Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
The most wonderful time of the year: TGSS time is here! My brain is still frazzled from last week”s workload, but putting in my intent to participate now. I’ll flesh out below while overindulging on turkey and stuffing later this week.

Things I Like:
  • Horror RPGs: Would love supplements for games I already own, but would really love to expand my horizons to new RPGs as well. (Call of Cthulhu, Cthulhu Dark, Trail of Cthulhu, Yellow King, and Night's Black Agents).
  • Dice: Anything cool or weird, especially D6s and D10s
  • 40K: I am all about the Adeptus Mechanicus and Sisters of Battle. Really anything as I've only just started collecting and painting models again after a substantial hiatus. Now the proud owner of Belisarius Cawl!
  • CYOA/Gamebooks: Have been a fan of these since I was a kid: Choose Your Own Adventure, Endless Quest, Grailquest, Wizard & Warrior, etc. Any new books in this genre, or any vintage physical books, would be awesome. Blessed with a copy of Sword of the Bastard Elf now!
  • Solo Games: Boardgames or card games especially, but very open to any cool solo RPGs, too.
  • Warham books: I have read almost none of the Horus Heresy books (just Mechanicum so far) and would like to remedy that. Or any other 40K novel that's good. Gifted with Galaxy in Flames, Horus Rising, and False Gods!
  • Languages: Anything to do with medieval languages, especially Arabic, Hebrew, Old English, Norse, or early French.
  • Weird & Wondrous Things: Seriously anything cool or oddball from weird but good indie RPGS (or enjoyably bad ones), minis, coffee mugs, really anything
  • Snacks & Drinks: Finally, snacks, beers, chocos, candies, and other delicacies are always greatly enjoyed! (I wound up making mead a holiday tradition thanks to a previous TGSS Santa, and discovered the delights of Belgian ale as well)

Stuff I Already Own

Horror RPGs:
  • Call of Cthulhu 7th ed.: Cults of Cthulhu, Malleus Monstrorum, Investigator's Handbook, The Things We Leave Behind (love this one), Fear's Sharp Little Needles, and Cold Harvest
  • Trail of Cthulhu: the Armitage Files, Eternal Lies, The Final Revelation, Dreamhounds of Paris, and Cthulhu Confidential
  • Night's Black Agents: NBA Solo Ops, Dracula Unredacted, and the Dracula Dossier Director's Handbook
  • Yellow King: just the main rulebooks
  • Cthulhu Dark: I don't think there are any supplements but would happily be proven wrong
40K Novels:
  • All the Ciaphas Cain, Eisenhorn, and Ravenor novels, as well as Mechanicum, Brutal Kunnin', Scars, and Flesh and Steel

General Location: Silicon Valley

Solemn Vow: May dread Santa toss me into his pit of cannibal elves should I dare to Grinch my gifted or fail to post the epic unboxing thread!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Gift ordered with 1 week ETA! Also sign me up for lightning round 1, pretty please.

Link to previous post.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Late last evening while retrieving my DoorDash delivery from my porch, I came across a waterlogged Amazon package I wasn’t expecting (neither the package itself nor just how absorbent the material could be!)… within lay tomes purporting to share terrible truths about the Emperor of Mankind:

But to ease my now-troubled mind, I also received an ebook that is surely a touching coming-of-age story of triumph and hope:

The email also let me know a physical co-y is sending its way to me, and directed me to log into my DTRPG account.. on doing so, I found DTRPG had this helpful message under the order details and download links:
thegodofchuck asked us to include the following message:
WARNING: DO NOT LOOK AT THIS EMAIL UNTIL YOU RECEIVE THE PHYSICAL ITEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO VIOLATE THE SPOILER WARNING!

OH NOES YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE EMAIL RIGHT NOW! I SURE HOPE THIS GIFT MESSAGE IS ABOVE THE PART WHERE THEY TELL YOU WHAT I BOUGHT!

Happy TGSS!

Well, you tried! But as any Inquisitor will remind you, hope is the first step on the road to disappointment!

Many thanks, thegodofchuck! Excellent gifts all! I am taking actual vacation time this year and am looking forward to learning all about this dashing but somewhat perturbing Horus fellow. Perfect accompaniment to making some progress on assembling/painting my Horus Heresy boxed set this Yuletide.

And SotBE…I remember the thread from long ago but never did finish it. Very excited to dive in and boot that jerk Jeff out of my rightful mom’s basement home!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Uh oh, are the Horus Heresy books water damaged? We can probably get them replaced or something if so!

I knew I forgot to add something to my post :doh: The books were safe and bone-dry, thankfully!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Original Santee has 1 of 2 packages on the way (ETA December 15th) and second will be shipped express tomorrow…LR Santee has all packages en route, first package ETA December 13th and the rest by December 17th.

Also, two more packages came to my doorstep:

Many thanks, godofchuck! I will be an expert in Horusology in the near future now.

Wow, was not expecting to have the HQest of Cogboy HQs too! No note inside, but gratitude aplenty to whomever sent Cawl.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

I have six goons signed up for bonus round 2, which I'll be firing off tonight. Last chance for anyone else to get in; this is probably the final round, because we're just about out of time for bonus rounds!

In particular it'd be nice to get one more participant who is happy to ship or shop internationally for this round. Not required, but it'd make things slightly easier.

I’m down for last minute LR 2! Sending email.

Link to wish list post

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Everything has been shipped/sent for LR2!

Also, two packages came in...unboxing post to come after I get home from work.

Owlbear Camus posted:

I was going to post everything together, but:

Lyudameow Pawvlichenko and Purry Gagarin both approve of these awesome TINY GIANT ROBOTS to add the the colossal mechanical mayhem of feuding feudal space lords in the 31st century.

Well, I was worried at first these might be the wrong mechs, but if not one, but two cats approve, then I account myself vindicated! (Part 2 should be in no later than Monday per the delivery delay notice I got last night)

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
More Warhammy Christmas cheer at my doorstep:

Another awesome HQ unit, this time for my flame-wielding warrior nuns! Plus a SoB novel I had no idea existed! This may be just the inspiration to get my wife and I to paint up a Kill Team and some Battle Sisters this holiday break. (We share an especially nerdy love for these warrior space nuns: her dissertation focused on the evolution of Catholic orders and I was a medievalist back in grad school, so I’m sure we’re completely unbearable when we talk about SoB together.)

Sadly neither book nor model came with any note to let me know whom to thank, but rest assured anonymous goon(s), both are immensely appreciated additions to my 40K related hoard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
A box of mystery appeared on my doorstep today, which was unboxed with wild abandon to reveal:

I had no idea there were solo war games, so this is awesome to the Nth degree…plus I have some rad new minis to experiment with! Thanks, bucnasti! This is also my birthday, so this box arrived on the perfect day.

Yesss another gift gains cat inspector’s approval!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That was me, I forgot to mark it in my hubris!

I have both that Vahl and Celestine and I was torn on which one to get you but picked Vahl cause "nundams" are always fun to look at and paint (though I've not had the chance to paint my Vahl yet...)

I just listened to Our Martyr'd Lady and Ephrael Stern and am on a SoB kick myself at the moment

My thanks, and know that I will be calling any future Paragon units junior nundams!