Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
My favourite spirit is Rampant Green, because I like winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Any spirits you guys would veto in a teaching game? I'd say spirits that boost others too much like Rampant Green, or mess with core mechanics like fast/slow like Lightning's Swift Strike should probably be avoided.

Another issue I have with teaching is that I have the base + branch and claw + jagged earth all bundled together in one box. That's a lot of mechanics to frontload on newbies in a session :/

Also is there a storage solution out there for Everything (the three above + horizons of spirit island and the new expansion)?

mila kunis fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 17, 2022

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Kerro posted:

Lightning is probably the only one I would recommend against for exactly the reasons you state. Others I'd just explain the complexity involved or impact they have on the game state and let players decide if that's what they want.

Also, how do I beat England 6 solo. I wanted to beat every adversary solo at L6 and I've managed all of them except England which consistently kicks my rear end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1r-1OBBKus

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Synthesis: any game featuring stone must also have a shadows player to balance it out.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
I done did it, I've played every spirit in the game (not every, or in fact most, aspects though). Made a quick tier list on the highly objective, completely uncontroversial metric of "fun to play". Discuss

mila kunis fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 13, 2024

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
"this spirit starts out weak....but then gets strong!!!"

yeah that's every spirit. Even if you want to take that concept to its extremes, serpent already exists and does it in a far more fun way. WWB boring

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
That's right. That's why it says 'objective' in that tier list.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
What's the most "you are 100% going blighted, enjoy the wilde ride" 4 spirit team? I'd imagine wildfire and vengeance would be up there but who would you add to make things as bad as possible. Gaze, bodan, trickster? Anyone else?

mila kunis fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 24, 2024

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Fellis posted:

Oh no I played Starlight Seeks Its Form and I might have a new favorite spirit. The two games I played were a bit outlier so I need more play with it, but I find it makes the drafts incredibly interesting and you get to do them a lot and cheat your reclaims and oh my gosh i thought i would be challenging myself not finding that the stars are right

I’ll try to summarize my play experience once i get a few more games in if anyone else wants to see if they are up for it

I love drafting cards and starlight can draft cards so many times.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
SI organizers in a few years:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Many Minds is like -1 or -2 to Russia's difficulty

It's been a while since I played many minds but drat it feels busted, especially solo. Makes a change from all the vengeance games I've been getting my rear end kicked in lately