anything against the Gators last week. And then the Gators lost to Vandy today.

football is so weird lol

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

fast cars loose anus posted:

Whenever Jimbo's tenure at A&M ends just slap this on the tombstone

https://twitter.com/AlexMill20/status/1594038855187013632

Home of the 1/12th man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

downout posted:

Did they cover? I assume not. Sounded bad at halftime.

haha, no, no

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Home of the 1/12th man.

someone on twitter said 11.5th man, I like both jokes