Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Our trio plays a bunch (steam app, in person, TTS app) but aren't as good at the game as we should be considering how much we've played it. I bounce around between spirits like I do games in general and hobbies beyond that, so I never stick with anything long enough to get good at it. So our trio is usually me playing whatever random spirit I haven't played in ages (I do like basic river, spread of rampant green, the rainfall one, and many minds move as one), our host/the game owner playing hummingbird timelord or build-a-bear to challenge himself, and our third member is always Keeper of the Forbidden Wilds. We'll usually do enough of an adversary to get the loss condition, the T2 flag, and 1-2 extras. Sometimes we're joined by an oceanographer friend who usually plays... Ocean's Hungry Grasp. I think its cathartic for her too.

dwarf74 posted:

Thank you - I'll try it out again this weekend. This is all good advice.

I think I'm worrying too much about the micro scale of getting any blight at all, etc.

Don't sweat it too much if you do get blight, some spirits can remove it or abuse it, and even if you go blighted island it's not always bad since there are some good blight cards and it can take the pressure off a bit. That said sometimes a bad blight card can pile on with bad event cards and really kick you while you are down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

River Surges in Sunlight, Many Minds Move as One, Downpour Drenches the World are my favorite to play.

It used to be Spread of Rampant Green far and away in #1 but my friends got too spoiled by it and I like swapping spirits every game.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Horizons of Spirit Island DLC spirits are up for sale on the steam app now, we tried some four player last night and finished one game then ran into a ton of unfixable desync issues in games 2 and 3 we thought they'd worked out. Things had been pretty stable the last few months until this DLC.

The new spirits are fun, the loud sound effects when you open the spirit window and do stuff is certainly a choice. Sun Bright Whirlwind really bugged me, the watching eyes in the trees one wasn't as bad. I don't think the older spirits' sounds were as intrusive but maybe I've just played enough that I've tuned them out.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah sorry I worded it badly but just meant to warn people to expect it. We probably wouldn't have run into so much but we're teaching a new player new spirits and one of the guys was really out of it so we were rewinding more than usual.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dissolve the Bonds of Kinship didn't work in coop, it asked us to vote for which city to melt and the other players didn't see the vote. Rewinding and ignoring the card let us continue.