Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Deck the halls with mounds of meeples, fa la la la la la la la la!

Gift Preferences:

Hex and counter wargames - they're an absolute pain in the rear end to find around me so I'd love some if possible. Historical or sci-fi in nature, I've no interest in modern era combat stuff. Would prefer pre-WW2 or if WW2 is your only option then something based around the Pacific threatre. Solo suitability a massive plus (you can play wargames with other people!?) but not by any means a dealbreaker. Literally the only hex and counter game I own is Ogre Pocket Edition (and I guess Battletech if you play with counters) so literally any other game is a win here.

Solo boardgames - I already own Friday, Nemo's War, Under Falling Skies and enjoy them all quite a bit. Always happy to try other solo board games but would prefer to avoid roll and writes or anything not specifically designed for solo play / where solo play is an afterthought.

Adventure gamebooks / puzzle books - I hear there has been a revival of game books here and there but haven't had a chance to check any out myself. Similarly any of the big interlinking puzzle/mystery books that have been published recently would be cool.

Mechanical puzzles - I'm endlessly fascinated with physical puzzles (like for example, the Hanayama cast puzzle range) despite being quite bad at them. Please no Hanayama stuff, despite them being my example, but if you know of any other cool mechanical puzzles I would love to receive one.

Dungeon Crawl Classics dice sets - they use some uncommon Zocchi dice in their mix, notably, D5, D6, D7, D14, D16, D24 and D30. So either just some of the uncommon dice on their own so I can mix them with more standard d20 sets or some DDC specific dice sets would be great.

General Location: Australia

Solemn Vow:

I am not now, nor have ever been, a member of the Grinch Party.

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I have deployed a parcel of Christmas joy with express postage!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Comstar posted:

Something got delivered to me. I will find out what is later today.

It arrived!

Thank you Goonsir! At some point these Italians will be vainly defending Bardia against the 6th Australian Division that an uncle was a member of. Getting an entire platoon of infantry can go with my (captured) Italian Tanks - I just need some artillery and transport next for Bolt Action. I should build some bunkers for them too.

The City of Thieves is a classic Fighting Fantasy. Quite hard in that if you miss one single entry it's the end of the adventure.

Thank you, Goonsir!

Hey, super glad you liked them! Funnily enough both of these gifts are Christmas miracles in that both places I got them from swore blind they did not have anything matching what I was asking for until I managed to find them buried in the back of some shelving :v:

Definitely post some pics in the Historical thread when you've got your stuff painted up, I'd love to see the final results!

Merry Christmas.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A parcel of unknown origin has arrived at my apartment.

I'll open it up tonight!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

A parcel of festive cheer has arrived!

The true Christmas gift - knowing I'm not insane and that it really is a pain in the rear end to find hex games for everyone else in Aus.

My awesome goon santa emailed through two print and play games:
I've heard really great things about Hollandspiele's solo games, I had no idea they were available to print and play! This one will definitely be getting printed and assembled in the coming days.

This was also a very spot-on selection and I'm looking forward to trying it out!

The contents of the parcel - Journal 29 is a puzzle book where you work through a narrative by solving a series of puzzles. Solving a puzzle will give you a 'key' that is used in future puzzles. It feels very similar to escape-room-in-a-box style stuff like Exit or Unlocked but contained in a book. Looking forward to diving into this with my wife as we've both got some time off over Christmas.

Thank you very much, goon santa!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Gaghskull posted:

I have no idea how the postal worker made it to my mailbox yesterday, but he delivered the most unexpected secret santa gift I have ever received.

I will have this displayed proudly at FNM tonight! HAKKIYOI!

This is incredibly cool!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Thanks as always for organising this, Leperflesh!