Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

gradenko_2000 posted:

Respiratory Syncitial Virus, otherwise known as the common cold, was literally not a big deal up until this year, but for some reason apparently large swathes of the population are seemingly exceedingly vulnerable to it this year.

probably nothing :nsa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

My tip for Thanksgiving

Find the biggest guy there and knock his rear end out, after that everyone will respect you

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Crazypoops posted:

My tip for Thanksgiving

Find the biggest guy there and knock his rear end out, after that everyone will respect you

Everyone is pretty fed up with Cousin Rick's bullshit so this might actually work. Thanks.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Accidentally said the r slur and then the f slur right after (please don't ask im socially awkward) and four uncles lined up to shake my hand

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

My brother in law likes to make offhanded racist remarks about how "the blacks" are ruining America. Last year I got annoyed enough that I told him he really needed to stop worrying about "the blacks" and worry about who's really ruining America, "the Jews".

Me and my entire family is Jewish including him, and it offended him enough that he shut up about it for the rest of the night. I felt like I found a cheat code.

good strat

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SorePotato posted:

Accidentally said the r slur and then the f slur right after (please don't ask im socially awkward) and four uncles lined up to shake my hand

lmfao

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
standing up from the kids table, strutting up to the racist uncle table, snapping my suspenders and belting out the hard R. my moment of ascension has arrived

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

Cpt_Obvious posted:

My brother in law likes to make offhanded racist remarks about how "the blacks" are ruining America. Last year I got annoyed enough that I told him he really needed to stop worrying about "the blacks" and worry about who's really ruining America, "the Jews".

Me and my entire family is Jewish including him, and it offended him enough that he shut up about it for the rest of the night. I felt like I found a cheat code.

And here we have the racism rollover strat that skips the entire tirade at Thanksgiving dinner *polite clapping* Thank you, we have time for chat donation shoutouts now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

standing up from the kids table, strutting up to the racist uncle table, snapping my suspenders and belting out the hard R. my moment of ascension has arrived

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
when i grow up, i wanna be the racist uncle

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

jumping at my uncle's door backwards to glitch into the next area (the kitchen) and avoiding his detailed explanation as to why DeSantis is the future of the Republican party

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
making a show of unplugging the dining room alexa before leaning in and asking if anyone knows anything about the illuminati

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Xaris posted:

"listen up nephew"

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Xaris posted:

Jon Irenicus posted:

jumping at my uncle's door backwards to glitch into the next area (the kitchen) and avoiding his detailed explanation as to why DeSantis is the future of the Republican party

lmao

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

SorePotato posted:

lmao

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

like a frog in boiling water, I will mutter increasingly profane slurs at my sister's boyfriend to assess his Level

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SorePotato posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SorePotato posted:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
they'll tell you you can't put the olives on your fingers but it's not actually a rule it's just a social convention

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

fosborb posted:

they'll tell you you can't put the olives on your fingers but it's not actually a rule it's just a social convention

if your family dont all do olive fingers find a new family

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Cuttlefush posted:

if your family dont all do olive fingers find a new family

after grandma died, that next Thanksgiving we all did olive fingers. it started at the kids table but pretty soon everyone was doing it and laughing so hard we could barely breathe. gently caress you grandma. we're all finally free of your bullshit

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
I can’t believe no one has posted a trip report yet. At least a couple of you must have been kicked out of Thanksgiving dinner by now.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I can’t believe no one has posted a trip report yet. At least a couple of you must have been kicked out of Thanksgiving dinner by now.

I went on a walk with my partners Republican dad. i like pushing his buttons by earnestly agreeing on some topics, such as the purpose of corporations being to make as much profit as possible from the labor or its employees.

later he started on some rant about forest fires and how more forests need to burn and that houses near forests shouldn’t be insured. i suggested the growing population and housing crisis might lead to houses being built in unsafe places anyway. he took it from there to state the necessity of euthanasia to keep the world population under control, “especially old people.”

I asked him the cutoff age and he didn’t answer, just said “people who disagree with me should be euthanized” :cheers:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Aunt got drunk, broke a glass, blamed it on her husband, then fell directly off folding chair into broken glass mid-blame.

Otherwise normal night.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

My night was pretty nice. My wife and I spent time with my family and everyone was having fun and eating good food. I also got a special celebration because it was an important nonbirthday anniversary type day a couple weeks ago that we forgot to celebrate:]

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Accidentally said the r slur and then the f slur right after (please don't ask im socially awkward) but nobody lined up to shake my hand and it was really awkward and I thought I was going to pass out

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

I passed out larouchite literature again and no one pushed my head into the gravy like last year

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my dad told me we’re not allowed to troll anymore kuz someone got super salty last year so it was pretty uneventful

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my dad is like 74 years old and does the “you know bad thing? guess what … I think it’s good lol” and it’s really funny but we’ll not anymore. too illegal. rip

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

lmao, this is great

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This is like hacking honestly

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I watched Arrested Development with my family. The closest thing resembling an argument was my brother trying to explain to me the Jungian archetypes found in Star Wars

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

I watched Arrested Development with my family. The closest thing resembling an argument was my brother trying to explain to me the Jungian archetypes found in Star Wars

What are they?!

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
no clue i was kinda tuning him out, he's one of those prequel defenders

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Sorry to hear about all your sadsack thanksgivings but I just made out like a bandit! Just immediately interrupted peepop's's prayer with a land acknowledgement. Showed all my nieces and nephews a few minutes of my legend of galactic heroes torrents before meemaw noticed. And then just sat in the living room like a boss waiting for any opponents foolish enough to be ensnared by my cspam tempered wits. I was basically this guy except I was winning thanksgiving arguments against my relatives all night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Oo58D-Fls8

but yeah hey sorry, your republican dad was really cold and he didn't hug you after your meltdown. Don't worry there's always next year.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
The upside about not having a dad is that he can’t be a Republican

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

no clue i was kinda tuning him out, he's one of those prequel defenders

Please ask him to email you the list.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I'm playing Doom Eternal with my brother sister and dad while they play their own games (gow rag, Zelda game, hades) and we're all trading jokes and having a nice time

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Lol doom eternal weapons rule. All the guns feel like I'm actually shooting guys with actual guns. And exploding enemies rules. Same with the exploration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Trip Report: my wife skipped her family video thingy, I appeared in her stead so our toddler can be on camera for the 3 hour webcam thingy. During this time she made reddit AItA and OffMyChest posts.

I had a nice 5 minute call on speakerphone with my mom and my baby giggled for her and that made me p happy.

Since last night wife has been following me around the house reading the responses. I ask her, less and less politely each time, to stop telling me about her posts. I thought I could endure any and all abuse she could hurl at me, but I now realize it is time to :sever: