Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your favorite California team?
The Oakland Raiders
The Los Angeles Rams
The San Diego Chargers
The San Francisco 49ers I guess
Some other dumb team in a different league/sport
View Results

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Grittybeard posted:

Somewhat interesting decision if they get stopped on 3rd down.

You'd force the Chargers to score a TD if you kicked, you'd force them to go from the half yard line to a field goal if you go for it and miss.

Of course this opens up the possibility of the Chargers having a miraculous run to score.

No coach wants to be on the receiving end of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Go for it Niners

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

loving Shanahan

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cowards

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Them going for it and failing would have been the funniest loving thing.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
If u go for it worst that happens is overtime. And that's unlikely

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

weak

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
25 yards are much more valuable than 3 points right now imo

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

why doesn't any team fake faking it and then go for it at the last second

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cowards

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Aight, got points, at least

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Trying to draw them offside for a first down is no longer my most hated play, trying to draw them offside to gain half the distance to the goal is.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I mean it'll probably work out but I don't like it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Lol Rams

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Trying to draw them offside for a first down is no longer my most hated play, trying to draw them offside to gain half the distance to the goal is.

The Niners have done it twice tonight!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

That happened twice today lol

E: three times

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Play posted:

I mean it'll probably work out but I don't like it

:haibrow:

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Maybe I'm an idiot but the big kick return scares me more than a drive from the one would

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Eagles playoff percentage: 8-0 lmao

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Teams should just try to get the best jump possible because who cares if you're early have to "half distance to the goal" 10 times in a row where they're moving it up a millimeter each time

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dutchy posted:

Maybe I'm an idiot but the big kick return scares me more than a drive from the one would

They'll kick it out of the end zone. So they'll still need to get 75 yards or whatever

E:actually they didn't. Lol

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
What the gently caress, Herbie?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

loving laffo it didn't matter at all

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

hey uh

what lmao

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

That’s pathetic.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lmao

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
:discourse:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Seems a little weird to trade a bunch of picks for CMC and then not use him at all in that goal line series

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Uh, thanks, Herbie

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

all our clever calculations and we forgot the most basic fact

chargers suck

Play
Apr 25, 2006

FRESH OUT OF PLAYERS

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

What in the loving gently caress?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Tua >

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chargers should just sit Herbert out to heal. They're not doing anything this year.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

is that a loving WHOOPS THERE IT IS chant, how do you even get that one started

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

lmao oh chargers

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Ok then.