Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

my partners dad is a Republican, the first and only one I’ve knowingly had a conversation with. I hold my cards close… I nod along to his criticisms of NYT and CNN., and I agree that the democrats suck. I like to go a little china watcher on him and bring up stuff like I’m really concerned China is doing and America is falling behind. you see the fear in his eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I can’t believe no one has posted a trip report yet. At least a couple of you must have been kicked out of Thanksgiving dinner by now.

I went on a walk with my partners Republican dad. i like pushing his buttons by earnestly agreeing on some topics, such as the purpose of corporations being to make as much profit as possible from the labor or its employees.

later he started on some rant about forest fires and how more forests need to burn and that houses near forests shouldn’t be insured. i suggested the growing population and housing crisis might lead to houses being built in unsafe places anyway. he took it from there to state the necessity of euthanasia to keep the world population under control, “especially old people.”

I asked him the cutoff age and he didn’t answer, just said “people who disagree with me should be euthanized” :cheers:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019