Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Gift Preferences
1) Literally anything. I'm a "thought that counts" person, so if you think something is cool I will think it's cool that you think it's cool, so I will think it's cool. You'd have to intentionally be lovely for me to not like your gift. You can stop reading here, unless you need restrictions to breed creativity, like a haiku.

2) Old school and/or obscure things. Did you find some black and white zine RPG based on the Boer War behind a dusty shelf in an abandoned antiques store? Send me that poo poo. Those 1970s/1980s Avalon Hill board games with fold out paper maps and cardboard chits? Hell yeah (except Bull Run and Empires in Arms, I got those already)!

3) Hand made stuff. this really ties into the "thought that counts" and "unusual/unique" the previous two points embrace.

4) Anything Dune related. I have the core rulebook for the Modiphius 2D20 game, the "main" Dune boardgame (and its expansions), and Dune Imperium (and its expansions). Anything else (other games, merch, nick knacks, etc.) is welcome.

5) Co-op board games and/or board games with a solo mode.

Solemn Vow
I've gifted multiple times the last couple years and never Grinched once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I thought of the perfect gift for my Santee, but it doesn't seem to exist. Does anybody have reality warping powers?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Cheer ordered! My gift came up slightly under the expected value, so I ordered a second thing. They're coming separately, but both should be there December 12-15. I typed that up so my santee would know to expect two packages, but I realize mid-post that my santee doesn't know who they are so it's entirely worthless. I could have just deleted it, but instead I'll type way more stuff pointlessly explaining the situation.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

A nifty dice, minis, books, etc. storage device arrived at my home today! Thanks, anonymous gifter!

When I play D&D I use D&D Beyond on my tablet. The last few months I had actually been using the digital dice, but had been thinking of switching back to physical dice, so this is perfect timing.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Per the boardgame thread in Coupons & Deals, Agricola revised edition is $35 on Amazon right now.

Unfortunately somebody raised the minimum gift value this year to $40, so this deal is too good.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I received shipping confirmation for one of the two packages to my Santee, confirming a 12/15 expected delivery.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That was from me!

You have another gift coming, but it was a custom-made one, so it was a bit delayed. I finally got notice this morning that a shipping label was created, so I'm hopeful you'll still get it in time. I'll post when they give an expected delivery date.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 16, 2022

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Expected delivery date for main gift is Tuesday the 20th!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

According to USPS tracking, Gaghskull's remaining gift should have been delivered yesterday.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That image of Tochi cropped so perfectly to a play mat's proportions that I couldn't resist. I hope the resolution was high enough that it turned out clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

yet another confusing CBT acronym.

Yeah, I was gonna comment but didn't want to tell on myself.