Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I like Havertz quite a bit, think even though he is not an all-out striker he's probably better up front than Werner. Werner looks out of place a lot in the national team. Ideally there'd be some proper striker for Havertz to play together with but I could see a partnership with Sane + Havertz upfront working well tbh. The rest of the strikers are a bunch of inexperienced players to bring on in the last 10 minutes of extra time as a fresh pair of legs so let's hope we don't see injuries in that department lmao
Defense is looking fairly solid and I think we might see a back four of Raum, Ruediger, Suele, Kehrer that hopefully gets switched up to a back five occasionally. Midfield has lots of potential as usual but not great at controlling space defensively with the main pairing so we'll concede some silly goals here and there. Let's hope the forwards can find the goal more often that not.

Overall 8/10 Bundesadler, not amazing but could see a semifinal with a bit of defensive luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Yeah the reluctance of national team coaches to bring players that haven't spent ten years already in the DFB system really sucks. But bringing someone without any international matches also sucks. Sure would have been nice if the WC was at the end of the season and not in loving November so new players could have some friendlies!

Going out in the group stage is way pessimistic IMO it would need some real big fuckups for that.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I think we might see Gnabry, Musiala, and Sane together in some games. I definitely wouldn't take the Oman game as any kind of indication of what the squad will look like. Would you have Havertz as striker infront of that midfield then? Edit: Ah didn't see you already answered that. Yeah I think that is a sensible choice but we'll have to see if Flick wants to shoehorn players in in some other ways

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Nov 17, 2022

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Can definitely recommend not giving money to companies profiting from this farce of a world cup. Luckily there are alternatives like Mittelwellenradio or the Internet

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
What a lovely timing, poor guy. Hope he gets to play at least some match this world cup. Wonder if we'll see Guendogan pushed up or some kind of Mueller/Havertz pairing

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

cunningham posted:

I loved seeing Müller up top only for the fact that it meant Kai "Doofus Who Can't Score" Havertz was relegated to the bench.

Some advanced stats for you: Mueller vs Spain and Havertz vs Japan had the same number of shots (0). I think there's some weird thing going on with both of them where either the system we have just doesn't suit their strengths or they're not getting the right support. Having a target/focus player up front might just be better for the rest of the midfield to play off of. Fuellkrug up top with Havertz as a 10 would be interesting to see but not sure Flick wants that.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Think we need to draw some inspiration from how Spain managed to score 7 against Costa Rica. I think the solution might just be to play more midfielders...

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

ephex posted:

Could you provide your favourite starting XI of the GMNT in code tags please?

You looking for something like this?

code:
                             Neuer
Mueller                Mueller Mueller Mueller
Mueller                Mueller
Mueller Mueller  Mueller Mueller Mueller
                             Mueller                Mueller
Mueller Mueller Mueller                Mueller
Edit: well that doesn't work does it

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Man this sucks what the gently caress

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I think the questionable call is playing defenders that let two goals past against both Japan and Costa Rica combined with forwards that need 10 attempts to score a goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Playing poo poo to get an early holiday backfiring for German team