Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TG Secret Santa 2022: Dragonriders of Hârn

Hooray! It's time again for the best TG tradition; our 18th year of Trad Games Secret Santa! This year's theme is dragons. You can thank Podima for the theme suggestion. Also I'm very sorry for how late this post is, I usually try to get this going beginning of November. As a consequence of my tardiness, I'm making assignments the monday after thanksgiving; I don't think Black Friday sales are as important any more so that should be OK.
Also, due to inflation, I am increasing the minimum gift value to $40 this year.

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS HAVE BEGUN. All these rules apply but also read this linked post before you sign up.

Rules Quick-Reference
See below for the full explanation of the rules; this is just a quick rundown:
  1. Post you want to participate, in this thread, with your gift preferences (required), general location, and your solemn vow.
  2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com with your mailing address, SA username, whether or not you'll ship internationally, and any important info.
  3. Receive and read your confirmation email, which arrives within a couple of days.
  4. Check your inbox on Monday, November 28th for your Santee Assignment.
  5. Find your Santee's sign-up post in this thread, and read their gift preferences, if any.
  6. Send a gift worth at least $40 to your Santee. Mail it no later than December 15th, AND ensure it will arrive no later than December 19th. MAKE A POST when you send your gift!
  7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift (whether you open it or not). If you're not sure if it's a TGSS gift, then open it, don't wait till xmas. I need to know you got your thing, and so does your Santa!
  8. When you open your gift, post what you got! Take pictures if you can.
  9. If you get a lovely gift, or nothing arrives, or you have any sort of problem, email tgsecretsanta@gmail.com so I can fix it.
  10. Stick around in the thread till it's closed, or at least until mid-January. There might be a follow-up thing you need to do, or a question to answer, or de-grinching to do, or a survey or something.

OK on to all the :words:
What's Trad Games Secret Santa?
It's an anonymized gift exchange with a Trad Games theme. Goons sign up to trade presents with other goons. I handle the anonymization of assignments, sending your personal information to a total stranger, who will then mail you a gift. Similarly, I'll send someone else's info to you, and you have to send them a gift. Fun!

How do I do it?
Read all the STEP BY STEP RULES in this post (scroll down) and follow them carefully. If you have problems with reading comprehension maybe read it twice or have an adult read it to you. There's ten whole rules and you have to obey them and follow instructions. Each of the rules has a reason behind it so don't skip them.

So I am going to buy something for someone?
Yes. You have to get a gift for a Trad Games goon. Ideally your gift should be picked out specifically for the goon you're assigned. Since this is the Trad Games forum, we're generally focused on games-related stuff, but you kind of have free reign so it doesn't necessarily have to be a game gift... but it probably should, unless you're reasonably sure your non-game gift will delight your target Santee.

Signing up for this is a financial obligation. It is not okay to sign up and then disappear, because someone will send you a present, and then whoever your assignment is, gets grinched. Please take a moment to think seriously about this before you just mash the Reply button.

How much does it cost?
US$40 (or its approximate equivalent in Foreign Money), plus shipping. The shipping isn't part of the gift value because it's not your Santee's fault they live in New Zealand and they shouldn't have to have a worse gift just because you're 8000 miles away.

What if my Santee lives in an Exotic Foreign Land like Zambia, Trinidad & Tobago, or Wales?
I try to match you to someone in the same country unless you volunteer for international gifting. If you are willing to cover the extra cost, then you can say so and I will randomly choose from among the volunteers where needed to gift someone overseas. If you do get matched up with a Foreign Goon, remember that you can order directly from an online retailer in their country to avoid international shipping. If you don't want to get matched with a foreign goon, say so in your sign-up email. If you do actually mail something internationally you will need to ship it earlier so keep that in mind!

This Year's Deadlines
Some time on Monday, November 28th, I will make assignments and email them out. You will then have until THE MONDAY BEFORE CHRISTMAS which is Monday, December 19th to get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee. To meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 15th. Keep in mind if you wait that long you'll have to pay a bunch for premium air mail even for domestic delivery. If you choose to wait until the last minute then you have chosen to send your gift sent on time by using an expensive shipping option.

What if I forget?
Don't forget. Bookmark this thread. You can of course make things easier on yourself by just buying something and shipping it immediately after you get your assignment.

What if I don't get a present because my Secret Santa is an rear end in a top hat?
This is called “being Grinched.” If you get Grinched, like an old-west Sheriff I will round up a posse of de-Grinchers and together we will cover for the rear end in a top hat out of the goodness of our hearts. We haven't actually had a grinch since 2016 so I think let's not dwell on it too much.

It's already after the deadline! Does that mean I can't participate?
You are in luck! After the first deadline, we run LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!. Beginning November 28nd, and continuing until roughly December 12th, we will have one or more extra bonus rounds. Each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND will have from three to eight goons. Then I do a mini-gift-round assignment. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! Since the pool of participants will be very small, the odds that multiple goons will have to ship internationally go up, though, so keep that in mind.

I'm rich and/or greedy. Can I send two gifts?
gently caress yes you can! Just let me know in your email (step 2) how many gifts you want to send and receive, and I'll make it happen. Each gift still has to meet all the standard requirements. Also you'll need to actually open gifts as soon as they arrive, so we can identify which of your Santas you've been Santeed by.

I only want specific kinds of stuff
That's fine. Just put your requests in your post when you sign up. There's no 100% guarantee, but really that's just like Christmas at home, isn't it? The worst case scenario is you get some $40 Thing that wasn't exactly what you wanted. That's not such a big deal.

I might get something I already have!
That's true. There's only one way to avoid this for sure, and that's by posting what you've already got. You can use boardgamegeek for that, or just make a list, or be more specific about what you do want. There's still a chance you get a duplicate of something you have, though. I can't think of a way to avoid it completely, so you need to be ready for this to possibly happen. This isn't being Grinched, sorry. It's just the nature of Secret Santa.

What if I've never posted in Trad Games?
Welcome aboard! If you have an SA account in good standing that existed before I posted this post, you're eligible to participate. Welcome to the club! Probably you'll get something TG related, though. Or possibly a dong. If you have a brand new SA account registered after this post was posted, then I'm worried about you. Let's have a chat and figure out if you're trustworthy.

TGSS Mailing List
Would you like to receive a reminder of TG Secret Santa next year? Send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and ask to be added to the official TGSS Mailing List. I will use this list to send out a heads-up each year when I post the new TGSS thread. I won't sell or share the list with anyone, and I will use BCC: so you won't be sharing your email address with the other goons on the list, either. Of course you can also remove yourself from the list at any time, just send me a request and I'll take you off.
:frogsiren:FULL STEP BY STEP RULES:frogsiren:
These are step-by-step instructions in full. Just do all of them, in order.

1. Announce your intention to participate in this here thread. Put the following information in BOLD so it's easy to see:
  • Your Gift Preferences. This means describe things and categories of things you'd love to receive. This is mandatory. You can be specific but it's better to be general. E.g., “I'd love a blueray movie” or “I need tabletop wargaming scenery” or “I'd like the hardback Kings of War 2nd Edition Rulebook.” You can also specify things you don't want, like “I have enough dice thanks” or “I hate animes” or “Do not give money to Wizards of the Coast” or whatever. The more help you give your Secret Santa, the higher the likelihood you will get something that you will actually like. If you just put “I'd love anything at all,” be prepared to receive anything, up to and including Dongs. You also might receive something you already own, especially if seems related to your post history.
  • Your General Location. You'll be telling me your mailing address via e-mail anyway, but goons like to know where in the world all the other goons are. It's funner that way. You can say things like “Chicago” or “Wisconsin” or “Australia,” however specific or general you feel like being.
  • Your Solemn Vow that you will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when you get your present and tell us all what you got and who sent it to you.

2. Send an e-mail to me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com containing the following information:
  • “Secret Santa Sign Up” or similar in the subject line
  • Your REAL NAME AND MAILING ADDRESS. Someone is going to mail things to you and they need to know how. If someone mails a thing to this name and address and you don't get it because you moved or it's not a real address or the postal carrier refused to deliver a package addressed to “Weedlord Bonerhitler” or something, that's your fault and you will have self-Grinched which is the most embarrassing thing ever.
  • Your Something Awful login name. It should be obvious why I need this.
  • Your willingness or unwillingness to ship internationally. Please be specific if you have restrictions. For example, if you're only willing to ship within North America, please say so. Remember, shipping costs are in addition to the $40 gift guideline.
  • Anything else of importance. Special information might include a list of your mortal enemies which I had better not match you with, a date after which you will be at a different address, your allergy to cheese, or whatever. I promise not to match you (as Santa or Santee) with anyone you don't want to be matched with, and I will pass along any messages to your Santa or Santee that you need passed along. You can also ask questions timidly in this email instead of boldly in the thread, if you prefer.

3. Check for a confirmation email from tgsecretsanta@gmail.com
Everyone who signs up will get a confirmation email within a short amount of time (usually within a day or two). If you don't get one, check your spam filters and then let me know and I'll troubleshoot the issue. Your confirmation email is sent at the same time that I put you on the Spreadsheet of Cheer, so it's important.

4. Wait until Monday, November 28th and then check your inbox. That is the day I will close registration for the main round, and assign names using a secret method. I will post in the thread as I get these assignments out.

You must keep your Santee's personal information secret and private. Don't post or forward or copy their real name, other fake name(s), address, or email address in the thread or anywhere else. Don't try to go visit your Santee, that's creepy. This is important. Respect your Santee's privacy.

5. Check the thread, find your Santee's first post, and read up on their greedy demands. And then buy them a present and mail it. The Officially Recommended Spending Amount is US$40. It is OK to spend a bit more than that if you feel generous. It is OK to spend slightly less than that if you have the perfect thing which costs $38.95, or whatever. But it is not OK to Grinch your Santee by sending them a used paperback book and $8 of baseball cards.
The only truly universal gifts are love and money. For everything else, it's best to consider whether your amazing gift idea would actually be delightful to your Santee. Many people like to leave their options wide open and you can feel free to send whatever you like to them. Others have a more focused domain of Trad Gaming they enjoy, and it's best to try and fit your present into that domain if you can.
If you get stuck on gift ideas, send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com and I will help you out. I can ask your Santee questions while preserving the fog of war, and I also am full of great ideas for the difficult-to-shop-for.

Also, you must check with me (so I can check with your Santee) before sending food or alcoholic beverages to your Santee.

Sometimes you have a thing that you already own that you want to send, that's OK too, just try and figure out what that thing would be worth, roughly (in its present used condition of course), and make sure your giftee is delighted by your largesse instead of saddened by your cheapness.

Regarding handmade gifts:
A lot of us really enjoy the personal touch of a handmade gift, so this might be a great idea. But there are hazards. If you haven't already made your gift, be sure you'll have plenty of time. The estimate of value of the thing you made isn't “what I'd probably sell it for if I sold this,” it's “what my giftee would probably pay for it if they bought it from anyone else.” For example, it takes a huge amount of time to knit a pair of socks; but socks are still only worth a couple dollars to most people, even if you sell your handmade socks for $25. If your giftee asked for a Dice Pouch, it's likely they're thinking of a typical dice pouch which usually costs like ten or fifteen bucks. So if you make one yourself, maybe you better fill it with some cool dice as well? Use your best judgment and run your plans past me if you have any doubt.

Regarding ebooks and Print-On-Demand services. PDFs and eBook versions of gaming products and POD services are not universally loved. I'd like you to please be certain that your giftee loves them before you send one. Check their post and if they don't mention it, contact me and I can confirm with them whether an ebook or printed-on-demand book is a wonderful or horrible thing. We need to confirm your e-delivery was e-delivered promptly because your Santee probably isn't expecting it. DTRPG has hosed up someone's order more than once, for example, so seriously: DTRPG and other e-delivered gifts require special attention and handling.

6. Send a gift to your Santee in a timely manner
Every shipping company is heavily impacted by the holiday shopping season. The sooner you get something shipped, the less likely it is to be delayed. Retailers may also run out of stock. In today's heavily-impacted logistics hellworld, shipping is especailly turbofucked. If you procrastinate and delay, you are still on the hook for on-time delivery, and that will mean having to select a more expensive shipping option. It's OK to take a few days or even a couple weeks if you need it to get your awesome present together, but keep your eye on the calendar and don't screw yourself over by waiting too long! If you can't afford like $100 for next-day shipping the last week before Christmas, then don't procrastinate!

If you purchase a gift online, please confirm with the retailer that the item is actually in stock. Check and make sure it's shipped, not just “ordered.” Get a tracking number and check it every day. You can send me your tracking number if you want, but it's up to you to monitor it and see that your gift got delivered. I can't monitor 100 tracking numbers. Let me know right away if there's a problem or delay.

If a gift receipt is an option, please get one. I know it's not always available, but it's best to make sure that if your Santee already has one of what you got him or her, he can return the new thing and/or exchange it for something else that is great. This isn't a rule, just a preference.

POST INDICATING YOUR PRESENT HAS BEEN MAILED BY NO LATER THAN THURSDAY, DECEMBER 15th, 2022. Your gift has to be delivered by Monday, December 19th. To help meet that deadline, I am asking that all gifts be mailed by December 15th. Keep in mind that three days for delivery is quite unlikely unless you paid a lot for next-day delivery.
If you have some genuine excuse like “I am trapped in a blizzard” or “my house burned down and I can't afford a stamp” or “the vendor promised to mail it but I have discovered they were filthy liars,” that's OK, come post about it in the thread or send me an e-mail or ask your Red Cross coordinator at the disaster relief shelter to send me an e-mail. In this modern world there are very few legit excuses for being unable to communicate for several weeks. And you can avoid this altogether by just shipping a gift within a few days of getting your Santee assignment.
Military goons: if you might possibly be deployed, you should let me know in advance, and also maybe ask a friend or family member in advance to arrange to ship something if you haven't done so in time, and to at least email me when your gift arrives. Being deployed is not an acceptable excuse for failing to get a gift to your Santee or going AWOL on communications from me. If you can't deal with this amount of contingency planning, you should not participate.
Overseas shippers: if you are shipping something overseas, realistically you should give it at least three weeks for shipping! Strongly consider ordering something from a vendor in your target country to avoid long shipping times and the uncertainty of customs.

7. Post in the thread when you receive a gift
You can open it right away or you can wait till your preferred present-opening moment and open it then. Regardless, you need to post in the thread as soon as your gift has arrived. If you get a box and you're not sure if it's your Secret Santa gift, then you need to open it and find out. If you are a double or triple-gifter, you need to open the gift immediately when it arrives so we know which Santa's gift you got.
This way your anxious Santa knows you got your present, and I can register that they have fulfilled their duty by putting a symbol into a box on a spreadsheet, which I loving love doing, you don't even know. Please don't blow this off. Every year a few people dutifully send their gifts, and then disappear from the thread, and we are left with no easy way to confirm that they also received what they were supposed to. That's not being a Grinch, but it is a source of anxiety for your Santa and for me and that's not very nice.

8. Post what you got!
Whenever you get around to opening your gift, please let us know what you got. Take a picture! You should also say thank you and describe your joy. Half the fun of giving a gift is experiencing your Santee's pleasure. THIS IS AN ACTUAL RULE, NOT JUST A SUGGESTION. Saying “thank you” is the socially expected response to a gift, OK?. Some participants never bother and that's rude.

9. If you got a lovely gift, or didn't get a gift, send me an email immediately.
Email me at tgsecretsanta@gmail.com if you get something lousy. That doesn't just mean you got a nice approximately $40 thing that you didn't especially want: unless you specifically said “I don't want RPGs” you can't really complain that you got an RPG. But, you do need to let me know if your Santa has not lived up to the spirit and intent of the rules, OR – and this has actually happened – if your Santa was victimized by a shady retailer who has ripped both you and your Santa off.

10. Please stick around in the thread until a week or two into January, or until I close the thread, whichever comes first
There are usually last-minute hiccups and if someone gets Grinched, I'll be asking for volunteer de-grinchers. This is likely to happen in January, if it happens. Even if you don't want to be a de-Grincher, you can still participate in the tarring and feathering, and that's not something to miss out on. Plus people sometimes get stuff a little late, like when they go back home from their holiday travel or whatever, and it sucks when they have nobody to share their fun with when they open their gift.

Disclaimers
This is the fine print. Nobody told me to put it here, but I'm anal about these kinds of things.

Participation in this event is voluntary. I am not employed by Something Awful LLC, Jeffery of YOSPOS, or any of its affiliates, sponsors, advertisers, subsidiaries, associates, officers, enlisted men, serfs, or holdings (hereafter referred to collectively as SA). My volunteer position as a moderator does not in any way imply or bind SA or myself in a legal way to any kind of responsibility or accontability for what happens with secret santa gift exchanges conducted on the forums. This event is in no way endorsed or sponsored by SA. If you get ripped off by another goon, neither SA, nor I, can promise you relief. Nobody's insurance is covering this. Any supportive or punitive action taken by SA or its moderators or administrators, including stickying threads and punishing bad goons, is purely voluntary and ad-hoc and is not a promise or representation that SA is actually responsible or required to take such action, nor a promise or representation that it will act in a similar manner in the future, present, or past. There is no gold fringe on our flag and we decline to create joinder. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.

I promise to take reasonable and prudent steps to keep your personal information confidential. It is secured by the use of a reasonably obscure password on the tgsecretsanta@gmail.com gmail account. I also copy some of your personal information, including your real name and email address, to my Spreadsheet of Cheer which is stored on a reasonably secure computer behind a firewall. Participation requires that I send your personal information to another person, and I cannot ensure that that person will do the right thing and keep your info private. I also cannot guarantee that my email account or computer is impervious to being hacked or compromised. Obviously anyone who shares or abuses your private information is an rear end in a top hat and if I find out he or she did that and can confirm it then they goes right on the poo poo list immediately and forever, and I will also ban the poo poo out of them and recommend the admins permaban them. But you must agree not to hold me or SA financially, legally, ethically, or spiritually responsible if that happens. Any further relief you seek will be between you and the rear end in a top hat and your respective lawyers, basically. Participating means you agree to these rules.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Nov 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, I should have processed everyone's emails, if you sent me an email and didn't get a reply, let me know here!

I haven't got a signup email from Benedict yet.

Please feel free to mention TGSS in threads you frequent, but we need to avoid spamming so if someone's already mentioned it, you don't need to link it twice. Thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

Trying to figure if I can do Secret Santa this year. Literally moving right as gifts are supposed to arrive (or at least the plan). I will update.

No problem. Maybe you can designate a friend or family member who can receive a gift for you?

by.a.teammate posted:

Hopefully I'm not too late!

We've only just got started, you're not too late! Check the dates in the OP.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

This is my first time with the Secret Santa. Is it considered OK form to have the gift mailed/delivered from the company ordered from?

If that is OK, this might be a good time to remind the thread that the pound is at a very low value compared to the dollar. I have been getting Warhammer stuff from the UK for up to 40% discounts, even after shipping figured in. Without shipping some of the discounts would be 50-60% over MSRP.

Not only is it OK to have the vendor ship directly to your Santee, I encourage it! Saves a lot of time and a lot of money on postage. Good call on those discounts, although of course overseas shipping can be quite slow, so check delivery times carefully if you decide to e.g. order something from a UK vendor for delivery to the US.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

An anonymous goon has kindly offered to sponsor a fellow TGer who can't afford to buy a gift this year. Basically, if you want to participate but the $40+ shipping is beyond your budget, this goon will buy your Santee's gift for you, so you don't have to. You'd receive a gift from a Santa as usual.

If you want to accept this donation, you need to contact me directly. You can post too if you like, but this doesn't have to be a public act of accepting charity if you'd rather not post about your poverty or whatever.

I'm also not going to give an anonymous goon someone's real life name and address without getting permission first, so don't worry, I'll check before doing something like that, and it may be that I act as a proxy instead or something.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

I will pledge to ungrinch someone should the unthinkable happen. I don’t plan to participate otherwise, but I will answer the call should someone go giftless. Leperflesh, PM me should I be needed in this context.

e: obviously I will make no mention of it should I be called to action. Just trying to make sure everyone gets something.

Thanks! I'll just say, we haven't needed an actual de-grincher in several years. But I appreciate your willingness to step in!

Benedict posted:

mail app mangled your address, should be on its way now.

We're all set now, thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Obviously I haven't done assignments yet and won't for another week but folks should bookmark the boardgame deals thread over in Coupons, it's a good source for random deals on boardgames!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice nice nice, we've got 25 people signed up to exchange 30 gifts now!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

In the main round for 2021 we had 42 goons, 45 gift exchanges.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK Today is the big day! I'll do assignments fairly late in the day, my time (I'm in California) just due to other business I'm up to today, and also to let any last minute crew get on board. This is gonna be a smaller pool than usual with mostly long-term participants which may mean I'll have to assign someone to a santa or santee that they've previously had. I do my best to avoid that but it's a little silly to force someone to ship internationally just to avoid it, so I prioritize on shipping preference first.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Assignment emails have all been sent!
Please check your inbox, and let me know right away if you didn't get an assignment. The subject line is fwd: <whatever your Santee used to sign up> so it could be odd!

Lightning Bonus Round 1 starts now!

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!

Lightning bonus rounds are how you take part in the Trad Games Secret Santa thing after the deadline for the main round is passed. It's also how you can be greedy and exchange more than one present with your fellow goons!

Beginning today (November 28th), and continuing until no later than December 15th, we will have a series of one or more extra bonus rounds and YOU can participate. The LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS work a lot like the main round. All of the rules apply except for the deadline for application. Re-read the rules in the OP just in case you forgot them.

OK so to sign up I post in the thread and send you an email?
Correct. You must do this even if you participated in the main round. Post in the thread. If you already participated in the main round you can link to your original post or just quote it to show your gift preferences. You must send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com as well; if you already sent one this year I don't need your address again, but I do need another email regardless. My response to that email is your only confirmation that you've successfully signed up.

What then?
I will end each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND according to whichever of the following things happens first:
  • 8 people sign up
  • 7 days have passed and at least 3 people signed up
  • We reach December 15th

Once each round closes I'll randomize the participants in the round and you all exchange gifts. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And of course the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins.

What about international shipping? :ohdear:
You can still tell me you prefer not to ship internationally – if it's impossible for you, let me know and I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen. But if you live outside the US it's probably required to ship internationally. Bear in mind that you can always buy something online from a store that operates in your target country and thereby avoid expensive shipping costs. (You might have to pay a currency exchange fee but that is typically much less money.) If I get a pool that contains nobody else in your country and you said no thanks to international, I will contact you to check if you'd rather take a pass, before I do the matchings.

It's better though if LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND participants can all ship internationally or at least to the US. Remember, you can always just order something online from the destination country: you usually just need a credit card.

So then what's the shipping deadline?
Of course, as we close in on Christmas day, you will have less and less time in which to accomplish purchase, shipping, and delivery. You'll have to pick an appropriate delivery option and be certain whatever you're buying is either in your hands, or definitely in stock at the retailer of your choice. You are still supposed to ship your item absolutely no later than December 15th AND get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee by December 19th! This is part of the challenge! But it probably means that you won't have time to make a hand-made gift or wait for something that is out of stock to get restocked. Strongly consider ordering online from a major retailer with a strong reputation for shipping things immediately.

Will I get matched with someone I've gifted or been gifted by before?
Possibly. For the main round I do my absolute best to avoid this. But with limited goons, it's possible that the only way to be polite to the no-international-please people is to match you with someone you've gifted before. As always, you can give me a list of your mortal enemies and I won't match you with someone you despise.

ROUND ONE BEGINS NOW GO!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm sure it'll be fine.

I've replied to all the early email questions and such, and our four bonus round signup folks also have confirmation emails out. Thanks everyone! I always love how a bunch of TGSS folks are quick to get gifts fired out.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Wow, what are the odds of that! That bag is super cool though. I wouldn't mind owning three.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Based on my notes, I think that is package 1/2 for each of you two, e.g. expect another. I think.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

And because I just realized it, and quote is not edit...

Cheer is in the Mail! I will be sending the tracking info to the boss so he can pass it on to my santee if wanted :)

so if I forward someone some tracking info in the next hour, they'll know who their santa is...

...UNLESS several OTHER People send me tracking info to forward, in the next hour!!!

actually I'm about to take apart my computer so this is probably gonna be delayed a bit. I'm doing major computer surgery, wish me luck

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

lol

I'll collect some tracking info emails and then send them all tomorrow or something

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok I forwarded several tracking numbers to people and caught up on emails.

We've got 7 signups over the last week for the first bonus round, I'll try and get that fired off later tonight depending on whether time allows.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Uh oh, are the Horus Heresy books water damaged? We can probably get them replaced or something if so!

Folks I was gonna fire off the lightning bonus round tonight but I was distracted and ran out of time. I'll do it tomorrow for sure!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berenzen posted:

Gifts of cheer and fun arrived in the mail today. These are awesome, thank you Santa!

Interesting! I don't have a post from your Santa saying they sent anything. Maybe they missed the bold, block caps text in Step 6! That's OK thought, this is the important bit!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Lightning Bonus round 1 assignment emails are out!

LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 2 BEGINS NOW!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Per the boardgame thread in Coupons & Deals, Agricola revised edition is $35 on Amazon right now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Loxbourne posted:

Hark! The postman's knock!

It's a large box, covered in a protective polymer husk.

Within...a BIG box of terrain, wow!

And also a free voucher for £75 of wine, which is a curious choice of promotion for a gaming store. Maybe they think geeks will need to buy last-minute gifts for wives and girlfriends.

Wow! That's seriously generous! Thanks, Santa!

Can the Santa that sent this speak up, or ping me, so I can mark which of Loxbourne's two santas is now done? Thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

No problem! Thanks! and good job

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

There was a big heavy box on my doorstep today and inside I found not one but TWO NEW GAMES and a holiday note from my Secret Santa!

I was just recently lamenting that I did not have my own copy of Coup, and I have heard many good things about Mysterium so wonderful choices!

I believe this may be your lightning bonus round gift, because I had you down as already received for your main round gift. If that's incorrect, your Santa could please let me know.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah my wife basically won't play most board games, but she owns our copy of Mysterium, got the expansions, and that's what we play when she wants to play games. It's a fantastic co-op that people can pick up pretty quickly.

TY jassi!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes. Excellent. Love that poo poo.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

golden bubble posted:

I've been a bit busy but I've got some time now. Sign me up for Lightning Round 2!

Hi golden bubble. I haven't received a signup email from you yet. Could you check and make sure you've sent an email with the signup info in the OP, to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup got it and you're all set!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I have six goons signed up for bonus round 2, which I'll be firing off tonight. Last chance for anyone else to get in; this is probably the final round, because we're just about out of time for bonus rounds!

In particular it'd be nice to get one more participant who is happy to ship or shop internationally for this round. Not required, but it'd make things slightly easier.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, bonus round 2 assignments are all sent out, and thanks to everyone who signed up! As mentioned earlier, I think that's gonna be it for bonus rounds this year, since it's already the 12th.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

I recieved half of my lightning round gift which would have been sufficient on its own but apparently it's package 1/2.

What did you get?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ooh

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The hand tooling on that chaos star is pretty nice. I think you must have been doing a fair bit of leatherwork before. I'm impressed!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Loxbourne posted:

While I'm here, my own Santa #1 seems to have vanished off the forums. He hasn't posted in weeks. The delivery tracker says his gift was delivered. I hope he checks in.

I'm checking in, we'll figure out what's up shortly!

GreenBuckanneer posted:

LR2 was delivered two days ago, I can only assume they liked the gift :frogbon:

Could be! It's a busy time of the year, so I usually give people several days to check in before I get real worried.

thegodofchuck posted:

Thanks mystery Santa!

This could be from a main round or a LR round santa so I'll need verification from the appropriate santa please!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK! Today, the 19th, is just about over in my time zone. This was the deadline for deliveries of presents. We've done really well!

According to my notes, almost everyone got presents.
  • Rid, who is in The Netherlands, has presents still in transit. They were delayed probably due to the UK postal strike.
  • Three Bonus Round 2 santees, GreenBuckanneer, ibntumart, and thegodofchuck, haven't gotten anything yet, but all three have stuff in transit as of today.
  • Four main round Santees got something but have at least one additional gift in transit
  • One bonus round 1 Santee received something but has one additional gift in transit
  • Two bonus round 2 Santees received something but have additional gifts in transit

All told that's not bad. We have a total of 49 gift exchanges between about 28 goons for this year and we're at like 90% done. Please stick around in the thread as these last few gifts arrive, it's nice to have an audience for folks when they get to post about what they got!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yes! Thanks everyone for being awesome and I hope you're having a great time today. My family just drove off, it's been very stressful but we all had a good time for once, so that's really nice. Gonna go get plastered on spiked eggnog :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I hope everyone had a great xmas. We still have a handful of gifts out there in the astral plane, waiting to materialize on doorsteps. I'll keep this thread going for a while, but I'm going to go ahead and unsticky it now so if you were using that to keep an eye on the thread, now would be the time to bookmark it instead!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Aww, thank you everyone. It's genuinely my pleasure.

There's still like, 4 gifts in the air! Or wherever.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I really love to see folks getting to use their secret santa gifts right away! That rules. It looks like your kid is having a blast.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Oh whew I'm glad those got to where they were supposed to go! Thanks for following up, golden bubble.

Here's what my sheet still shows - Santas, please let me know if I've got anything wrong!

Main round
thegodofchuck: 3/4 received, with 1 item shipped (delivered?) to your 3rd Santee?
DressCodeBlue: 1/2 received, 1 still coming for each of your two Santees?
Rhjamiz: received, but didn't get a chance to post what you got.

Bonus round 1:
DigitalRaven: 1/2 received, is one still coming to your santee?

Bonus round 2:
NTRabbit, 2/3, one item per our email discussion with you & your Santee to be figured out still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

DigitalRaven posted:

Both parts arrived, so there's nothing more to come...

Great! Undoubtedly I just missed a sheet update, thanks.

thegodofchuck posted:

All items received for Santee #3 except 1 (assuming still in transit, tracking not updated since 12/13)*

*states to contact if not there by 01/22, so just twiddling thumbs for now

Understood!

Rhjamiz posted:

I'll be posting this eve after work. Exhausted from holiday obligations and work lol

Thanks! I hope you can get some rest soon.