Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

NeatHeteroDude posted:

we're doing friendsgiving with my wife's very leftleaning buddies. any tips for alienating them?

talk about how good hillary clinton is and it's her turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

we're doing friendsgiving with my wife's very leftleaning buddies. any tips for alienating them?

just be yourself

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I agree with everything they say in a kind of dumb "oh wow, is that so" way until they get bored and stop talking to me. Pretty effective. Actually basically how I interact with people on here now

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Xaris posted:

talk about how good hillary clinton is and it's her turn

it's too late, i've spent too much time making fun of her. they would notice the inconsistency and assume i'm doing one of my famous "nhd bits"

USS Liberty
Nov 9, 2022

by vyelkin

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Talk about the azov battalion

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

are you talking leftists or liberals? if the former, Holomodor chat. If the latter, talk about Pelosi being goated with the jugs

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

USS Liberty posted:

Talk about the azov battalion

can't wait to freak their beans with my knowledge of ukraine

Filthy Hans posted:

are you talking leftists or liberals? if the former, Holomodor chat. If the latter, talk about Pelosi being goated with the jugs

holodomor more like can I holodomore of this delicious turkey? is a phrase i can use

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

NeatHeteroDude posted:

holodomor more like can I holodomore of this delicious turkey? is a phrase i can use

make sure you say this while holding a comically large fork and spoon

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

talk about jolly west

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Just kidding, I tell my family of the importance of JDPON, their role in the world as the Amerikkkan labor aristocracy crushing the throats of the third world proletariat, how they will all be justifiably put against the wall in the name of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and to pass that dang cranberry sauce!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

NeatHeteroDude posted:

just be yourse-

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

just be yourself

gently caress you

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Remember that they still love you, even if your politics disagree. Use this to own them by saying "I no longer love you. Because our politics disagree."

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
go hard on CIA crank / conspiracy guy and never break character. do this for years until not even u are sure if its a bit or if u really believe it. this happened to me and its very very cool

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dismiss all culture war issues as drivel promulgated by the ruling class to manipulate and control the proletariat

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Left liberals? Explain to them that Reagan and Trump are/were liberals.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Karl Barks posted:

Just kidding, I tell my family of the importance of JDPON, their role in the world as the Amerikkkan labor aristocracy crushing the throats of the third world proletariat, how they will all be justifiably put against the wall in the name of the dictatorship of the proletariat, and to pass that dang cranberry sauce!

oh wow, is that so?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
alientate your family and friends by planting a grenade / IED in the turkey carcass and killing them in a huge explosion lol. also shrapnel.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
dialing my nokia from the kithcen and grinning

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Smythe posted:

go hard on CIA crank / conspiracy guy and never break character. do this for years until not even u are sure if its a bit or if u really believe it. this happened to me and its very very cool

everyone loves the cia crank/conspiracy guy though. this is how you mend political rifts

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cuttlefush posted:

everyone loves the cia crank/conspiracy guy though. this is how you mend political rifts

youre not wrong

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Karl Barks posted:

get them to read unequal exchange OP

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

alientate your family and friends by planting a grenade / IED in the turkey carcass and killing them in a huge explosion lol. also shrapnel.

Lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
putting a crystal goblet of brazil nuts on the table and making groucho marks eyebrows at grandpa

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Careen wildly between talking poo poo about democrats and republicans leaving everyone confused.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
insist on doing a native land acknoledgement and then when u finish the prayer (unceded lands) amen start doing some praxis and put on a feather headress and start chopping their heads off with a tomahawk and also make the racist OWOWOWOWOOWOW sound and also have a war drum and ideally someone doing the racist hiyawatha hiyawatha chant

e: realizing now this entire joke was done better in addams family values fml

Smythe has issued a correction as of 01:44 on Nov 16, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Every family got that one cousin EVERYBODY shits on, you know what I'm saying?

This guy knows!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im going to pwn the poo poo out of my Dumbfuck racist uncle's by joining ISIS for half a decade and the kidnapping them while they're on vacation to ransom back to the US govt for $$$ and then executing them anyway Lol.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

going to tell the family im converting to islam

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bismillah al-rahman al-rahim

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

going to tell the family im converting to islam

tell them you want to say grace and then recite the shahada

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

In Training posted:

im going to pwn the poo poo out of my Dumbfuck racist uncle's by joining ISIS for half a decade and the kidnapping them while they're on vacation to ransom back to the US govt for $$$ and then executing them anyway Lol.

owned

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

just print out quoted posts in this thread and turn them into placemats for your family

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

dark meat please

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Bring all your podcast gear and set up at the table, announce them as guests on your podcast, don’t consult them ahead of recording

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smythe seems like the kind of guy who would cut his own feet off just to make women appear taller in perspective

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Cuttlefush posted:

does anyone have parents/family who are very bad at cooking but insist on cooking anyway and nobody has the heart to tell them? my family has always been good at cooking food but it's such a common media trope I wonder how often it actually happens with real people. that seems worse than any politics poo poo.

We’ve had some in-laws go in hard for a dieting mlm and they do poo poo like sweeten desserts with Splenda and make side dishes out of prepackaged “fuelings”. Luckily it’s a potluck this year.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Try really eloquently making arguments in favor of your ideas

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

pass the taters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Badactura posted:

Try really eloquently making arguments in favor of your ideas

turkey makes them sleepy. thats the prime time to strike. you must advance when they are weak and retreat when they are strong. art of the dealing with relatives