Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cranappleberry posted:

Uh huh...

So Billy, how is your junior year going so far?

CONGRATS ON BECOMING A MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Smythe posted:

CONGRATS ON BECOMING A MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gonna ban u now. Bye.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

gradenko_2000 posted:

We don't have thanksgiving here, but I do argue with my dad because he reads WSWS a lot and so thinks China is revisionist and goes on about "Stalinism" a lot

I think China is revisionist and that it's good. Who want's a dead ideology? Also go on about Stalinism a lot because it was pretty good.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Can't wait to tell my wife's friends all about the holodomor

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Gonna bust out my "true crime podcasts are bad" arguments but from a queer exploitation perspective

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

my partners dad is a Republican, the first and only one Ive knowingly had a conversation with. I hold my cards close I nod along to his criticisms of NYT and CNN., and I agree that the democrats suck. I like to go a little china watcher on him and bring up stuff like Im really concerned China is doing and America is falling behind. you see the fear in his eyes.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

gradenko_2000 posted:

We don't have thanksgiving here, but I do argue with my dad because he reads WSWS a lot and so thinks China is revisionist and goes on about "Stalinism" a lot

trot dad lol

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Filthy Hans posted:

I'm glad they gave up on making that Eli Roth Thanksgiving grindhouse movie, it never would have lived up to the trailer

there's a horror movie on Hulu called Pilgrim but I haven't watched it

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Missed my wife's family's Thanksgiving because I have a bad cold and her dad is immunocompromised. Being sick ftfw

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Didn't have to engage with her conservative sister at all and instead the ball and chain and I went out and got Italian food lol

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

:lol:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Didn't have to engage with her conservative sister at all and instead the ball and chain and I went out and got Italian food lol

I hope you told the server about the holodomor. It's thanksgiving tradition.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Don't see why it's so hard for goons to get along with their families. You hate the Democrats, they hate the Democrats.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

super sweet best pal posted:

Don't see why it's so hard for goons to get along with their families. You hate the Democrats, they hate the Democrats.

Its that easy folks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My mom is Nancy Pelosi and my dad is Chuck Schumer

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

In Training posted:

My mom is Nancy Pelosi and my dad is Chuck Schumer

hi Pete

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

hope you don't forget the land acknowledgements!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

giant thing at my place tomorrow that my roommate's family is hosting with like 35 people, was told to invite everyone i want. then i had to disinvite them because roommate's gf's lovely sister is still confirmed as coming and she's unvaxxed and currently positive

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

i say swears online posted:

giant thing at my place tomorrow that my roommate's family is hosting with like 35 people, was told to invite everyone i want. then i had to disinvite them because roommate's gf's lovely sister is still confirmed as coming and she's unvaxxed and currently positive

That seems...very bad

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Cdc guidelines say are vague on this but one of my teacher colleagues was prompted to return to class while still positive after having COVID for a week as long as he was symptomless and wore a paper mask. There's this bizarre gray area where you can still be positive but go to a classroom full of disabled kids and talk at them all day if you're not literally coughing directly into their faces.

He took more days off of course, but we both did ragecomic faces when he talked to the nurse and she said "well, I mean, that's what the cdc says and that's what we do for kids who are positive but symptomless" lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

alpha move

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

NeatHeteroDude posted:

He took more days off of course, but we both did ragecomic faces when he talked to the nurse and she said "well, I mean, that's what the cdc says and that's what we do for kids who are positive but symptomless" lol

actual CDC guidance says it's fine to end home quarantine if your symptoms are improving-- you can have still have symptoms yo, it's cool cdc says it's fine

e: lol what thread is this???

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my fault

i'm terrified i'm going to say something super lovely to roomate's gf's sister that i've never met lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
twitter doing this thread unironically

https://twitter.com/ChrisMurphyCT/status/1595528963358613525?t=hqjd_SUZ2oqCO7ugd-xnXg&s=09

https://twitter.com/calebwatney/status/1595177001995931650?t=tK6LZBnMW_mt0p5anJJcoA&s=19

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

My brother in law likes to make offhanded racist remarks about how "the blacks" are ruining America. Last year I got annoyed enough that I told him he really needed to stop worrying about "the blacks" and worry about who's really ruining America, "the Jews".

Me and my entire family is Jewish including him, and it offended him enough that he shut up about it for the rest of the night. I felt like I found a cheat code.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Disclaimer: do not try this at your own thanksgiving, it may backfire.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
imagine eating dry rear end Turkey with your family like a loser. cringing at your deranged q-pilled relatives and trying to fit in with them by pussyfooting around politics
what a wretched life

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

I got RSV instead of arguing with idiots this year. I feel like I won.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Suck your uncle's dick so good that he has to support LGBTQ after

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I'm going to be eating prime rib with an American polycule who lives down the street from me and I'm going to ask what they think about the whole FTX situation

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Far too many of you seem to be on speaking terms with your family.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Filthy Hans posted:

tell them about all the worthless low-effort threads you've posted in C-SPAM this year

These threads are fun to post in. Perhaps you can participate in my next happiness tips thread and find out if you have what it takes to truly not be a sadsack

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

These threads are fun to post in. Perhaps you can participate in my next happiness tips thread and find out if you have what it takes to truly not be a sadsack

I can assure you I do not have what it takes to truly not be a sadsack

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Go touch grass with your cousins. Bring only mid weed, they arnt ready for your everyday smoke

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Filthy Hans posted:

I can assure you I do not have what it takes to truly not be a sadsack

Happiness tip threads are here to help!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ashleymayer/status/1595111262970839040

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Figma nuts in your mouth

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

El*n M*sk

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Organic Lube User posted:

I got RSV instead of arguing with idiots this year. I feel like I won.

why is this so popular all of a sudden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Cuttlefush posted:

why is this so popular all of a sudden

Respiratory Syncitial Virus, otherwise known as the common cold, was literally not a big deal up until this year, but for some reason apparently large swathes of the population are seemingly exceedingly vulnerable to it this year.