Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Posting in the Spirit Island thread.

I play on the app mostly these days, almost always as Sharp Fangs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Meatbag Esq. posted:

The discord server is honestly not as hardcore as people make it out to be.

Yes and no? Part of the reputation comes from new members not realizing what they're getting into when they join a game for the first time. My own experience was a lot of passive aggression at when I was taking longer than the rest of the table to resolve events (literal seconds). I realize this isn't indicative of the discord as a whole, but it's also not isolated to a few people. I would still recommend it to anyone who enjoys Spirit Island, but with the caveat that you need to curate your experience. It's the reason I pretty much just play games on the app with that group.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Got obliterated on turn 3 by Brandonburg-Prussia in the ultimate edge case of an initial explore to sands on board H, Increasing Aggression turn 2, Years of Little Rain turn 3 triggering Tipping Point.

I'll be glad once TP is gone from the app.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The event resolves in the state the island was in when flipped, even if its instructions are carried out later.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Elysium posted:

Settle in to Hunting Grounds is loving obnoxious in the app. Hope you like clicking 5-6 times what you want your presence to count as every. single. action. for the rest of the turn.

How appropriate for a card Fangs wants, lol.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I play a Blitz a lot at level 0 for fun. It's a good way to to mess around with minor power strats.

Guard the Island's Heart is a breezy way to take on higher difficulty adversaries and I use it to familiarize myself with their multiple rule sets.

Dahan Insurrection rules. It's challenging, but using your buddies as more active participants in freeing their island is good as hell.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

My top track Fangs strat is:

Turn 1: G2 + G4, usually with Too Near the Jungle and Teeth Gleam From Darkness. This lets me get Ranging Hunt online and thwart a build while setting up RH for the land that got the build in turn 2.

Turn 2: G1 + G2. Choose Major and look for your good options (Tigers Hunting, Angry Bears, Settle into the Hunting Grounds, Flocking Red Talons, Infestation of Venomous Spiders all synergize with Sharp Fangs really well, but strong defense cards are also helpful). Chuck Terrifying Chase 99% of the time. You can already do so much with just your other three starting cards. Speaking of which, if you get dealt bad options, don't be afraid to chuck the major you just got instead. Fangs has a pretty big head start and you can leverage it to dig through the majors til you get what you want.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Everyone keeps hating on WWB and that's fine, more WWB for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lambo Trillrissian posted:

I chose not to read or look at the tier list post

Wise, it's very bad.