Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Fellis posted:

What difficulty do folks play at, or what general setup variations do you do to keep the game spicy? I’ve been doing 2p games for a few months as me and a friend wanted to play through all the Jagged Earth content and we were bumping it as we went and we settled on 7 as a nice level to have to think a fair bit, but still typically eke out a victory (maybe win 80%?).

We’re looking to bump up further now, but some of the higher level adversaries just look crazy, so we were going to try an additional board first. The scenarios all look a little eh or need to be tuned to certain spirits, we have started just RNG’ing our compositions since neither of us care which we play. We played blitz last night because we were short on time and it was a hilarious game (Volcano + SUD) but I don’t know if I’d call it spirit island without slow powers.

Very late, but: spice up your life with Brandenburg-Prussia 6 and the Blitz scenario!

That was the board state after setup with a 15 blight Ravage incoming :madmax:
(I feel the rule book saying DON'T on this combo is there for a reason)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Introduced three buddies to the game with core box stuff, initial hurdle of how all the systems operate was a lot to take in but everyone caught on pretty quick in few turns. First game was with the basic 4 spirits with me volunteering as tribute and using Shadows.

Didn't use the precon decks and went with the proper power drafting. The player with Vital initially felt they weren't doing much but managed to fully keep their part of the board locked down while getting cards to unlock their innate which then got used on River & Lightning, which was huge for keeping their parts of the board clean while I struggled with Shadows in my own corner. Next game was with randomly drafted spirits from core, promo1 and promo2 packs (got Heart, Lightning, River and Ocean).

Everyone internalized the ravage-build-explore loop and planning ahead for the future with the resources available fast. i.e leaving a explorer + town to do a blight was fine if there was 2x Dahan (immediately renamed as toadstools) to punish for that and so on.

Time to do a difficulty tweak by introducing adversaries, the event deck and B&C + JE in the next session whenever that happens.

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Sacrifice Victory is there for a reason, everything is expendable.

proceeds to cast "Cast down into the Briny Deep" with the threshold in a solo game

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Gave up fiddling with the little bags for the tokens with solo play, invested in local dollar store tubs and plano.

Spirit boards + cards in the core box, everything pictured in the Jagged Earth one.
Nature Incarnate needs 4 storage tubs to neatly store its stuff so gonna merge the 1+3 energy tokens into a single tub and the same for the two sets of scenario markers.

No idea how to handle the 8 new spirit boards from NI and 4 5 from Horizons once it's available here :shepspends:

Molrok fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 30, 2023

Molrok
May 30, 2011

Yeah my OCD can't handle mixed types of boards, either all thicc or thin and they're not selling a kit for the previous spirits to come in the Horizons size.