Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Hello, please kill me.

I'm extremely frustrated. What's next? Will Kimmich stop being a baby and move to RB, let Goretzka start in midfield. Put Sane in.

But seriously Spain is gonna body us. I have to get used to living in a world where every single game is a huge concern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Germany and Spain will win, book it. Next round would hypothetically be... Morocco or Croatia?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Muller still up top. Not sure I buy it, but I'm sure Flick wants to overwhelm CR the way Spain did.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

That second Japanese goal absolutely should not have stood. That said, Flick is a moron and should gently caress off.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

ilmucche posted:

the ball was still in play though

Explain? If the ball was fully over the line how was it in play? I'm legitimately asking, because do I have a misunderstanding of the rule?

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Thanks, forums superstars.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

To me that is a questionable call. Obviously we can't change it, and maybe it's the angle, but... I dunno.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Assuming that's the frame where the ball is furthest out then it's still in play, but that's fair. Ultimately the call on the field was it was fine so it'd be on the var to find a frame where it was all the way out to overturn

The call on the field was that it was not fine. VAR overruled the ref.

elbkaida posted:

I think the questionable call is playing defenders that let two goals past against both Japan and Costa Rica combined with forwards that need 10 attempts to score a goal

Obviously true. No one is saying Germany would've gone much further. Still, I think VAR is there to make things feel more technically sound, and I'm not sure it accomplished that.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Did you book it? I hope not!

Not my fault we live in this hellish timeline.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Honestly I think they stuck with JLow for too long and that resulted in persisting with building the team around its remaining aging 2014 winners rather than focusing on the younger talent coming through. This Germany side very much looks like a team in transition, which I'd say is a step up from looking like an older, slower shadow of itself during the Euros.

Muller looks cooked though, dunno why Flick kept persisting with him

I agree with this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Bierhoff is out. RIP.