Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Then there's Nelson Agholor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

edit* drat ^^^^^^

Then there's Nelson Agholor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dz7sFwpG6o&t=29s

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i genuinely don't know if its possible to surpass Jerry Rice. his stats are so far above the next best receiver im not sure how anyone comes close

It's just crazy that the 49ers went from Montana to Young during Rice's years there. Today you just couldn't have kept Rice/Montana or Rice/Young because the QB price scale is so crazy you can't keep any other stars unless they are willing to play for less then market value.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

syzpid posted:

It's just crazy that the 49ers went from Montana to Young during Rice's years there. Today you just couldn't have kept Rice/Montana or Rice/Young because the QB price scale is so crazy you can't keep any other stars unless they are willing to play for less then market value.

You also gotta remember that Jerry Rice went to the Raiders at 39 for 3 years and put up another 3k years, including 1200 at age 40.

He was insanely consistent for like 20 years

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i genuinely don't know if its possible to surpass Jerry Rice. his stats are so far above the next best receiver im not sure how anyone comes close

If current offensive trends continue? I'd be quite surprised if one of the current generation doesn't at least get close, especially with one extra game per year.

Also, to reiterate, gently caress Jerry Rice. He is a bad person who does not deserve to hold records. I hope he loses every single one.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

maruhkati posted:

Also, to reiterate, gently caress Jerry Rice. He is a bad person who does not deserve to hold records. I hope he loses every single one.

Why?

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

SUPER hardcore Republican.

Also, admitted to using stickum, claiming that "everyone did it back then." When Michael Irvin and Cris Carter basically responded with "I didn't, gently caress you!" he backtracked and said he was just kidding.

(It's the latter part I've got more of a problem with - bitch move, Jerry).

maruhkati fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Nov 27, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

maruhkati posted:

If having bad opinions is disqualifying for holding football records Canton is going to be pretty barren.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Who's talking about disqualifying him based on his political opinions? Sounds like people just want his records broken

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If having bad opinions is disqualifying for holding football records Canton is going to be pretty barren.

I'm not saying it disqualifies him from holding them. I don't even think his stickum usage does, as much of a dickhead move it was to admit it and then immediately backtrack when other receivers clapped back at him for saying that "everyone" did it.

But it is good grounds to profoundly hope that someone breaks every single one.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

maruhkati posted:

Also, admitted to using stickum, claiming that "everyone did it back then." When Michael Irvin and Cris Carter basically responded with "I didn't, gently caress you!" he backtracked and said he was just kidding.

(It's the latter part I've got more of a problem with - bitch move, Jerry).

cheating is cool, op

stump collector
May 28, 2007
well then i hope justin big jefferson puts up bigger stats than jerry rice

wont happen but i can still hope

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1595967489699028993?t=HXt4CayOjNSTkMkEgIp5xw&s=19

https://twitter.com/SNFonNBC/status/1596001847202009088?t=qQXH-E_ZR9nt2Hu3Wn4v8A&s=19

Jefferson rules

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love him

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
As of tonight, Justin Jefferson has surpassed Randy Moss's single season yardage record. He is, officially, the best receiver in Vikings history.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

edit of al davis saying just in baby

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

From Bafugama via reddit. JJ as craft beer label inspiration.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Honestly believe that Justin Jefferson is a better WR because of getting thrown to by Kirk Cousins. All those balls thrown behind, late, at ankles, and way overhead have given Jefferson plenty of practice on making circus catches.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You think he'd be confused by a pass that hit him in the chest?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

You think he'd be confused by a pass that hit him in the chest?

If Kirk threw it? Yes.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Justin Jefferson is a top-3 Justin in the National Football league. I'd say he's #2.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
He p good OP. He p good

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Jefferson is currently 208 yards shy of the all time record for receiving yards in a season and the Vikes need to gameplan solely around getting him there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

ghosthorse posted:

Jefferson is currently 208 yards shy of the all time record for receiving yards in a season and the Vikes need to gameplan solely around getting him there.

Fortunately the Vikings play the Bears in Week 18, so that should give the opportunity to crank that up.