Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I should probably find Branch and Claw somewhere, but I've also only actually played twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

When a card is “retired”, I guess that means it’s not used anymore?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

kvx687 posted:

Which spirits are best at pushing? I'm considering a gimmick game focusing on max feeding Ocean and not sure who it would be best with- River obviously, the wind otter whose name I'm forgetting, BoDaN?

Whirlwind is a cat, the otter is Mud. Those two and Bodan are definitely up there in terms of pushing power. It’s not pushing exactly (though it’s probably got some of that too) but Finder of Ways Unseen is just about the best spirit there is in overall mobility:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Fellis posted:

First impression of Wounded Waters Bleeding is that its the spirit you play if you are teaching or are prone to AP because drat you don’t have a lot of hard choices early aside from figuring out what aspect your drafts are pointing you towards. It didn’t feel like I popped off that hard once I healed, but I also had the classic animal spirit ‘see 75% disease events’ game which tempered the large amount of animal tokens. I went with damage side as we were vs Russia, because I forgot you can remove explorers with downgrade, which may have contributed. I didn’t hate the spirit, I just thought the first 3 turns had way less thinking than I’m used to.

What’s AP short for — and by teaching do you mean “you, experienced player, are playing this alongside someone new” or are you giving Wounded Waters to the new player? I’ve seen the board and I don’t understand how they work at all…

Also it’s worth mentioning that at least one of the “remove all the beasts” events is retired (Strange Madness…).

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Ah, I’ve never seen that abbreviated. Thank you!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I don’t really understand Fractured Days either. I’m often in games with new or inexperienced players so the really complex spirits like them that add things for everyone largely haven’t seen play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I’ve only played Stone once and I do not have a good handle on how to pilot them. I’m aware that it’s extremely capable of flatly ridiculous things but I was almost never in a position that actually. let me do those things.