Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Been messing around with the app at work and I have no idea how Sun Bright Whirlwind handles England or probably France at high difficulty (around 7). Prussia and Sweden I could stall preventing ravages or builds and eventually get a good major and/or hit with my powered up innate, but England just builds way too much and explorer hate is useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah true solo is a bit harder than two players but it's definitely manageable

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Fellis posted:

Been grinding out some Hapsburg Livestock games to understand the matchup better (level 4-5) and there are some really neat tricks/strategy to get around the Durable ability (+2 health on Towns unless land is blighted). We’ve been allowing most phase 1 ravages to go through, only trying to stop the 8+ damage loss condition and picking off new explorers where we can prevent the town gather or create a pocket. The extra blight mitigates the escalation effect and gives you more areas that towns are normal in, which is really great if you can hit a town for 2 and their own build gathers a damaged town into a blighted land for you. This means the Island card is nearly always flipped to blighted, but it gives you a foundation to make up the ground in phase 2.

I've only played them at a lower level but I really like how they feel as overwhelming as England or France but have a less bullshit loss condition

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Anyone got tips for figuring out openings without looking them up every time? I feel like I've got an okay grasp on maximizing inmates, but don't really have a good one on major focused openings never mind being able to distinguish between them. I also probably overlook playing just one t1 too much

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Also how do people like scenarios? I don't like stuff that changes up the base experience too much but maybe I'm just being stubborn for no reason

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

In preparation for whenever they get around to adding aspects to digital, which of the original JE aspects do people like? I feel like River and Shadows are both fun by mediocre, and Lightning is just kinda janky while Vital Strength just kinda sucks afaict- I like the concept of a very major focused spirit but it just doesn't do enough, especially if you don't get a good major to start

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah unfortunately I don't think feather & flame is due for another year. At least Memory is basically a fixed Vital Strength lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

It was really funny taking Stone up against Swedem, getting really overconfident because Sweden is a pushover, and then doing the math on how double blight interacts with its special rules too late

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Yeah if it's fun to play swap BODAN and lightning. Lightning is okay but counterintuitive, repetitive, and boring as poo poo. Bodan isn't great but they're weird and interesting

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Been playing quick play on the app which means I'm seeing some scenarios, and man Rituals of Terror sucks solo. Not a huge fan of Destroying Flame either. The others seem mostly fine though Powers Long Forgotten and Guard the Isle's Heart (especially with England) can be super swingy

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Many Minds and Russia are both out for digital. They're both kinda breaking my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Every time I play Vengeance as a Burning Plague I have a great time right until I lose