Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I'm only now checking the forums so I'll send some tracking info in a little bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
All my Santees' presents have been ordered. Will make a pitstop to me first for wrapping and package consolidation, though.

Also! Santa #2 absolutely squidbombed me today with a package from Miniature Market:

Sorry I forgot to take a picture before demolishing the package on the vinyl figure.

It's probably my favorite licensed illithid merch ever and got a little too excited. The book of truly arcane knowledge was a nice touch. And holy poo poo they remembered how many fingers these losers are supposed to have.

Thank you so much, mystery Santa!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
A copy of Blades in the Dark showed up today from my Santa.
I've only heard good things about this game and have been meaning to pick up a copy for a long time so good choice SS! Thank you very much!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Owlbear Camus posted:

A package arrived.

The sourcebook for SPIES!

It passes Mewgene Debs inspection.

I hope many bothans died to bring it to me.

From spies the Galaxy Far Far Away Long ago, to far less subtle conflicts in the 31st century of this galaxy.

Lyudameow Pawvlichenko approves.

Thank you Secret Santa!

It's what I cut my teeth on when I first got into the tabletop hobby back in the 90s, and after a bunch of moves and shuffles in life I didn't have a single mech miniature or hex map. Now I'm going to crack this bad boy open and introduce my kids to the joys of an AC/20 crit to the head.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Cheer ordered! My gift came up slightly under the expected value, so I ordered a second thing. They're coming separately, but both should be there December 12-15. I typed that up so my santee would know to expect two packages, but I realize mid-post that my santee doesn't know who they are so it's entirely worthless. I could have just deleted it, but instead I'll type way more stuff pointlessly explaining the situation.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4017532&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post527791214

Heck it, I'm delighted, I feel like my Santee was pretty happy, let's lock and load again for a lightning round.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 7, 2022

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

thegodofchuck posted:

I'm glad it hit the spot! There's a small additional delivery coming as well (Sunday in theory).

Got it this evening, I'm already opening board games to find where I can use these 32 little containers, perfect for my organization-obsessed brain. Also can plan them into future organizers (the same way Fog of Love has two little plastic containers that slot perfectly into its organizer, which is basically ASMR for me)

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Ho ho ho! Gift En Route!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Owlbear Camus posted:

From spies the Galaxy Far Far Away Long ago, to far less subtle conflicts in the 31st century of this galaxy.

Lyudameow Pawvlichenko approves.

Thank you Secret Santa!

It's what I cut my teeth on when I first got into the tabletop hobby back in the 90s, and after a bunch of moves and shuffles in life I didn't have a single mech miniature or hex map. Now I'm going to crack this bad boy open and introduce my kids to the joys of an AC/20 crit to the head.

Glad you got them both and you can now kill 'em with the lil guns and the big guns (and with the lil 'uns)!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

Morpheus posted:

Got it this evening, I'm already opening board games to find where I can use these 32 little containers, perfect for my organization-obsessed brain. Also can plan them into future organizers (the same way Fog of Love has two little plastic containers that slot perfectly into its organizer, which is basically ASMR for me)

Glad you like 'em! Enjoy the playing and organizing!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

A copy of Blades in the Dark showed up today from my Santa.
I've only heard good things about this game and have been meaning to pick up a copy for a long time so good choice SS! Thank you very much!

It came well recommended as OSR things go and gave me an excuse to support that store's union efforts (they just won recognition this week :unsmith:). Enjoy old school skullduggery

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

DressCodeBlue posted:

It's probably my favorite licensed illithid merch ever and got a little too excited. The book of truly arcane knowledge was a nice touch. And holy poo poo they remembered how many fingers these losers are supposed to have.

Thank you so much, mystery Santa!

Glad you enjoyed it! I saw that one particular figure in the store and figured I couldn't go wrong buying it with some additional Illithid merch.

Happy Holidays!

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
Cheer Part 1 of 2 dispatched; potentially will even arrive tomorrow! Part 2 needs to be assembled and mailed in the morning.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

SirFozzie posted:

Cheer Received! A digital gift card to DTRPG! Thanks! With the move coming up I can either hold on to it and buy physical after the move, or buy several PDFs. Really appreciated!

This was me! I figured it was best to go for something that'd give you some flexibility given the move, as I know how stressful it can be.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Yeah. The weird thing is when I was living on my own, I had a ton of bookcase space. Then when health issues moved me back home with my brother, I LOST a ton of book space (I've had books in storage for two years). Now that we're moving, and I have more room at the new place, I'm GAINING a ton of bookspace (My brother just told me he's ordering "Three extra bookcases" as a Christmas gift), so it's really good to have options where if I see something on DT RPG physical I like, I can grab that after the move (currently planned thought to be around Jan 6-7.. although New England winter and waiting for everything to be complete at the new house could delay that).. or if nothing grabs my fancy, I can grab PDF's to read on my tablet :)

Awesome cheer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok I forwarded several tracking numbers to people and caught up on emails.

We've got 7 signups over the last week for the first bonus round, I'll try and get that fired off later tonight depending on whether time allows.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I received Christmas cheer!

Time to devise delightful adventures featuring terrifying creatures to kill my family('s characters).

Thank you, Santa! Just what I wanted!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
Gift is out and should be there by December 10th or 11th!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Late last evening while retrieving my DoorDash delivery from my porch, I came across a waterlogged Amazon package I wasn’t expecting (neither the package itself nor just how absorbent the material could be!)… within lay tomes purporting to share terrible truths about the Emperor of Mankind:

But to ease my now-troubled mind, I also received an ebook that is surely a touching coming-of-age story of triumph and hope:

The email also let me know a physical co-y is sending its way to me, and directed me to log into my DTRPG account.. on doing so, I found DTRPG had this helpful message under the order details and download links:
thegodofchuck asked us to include the following message:
WARNING: DO NOT LOOK AT THIS EMAIL UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE PHYSICAL ITEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO VIOLATE THE SPOILER WARNING!

OH NOES YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE EMAIL RIGHT NOW! I SURE HOPE THIS GIFT MESSAGE IS ABOVE THE PART WHERE THEY TELL YOU WHAT I BOUGHT!

Happy TGSS!

Well, you tried! But as any Inquisitor will remind you, hope is the first step on the road to disappointment!

Many thanks, thegodofchuck! Excellent gifts all! I am taking actual vacation time this year and am looking forward to learning all about this dashing but somewhat perturbing Horus fellow. Perfect accompaniment to making some progress on assembling/painting my Horus Heresy boxed set this Yuletide.

And SotBE…I remember the thread from long ago but never did finish it. Very excited to dive in and boot that jerk Jeff out of my rightful mom’s basement home!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Uh oh, are the Horus Heresy books water damaged? We can probably get them replaced or something if so!

Folks I was gonna fire off the lightning bonus round tonight but I was distracted and ran out of time. I'll do it tomorrow for sure!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Uh oh, are the Horus Heresy books water damaged? We can probably get them replaced or something if so!

I knew I forgot to add something to my post :doh: The books were safe and bone-dry, thankfully!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

ibntumart posted:

I knew I forgot to add something to my post :doh: The books were safe and bone-dry, thankfully!

That's what I was worried about too, phew!

There should be two pdfs though, there's an item book also, is that in there? I got the travel edition because the HC is ridiculously zonkin' huuuuge. Same content. This is a new edition, not the forums version BTW. It should fill your gamebook cravin'

The mail delivery's not done yet though =)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Cotton Candidasis posted:

I received Christmas cheer!

Time to devise delightful adventures featuring terrifying creatures to kill my family('s characters).

Thank you, Santa! Just what I wanted!

The elves have yet to ship the other part, but there's a second half to that. Glad you like it!

edit: apparently the christmas goblins dropped off a package earlier this morning

I don't have any of these things already, and I had been looking at the edgerunner minis (I want to try the cyberpunk red D&D thing at some point, these are my first official merch from that). One can always need some textured bases, of various sizes too! Then I looked at this and I was like "I've never played Warhammer Underworlds" then saw it was some of the ossiarch bonereapers! The lead dude, I'm guessing who is Kainan, has a :black101: axe! Thanks santa!

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Dec 5, 2022

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

The elves have yet to ship the other part, but there's a second half to that. Glad you like it!

edit: apparently the christmas goblins dropped off a package earlier this morning

I don't have any of these things already, and I had been looking at the edgerunner minis (I want to try the cyberpunk red D&D thing at some point, these are my first official merch from that). One can always need some textured bases, of various sizes too! Then I looked at this and I was like "I've never played Warhammer Underworlds" then saw it was some of the ossiarch bonereapers! The lead dude, I'm guessing who is Kainan, has a :black101: axe! Thanks santa!

Ho Ho Ho! glad you enjoyed the selection. Underworlds mini's are some of GW's best sculpts game or not. The bases are 3d printed, and have little holes for magnets. Txarli Factory is the designer. If you ever want more or other sizes lmk.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Just a bit of moldline cleanup left and then they're ready to be primed :waycool:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
Mysterious packages in the mail. Thank you Santa!

jassi007 fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 5, 2022

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

jassi007 posted:

Mysterious packages in the mail. Thank you Santa!

One more mysterious package to go. What will it be???

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Gifts of cheer and fun arrived in the mail today. These are awesome, thank you Santa!

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
A package in the mail? That I didn't order?

It must be from a Secret Santa!

It's Decorum! Just what I wanted!

How did you know, Santa? It must have been the list.

It even has the fancy de-luxe tokens that I wanted! :dance:

What an un-bear-ably cute card!

Thanks, Santa!

(#1 Santa, cheeky) ;)

I figured the extremely loud box would be a great background for all of the pictures too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berenzen posted:

Gifts of cheer and fun arrived in the mail today. These are awesome, thank you Santa!

Interesting! I don't have a post from your Santa saying they sent anything. Maybe they missed the bold, block caps text in Step 6! That's OK thought, this is the important bit!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A nifty dice, minis, books, etc. storage device arrived at my home today! Thanks, anonymous gifter!

When I play D&D I use D&D Beyond on my tablet. The last few months I had actually been using the digital dice, but had been thinking of switching back to physical dice, so this is perfect timing.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

rydiafan posted:

A nifty dice, minis, books, etc. storage device arrived at my home today! Thanks, anonymous gifter!

When I play D&D I use D&D Beyond on my tablet. The last few months I had actually been using the digital dice, but had been thinking of switching back to physical dice, so this is perfect timing.

Glad you like it! I wasn't sure whether to get the dice only option, the minis option, the mixture, etcetera...but this felt like it fit your needs nicely :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lightning Bonus round 1 assignment emails are out!

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2 BEGINS NOW!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Per the boardgame thread in Coupons & Deals, Agricola revised edition is $35 on Amazon right now.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Per the boardgame thread in Coupons & Deals, Agricola revised edition is $35 on Amazon right now.

Once my glowforge arrives I am going to go absolutely batshit crazy making neat little acrylic meeples/bits/upgrades for all my Uwe games.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Unfortunately somebody raised the minimum gift value this year to $40, so this deal is too good.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Throw in a random set of dice or something? :)

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Lightning Round 1 cheer has been deployed!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

I'm feeling the cheer this year. Sign me up for Lightning Round 2!

DigitalRaven posted:

Dear Santa,

You are surely the greatest of all the gods I believe in today, given your mastery of the Spreadsheet of Cheer and ensuring that a bunch of goddamn nerds get each other nice things, and I want to be part of that tradition once again!

Gift Preferences
Board games! Things that play well at two players are best, as are things with a strong solo mode. A small form factor is also a blessing given how small my place is. This is my BGG collection, but I tend to like deck builders and narrative things, frequently with cards — Star Realms/Hero Realms, Villagers, Streets, Arkham Horror LCG, and many and varied Tiny Epic games are always a hit. I also love art/setting books that I can use for game inspiration — previous TGSS gifts have included The Worlds of Android, and The World of Might and Magic, which were amazing! I like weird and wonderful stuff as well, things that spark the imagination: obscure roleplaying games, interesting tarot decks, weird bits of art, that kind of thing. More Escher than Geiger, more Carcosa than Cthulhu, but anything that'll get my brain flowing.

I'm a big Transformers fan and a bit of a Gundam nut, so plastic robots in kit or toy form are always welcome. Scifi stuff in general is pretty awesome, and I'm good with dongs. I mean, I'm good with receiving dongs. I've not had any complaints about anything else I do involving dongs, but that's not TGSS-related.

I should note that I don't play wargames or paint miniatures.

General Location

:scotland:

Solemn Vow

By Freya's mighty thews, Hephaestus' majestic tool, and Khorne's glorious merkin I swear I shall not grinch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Hark! The postman's knock!

It's a large box, covered in a protective polymer husk.

Within...a BIG box of terrain, wow!

And also a free voucher for £75 of wine, which is a curious choice of promotion for a gaming store. Maybe they think geeks will need to buy last-minute gifts for wives and girlfriends.

Wow! That's seriously generous! Thanks, Santa!