Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I did a solo game as Wandering Voice Keens Delirium, against Level 3 France. I know, kind of an easy setup, but I was in the mood to hit some home runs. Anyway, there were some close calls - I drew a double-Wetlands in the transition to phase 2, and then the Coastal Lands card on a board with two coastal Wetlands - but even with Voice's malus to counterattacks, the slave revolt card is so helpful. Won the game with nineteen Dahan on the single board. I had virtually no way to move them around, but God, they were just everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I had an odd game the other day. Was teaching a friend, so we kept it at base difficulty and played as Lightning and Green. He pulled that Minor power that gives energy to a player; 1 by default, +1 if you have enough sacred sites (he did), and +1 if you choose not-yourself. I pulled one that lets another player and yourself both repeat the cheapest power you have in play by paying the cost again. Anyway, this led to repeated turns where he would give me six energy, and I would repeat that starting power of Green's that lets a player add a presence, giving him two presence every turn. We both went into a Reclaim loop in like turn 3, started drawing Majors, and just blew past the Invaders in terms of presence and power. Wish it'd happened on a proper difficulty. Still, it was cool to see how even straightforward spirits can do incredible things when the right engine comes together.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Uh, long. I mean, not six times as long as 1P, but three hours, maybe longer. If possible I'd suggest have an early dinner and start at like 7 - and do not play the time-travel spirit.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Yeah, isn't Wandering Voice hyper-mobile too? If it sux hit the brix and all that

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Volcano Looms High blights a land at their second-highest tier of eruption (and I believe they blight all adjacent lands at the highest tier, not that I've ever used it). I guess if you want to maximise blight, you would really need Stone's Unyielding Defiance, mainly for the ability to take tokens from the box instead of the card.

The repeaters, Downpour and Sun, can also get their hands on a cheap Minor that adds blight and spam the hell out of it.