Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Are y'all just playing with your homies?

I'd like to get some more games in, either on the Steam App or TTS, but I don't have too many friends with both time and interest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I don't like to do the TTS version because it doesn't have full rules enforcement and there's too many edge cases and things not covered by FAQ/errata that I have to wind up guessing at and it's too easy to miss little stuff. I like the steam app, but it's a shame it doesn't have all the content.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Ocean and BoDaN.

I've still not got the chance to play Build-a-Bear or Tome Guy but they seem neat.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I would not say they are my favorite spirit, but there's definitely some charm in rolling around the board with Thunderspeaker chilling with the homies and mercing dudes.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Poopy Palpy posted:

In the lore, when the Dahan showed up they did blight the land, but not on the industrial scale of the Invaders. The spirits fought back and the Dahan learned not to piss them off in the First Reckoning. There was a Second Reckoning that we don't know much about except that Grinning Trickster Stirs Up Trouble set it off "by telling the absolute truth in the worst manner possible" and that the Dahan don't think of the spirits as gods afterwards. Sounds to me like they learned how to kill spirits.

Is there a good consolidated place to read all the lore? I primarily play on the Steam App, so I guess if it's in the rulebooks, I'd have to go find the PDFs.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Horizons of Spirit Island will be launching on all platforms on June 29th! Wishlist it on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2419040/Spirit_Island__Horizons_of_Spirit_Island/

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

bagrada posted:

The Horizons of Spirit Island DLC spirits are up for sale on the steam app now, we tried some four player last night and finished one game then ran into a ton of unfixable desync issues in games 2 and 3 we thought they'd worked out. Things had been pretty stable the last few months until this DLC.

There's a few game-breaking bugs introduced in the patch. Give it a week.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I've been trying to get some solo games in for reps, and I'm having issues at difficulty 6/7. At 4/5 I cruise, and in multiplayer games, I'm ready to be pushing 8/9, but at 6/7 solo, I find myself not having many close games. A small percentage, I run away with it, maybe 60-70% I feel like I get wrecked early, especially with an unfavorable scenario, and maybe 20%, I actually navigate hard and squeak out a win. And, of those 60-70%, half of them feel nearly unwinnable, even woth perfect info. I don't know what mistakes I'm making, and it's hard to get good feedback with so many variables, but if people have good solo tips at uigher difficulty, I'd love to hear them.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ragnar34 posted:

By 6/7 do you mean like England 6+Prussia 1, or the math in the manual that's like England 3 or 4? The latter I could possibly help with but I can't even do the former. If you're doing England 6 then all I can say is that you're the point where you're just trying to improve the tiny decisions.

Probably the best thing you could do is watch videos of high level play. Red Revenge is a playtester and he knows what he's doing.

Which spirits? Which adversaries?

I've just been mashing quickplay on the app and it spits out random spirit + random adversary/scenario/board at a target difficulty level. So like, 6 or 7 is sometimes Brandenburg 4 or England 2 + Rituals of Terror

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Thunderspeaker is bae. Complexity is for nerds.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AweStriker posted:

What’s AP short for

Analysis Paralysis: When confronted with choices, many players will freeze up or overanalyze to the point where they disrupt play.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

jivjov posted:

How viable is one-handed solo play? I don't have the brain to want to set up two spirits and two island boards but want to play

Fine and normal.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

jivjov posted:

Yea I'm good on rules and such, my concern was spirits not working at All or something without allies. Most solo play accounts I've seen mention playing 2/3 handed and I'm feeling dumb as rocks today

A lot of people do play multi-handed, so much so that I think it's the most commonly posted about way, but you can deffo play single solo.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I'll be glad once TP is gone from the app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Wallet posted:

The thinner spirit panels save a ton of room even though I don't like them quite as much.

The thin Horizons-style spirit panels are miles better than the thick cardboard ones. The perfect panels would be the thick cardboard ones with indents for the presence markers, though.