Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Homeless Friend posted:

turkey makes them sleepy. thats the prime time to strike. you must advance when they are weak and retreat when they are strong. art of the dealing with relatives

-Sun Tzurkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

McCracAttack posted:

Careen wildly between talking poo poo about democrats and republicans leaving everyone confused.

Complain loudly about Khrushchev, defend Deng.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

every year at thanksgiving i try a new insult pulled from CCP infighting

this year my dad will be the number one capitalist roader

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

bring a scale model of the proposed land bridge between alaska and siberia. also bring darts, a dartboard and a photo of the former queen

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
say what you will about LaRouche but he was right about the brits

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

Complain loudly about Khrushchev, defend Deng.

That's just good life advice.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Tell your inlaws you think of them as your real parents, tell your bio or step parents you hate your inlaws.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Putting all the food on my plate and then taking it into the bedroom to play Xenoblade Chronicles 3

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!
im going to tell a series of tired "arguing with your family over politics at thanksgiving" jokes at my family until my uncle charlie saws my head off with the electric carving knife

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Don't have a family, easy peasy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
show up early to help with cooking, then put the turkey in the microwave and set it to run for 9 hours

Weka
May 5, 2019

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Putting all the food on my plate and then taking it into the bedroom to play Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Make sure to tell your family this is a metaphor for capitalism.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I almost made a thread like this. I have very different political views from most of my family and it's a pain.

My tips:
- have a sense a humor at all times
- focus on critiquing systems, not people. Calling Trump an rear end in a top hat? No. Mentioning that those GOP tax cuts that Congress passed a few years ago only went to the rich? Yes.
- if they throw conspiracy theories with no evidence your way, come back with your own wacky conspiracies and ask them to disprove it
- accept that you are (probably) not going to change anyone's mind if they are past their 20s

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I almost made a thread like this. I have very different political views from most of my family and it's a pain.

My tips:
- focus on critiquing systems, not people. Calling Trump an rear end in a top hat? No. Mentioning that those GOP tax cuts that Congress passed a few years ago only went to the rich? Yes.
- if they throw conspiracy theories with no evidence your way, come back with your own wacky conspiracies and ask them to disprove it
- accept that you are (probably) not going to change anyone's mind if they are past their 20s

This.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

My tips:

didnt read

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Smythe posted:

dismiss all culture war issues as drivel promulgated by the ruling class to manipulate and control the proletariat

unironically the best advice. I mean, if you want to go big

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ProperGanderPusher posted:

We’ve had some in-laws go in hard for a dieting mlm and they do poo poo like sweeten desserts with Splenda and make side dishes out of prepackaged “fuelings”. Luckily it’s a potluck this year.

i'm a generally agreeable person and can tolerate all sorts of situations but like eight years ago at a friendsgiving, someone's sister i didn't know brought a completely fat-free spinach artichoke dip. nobody was trying it because it looked disgusting so i very conspicuously took a big bite and she immediately asked me how it was. the best i could muster was the full-larry-david "ehhhhhh" and i could see her die inside

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

ProperGanderPusher posted:

We’ve had some in-laws go in hard for a dieting mlm and they do poo poo like sweeten desserts with Splenda and make side dishes out of prepackaged “fuelings”. Luckily it’s a potluck this year.

There are 365 days in the year. How fat you are depends on what you eat during the 355 days that are not holidays. Diet versions of holiday meals are anathema to good health.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

explain to your family that you also don't like Joe Biden, but for the Good Reasons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593767953706921985

trump's first tweet should go out 2pm est on thanksgiving day

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
either argue trump or desantis is better depending upon the score of the lions game

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Monarchy is the Best political system.
The USA needs a king.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The USA needs a king.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZFNUJeDldw

English Bob is one of my all-time favorite movie characters

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

i say swears online posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593767953706921985

trump's first tweet should go out 2pm est on thanksgiving day

every cspammer who does not provide proof of voting yes should be banned

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
you should get banned if you have a twitter account

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Cuttlefush posted:

:agreed:

Weka
May 5, 2019

I have two. They only last so long.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The USA needs a king.

tyranny is the traditional antidote to oligarchy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

The USA needs a king.

already has one

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
we got disinvited this year, so if we want to argue about politics we're really going to have to work at it

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
spending the weekend setting up a series of Facebook chats, each specifically excluding one member of the extended family

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
We don't have thanksgiving here, but I do argue with my dad because he reads WSWS a lot and so thinks China is revisionist and goes on about "Stalinism" a lot

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
Food Stuff

The usa makes enough food to feed it self
And it can all fit in an area a bit bigger than Ohio. USA USA USA USA!
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-us-land-use/?leadSource=uverify%20wall

The world makes enough food to feed 10 billion people
https://medium.com/@jeremyerdman/we-produce-enough-food-to-feed-10-billion-people-so-why-does-hunger-still-exist-8086d2657539

Small farms are dumb.
https://thecounter.org/sarah-mock-fails-to-prove-small-family-farms-are-the-future/

And farming is fake job of driving a really slow car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITTZRqV9_WQ

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Nov 19, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Food Stuff

The usa makes enough food to feed it self
And it can all fit in an area a bit bigger than Ohio. USA USA USA USA!
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-us-land-use/?leadSource=uverify%20wall

The world makes enough food to feed 10 billion people
https://medium.com/@jeremyerdman/we-produce-enough-food-to-feed-10-billion-people-so-why-does-hunger-still-exist-8086d2657539

Small farms are dumb.
https://thecounter.org/sarah-mock-fails-to-prove-small-family-farms-are-the-future/

And farming is fake job of driving a really slow car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITTZRqV9_WQ

what

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
See look at this mother fucker being confused.

The same time will happen to everybody else at the dinner table, total political decimation of both Conservatives and Liberals.

Everybody is so loving confused when you tell people the truth.
The Truth is poison, and better than any lie.

And what are they going to do? Tell you to "GROW UP."
They can't! You won the argument. You call them children who need to grow up!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

See look at this mother fucker being confused.

The same time will happen to everybody else at the dinner table, total political decimation of both Conservatives and Liberals.

Everybody is so loving confused when you tell people the truth.
The Truth is poison, and better than any lie.

And what are they going to do? Tell you to "GROW UP."
They can't! You won the argument. You call them children who need to grow up!

im going to bring both you and kirbykhan to thanksgiving for ultimate mental illness domination

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Uh huh...

So Billy, how is your junior year going so far?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

We don't have thanksgiving here, but I do argue with my dad because he reads WSWS a lot and so thinks China is revisionist and goes on about "Stalinism" a lot

lmao the political rifts of the gradenko household

my dad voted for trump twice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Koishi Komeiji posted:

It's very common because most people's cooking sucks rear end and it's a social taboo to say anything negative. So everyone is like "Oh this is sooooo good Karen hahaha. I didn't know you were a chef hahahah."

Our family's crest reads "you bitch you do it"