Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I am back for 2022, eager and ready to exchange gifts.

Your Gift Preferences:

I am a minis guy. I'm in the market for Into the Dark/KT stuff this year, terrain (terrain is always good), general hobby supplies like basing or paintbrushes.
I'm always into fun spaceships and space stations.
Handmade and goofy stuff. Novelty dice, token sets, your pet 3D-printed custom design...
Small treasures or obscure games you'd love to share with new people.

Your General Location:

London, UK

Your Solemn Vow:

And it be well that no goon grinches another, for he would be taken from this place and his gaskin slit, his moules shown to the four winds, his welchet torn asunder with many hooks and his figgin placed upon a spike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Your Gift Preferences: I have more board games than I could possibly know what to do with, so I have really been sticking to my other two main hobbies. 40k and Magic the Gathering. I collect Mechanicus mostly, along with a little bit of chaos. But if you think you can find something to surprise me, then let's see what you got.

Your General Location: Hidden in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado

Your Solemn Vow: I ain't been a grinch and I ain't starting now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK Today is the big day! I'll do assignments fairly late in the day, my time (I'm in California) just due to other business I'm up to today, and also to let any last minute crew get on board. This is gonna be a smaller pool than usual with mostly long-term participants which may mean I'll have to assign someone to a santa or santee that they've previously had. I do my best to avoid that but it's a little silly to force someone to ship internationally just to avoid it, so I prioritize on shipping preference first.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Assignment emails have all been sent!
Please check your inbox, and let me know right away if you didn't get an assignment. The subject line is fwd: <whatever your Santee used to sign up> so it could be odd!

Lightning Bonus Round 1 starts now!

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!

Lightning bonus rounds are how you take part in the Trad Games Secret Santa thing after the deadline for the main round is passed. It's also how you can be greedy and exchange more than one present with your fellow goons!

Beginning today (November 28th), and continuing until no later than December 15th, we will have a series of one or more extra bonus rounds and YOU can participate. The LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS work a lot like the main round. All of the rules apply except for the deadline for application. Re-read the rules in the OP just in case you forgot them.

OK so to sign up I post in the thread and send you an email?
Correct. You must do this even if you participated in the main round. Post in the thread. If you already participated in the main round you can link to your original post or just quote it to show your gift preferences. You must send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com as well; if you already sent one this year I don't need your address again, but I do need another email regardless. My response to that email is your only confirmation that you've successfully signed up.

What then?
I will end each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND according to whichever of the following things happens first:
  • 8 people sign up
  • 7 days have passed and at least 3 people signed up
  • We reach December 15th

Once each round closes I'll randomize the participants in the round and you all exchange gifts. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And of course the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins.

What about international shipping? :ohdear:
You can still tell me you prefer not to ship internationally – if it's impossible for you, let me know and I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen. But if you live outside the US it's probably required to ship internationally. Bear in mind that you can always buy something online from a store that operates in your target country and thereby avoid expensive shipping costs. (You might have to pay a currency exchange fee but that is typically much less money.) If I get a pool that contains nobody else in your country and you said no thanks to international, I will contact you to check if you'd rather take a pass, before I do the matchings.

It's better though if LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND participants can all ship internationally or at least to the US. Remember, you can always just order something online from the destination country: you usually just need a credit card.

So then what's the shipping deadline?
Of course, as we close in on Christmas day, you will have less and less time in which to accomplish purchase, shipping, and delivery. You'll have to pick an appropriate delivery option and be certain whatever you're buying is either in your hands, or definitely in stock at the retailer of your choice. You are still supposed to ship your item absolutely no later than December 15th AND get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee by December 19th! This is part of the challenge! But it probably means that you won't have time to make a hand-made gift or wait for something that is out of stock to get restocked. Strongly consider ordering online from a major retailer with a strong reputation for shipping things immediately.

Will I get matched with someone I've gifted or been gifted by before?
Possibly. For the main round I do my absolute best to avoid this. But with limited goons, it's possible that the only way to be polite to the no-international-please people is to match you with someone you've gifted before. As always, you can give me a list of your mortal enemies and I won't match you with someone you despise.

ROUND ONE BEGINS NOW GO!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Gift ordered!

I had the items I wanted in my cart and it went out of stock so I had to go with a different bundle of items, so it'll be two separate packages, looks like a Dec 7th ETA.

Sign me up for that LR

edit 11/30:
both packages are listed as shipped, same eta

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 30, 2022

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I thought of the perfect gift for my Santee, but it doesn't seem to exist. Does anybody have reality warping powers?

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Gift ordered.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Gift ordered. ETA 2 weeks to arrival.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Gift full of darkness, dread, and horror inbound.

I will also take one Lightning Round please. My OP is here

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 29, 2022

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Holiday cheer dispatched.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santees #1 and 2, all gifts ordered and being sent directly to them. Cheer has been deployed, duck and cover!

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Holiday cheer deployed!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Bucnasti posted:

Hell yeah, count me and I'mma try to hit every lightning round this year.

Your Gift Preferences. Chewbacca is my spirit animal. I've generally buy myself anything I want so surprise me with something I've never seen/heard of before.
I've been hot on OSR, indy and vintage fantasy RPGs lately, I've got space now so I'm much happier with physical books over digital. I love boardgames but don't have a very big collection. Cool geek/gaming T-shirts would be welcome (Size XL). I collect and paint warhammer, but I've got way more minis than I need right now so unless it's something super cool or obscure it will just add to my pile of shame.
No food, I'm have a strict diet. I have just about everything I want from Goodman Games already.
Your General Location. California

I vow not to ruin anyone's festive winter holiday by failing to send them an appropriate gift before the deadline or fail to follow any of the rules.

Sign me up for Lightning round 1

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Gift ordered with 1 week ETA! Also sign me up for lightning round 1, pretty please.

Link to previous post.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Gift ordered with arrival in around a week. I have never posted internationally before so hopefully it works out. If it goes sideways I will still get my goon taken care of.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sure it'll be fine.

I've replied to all the early email questions and such, and our four bonus round signup folks also have confirmation emails out. Thanks everyone! I always love how a bunch of TGSS folks are quick to get gifts fired out.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Cheer ordered, hope to see a shipping number soon. Hope my Santee enjoys!

berenzen fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Nov 30, 2022

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #4 all gifts ordered!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #5 all gifts ordered!

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Sign me up for some of that Lightning Round goodness. I want to spread my cheer allll over.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Count me in for Lightning Bonus Round 1!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

You are surely the greatest of all the gods I believe in today, given your mastery of the Spreadsheet of Cheer and ensuring that a bunch of goddamn nerds get each other nice things, and I want to be part of that tradition once again!

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but I tend to like deck builders and narrative things, frequently with cards — Star Realms/Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, Arkham Horror LCG, and many and varied Tiny Epic games are always a hit. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing! I like weird and wonderful stuff as well, things that spark the imagination: obscure roleplaying games, interesting tarot decks, weird bits of art, that kind of thing. More Escher than Geiger, more Carcosa than Cthulhu, but anything that'll get my brain flowing.

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome, and I'm good with dongs. I mean, I'm good with receiving dongs. I've not had any complaints about anything else I do involving dongs, but that's not TGSS-related.

I should note that I don't play wargames or paint miniatures.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

By Freya's mighty thews, Hephaestus' majestic tool, and Khorne's glorious merkin I swear I shall not grinch.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Gift away!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #3 partially ordered, last part should be ordered within the day (will post again).

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Santee #3 all items ordered, all Santees ordered in full.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
Well hey there package!

That's straight-up a giveaway because... I've ordered from them before! I know that this is definitely a Secret Santa present. "Aha!" I think. "I am a smarty-pants."

Thank you Santa #2, you are the fastest goon.

Holy Christ on a cracker this is a monster of a dice bag!

There is no escape from its baleful gaze.

With actual dice, for scale.

With its smaller siblings that already resided in my home.

Thank you mysterious Santa #2, I shall have to decide which dice to feed it. It will certainly be able to eat many, many dice.

thegodofchuck fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 1, 2022

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wow, what are the odds of that! That bag is super cool though. I wouldn't mind owning three.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
A cool Chewbacca shirt arrived today but it had no info on who sent it. I'm assuming it was my SS, so thank you whoever you are!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

A package arrived.

The sourcebook for SPIES!

It passes Mewgene Debs inspection.

I hope many bothans died to bring it to me.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Based on my notes, I think that is package 1/2 for each of you two, e.g. expect another. I think.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

rydiafan posted:

I thought of the perfect gift for my Santee, but it doesn't seem to exist. Does anybody have reality warping powers?

I don't, but Santa might.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I have received a copy of So You've Been Eaten and Fog of Love from a generous GodofChuck! Both games I had been eyeing but never seen in my local store so I'm looking quite forward to trying them out with my partner

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Cheer has been deployed for main round!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Morpheus posted:

I have received a copy of So You've Been Eaten and Fog of Love from a generous GodofChuck! Both games I had been eyeing but never seen in my local store so I'm looking quite forward to trying them out with my partner

I'm glad it hit the spot! There's a small additional delivery coming as well (Sunday in theory).

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cheer has been deployed!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Gift dispatched to Santee #1. Santee #2's gift is ordered, I am waiting for it to arrive at my place so I can add stuff before sending it onward.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 3, 2022

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Cheer Received! A digital gift card to DTRPG! Thanks! With the move coming up I can either hold on to it and buy physical after the move, or buy several PDFs. Really appreciated!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
And because I just realized it, and quote is not edit...

Cheer is in the Mail! I will be sending the tracking info to the boss so he can pass it on to my santee if wanted :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

And because I just realized it, and quote is not edit...

Cheer is in the Mail! I will be sending the tracking info to the boss so he can pass it on to my santee if wanted :)

so if I forward someone some tracking info in the next hour, they'll know who their santa is...

...UNLESS several OTHER People send me tracking info to forward, in the next hour!!!

actually I'm about to take apart my computer so this is probably gonna be delayed a bit. I'm doing major computer surgery, wish me luck

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

so if I forward someone some tracking info in the next hour, they'll know who their santa is...

...UNLESS several OTHER People send me tracking info to forward, in the next hour!!!

actually I'm about to take apart my computer so this is probably gonna be delayed a bit. I'm doing major computer surgery, wish me luck

I sent tracking info as well if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol

I'll collect some tracking info emails and then send them all tomorrow or something