Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Since last round, I've gotten a promotion and an unexpected amount of job security, so I'm here to heckin' spoil some people this year. :getin:

Gift preferences

I'm mostly here for miniatures and TTRPGs and am not generally a fan of card or board games. My book collection has kind of gone nuts lately, so I'm in the process of setting up a BGG profile and will update this post with a link when I'm done.

Edit: Collection link. That covers most of what I either have or preordered a physical copy of. There was a bunch of 2020-2022 Kickstarter stuff missing from the site that I was too lazy to add for now, though.

For RPGs, I'm not picky and my local game group mostly plays 5e. I got into the hobby really late, so I'm also the perfect person to unload anything from the 2000s or earlier that you've hung on to, since I guarantee I will not have it. Anything vintage Planescape, Spelljammer, Dark Sun, or Forgotten Realms would be especially appreciated.

After being on the periphery of warhams for a while, I've been really getting into 40k lately. AdMech are by far my favorites now, but I still love Nurgle and skaven. The only GW minis I own are the current Nurglings, Ork Gretchin, and Lord of Blights (from Santa Benedict last year!). However, I'm seriously considering treating myself to the Council of The Death Lord box, so probably stay away from Death Guard lads.

Second edit: FLGS had the AoS Dominion box on turbo discount and I am weak.

For general minis, I'm honestly open to anything except Reaper (I have a ton) and most of the D&D Wizkids line. I've come around on plastic as a preferred material, but metal also works, especially for smaller minis. I have more standard paints than I'll probably ever use in a reasonable lifetime but will welcome any Contrast/Speed/whatever paints, Citadel washes, and whatever other washes and/or glazes you specifically stand by.

I super double plus appreciate weird printed miniatures and anything funky and handmade. Also, I'm mildly obsessed with illithids, and purple is objectively the best color.

General location

TX

Vow

Never will I grinch.

DressCodeBlue fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

All my Santees' presents have been ordered. Will make a pitstop to me first for wrapping and package consolidation, though.

Also! Santa #2 absolutely squidbombed me today with a package from Miniature Market:

Sorry I forgot to take a picture before demolishing the package on the vinyl figure.

It's probably my favorite licensed illithid merch ever and got a little too excited. The book of truly arcane knowledge was a nice touch. And holy poo poo they remembered how many fingers these losers are supposed to have.

Thank you so much, mystery Santa!

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Got a rad shirt in the mail today without a packing slip. If that was from a Santa, reveal yourself and I'll post a pic of it!

Edit: Never mind. It was from my mom. :3:

DressCodeBlue fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 7, 2022

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

A very orky box arrived today!

What could that mean?

Oi! Dat's a lot uv boyz! :eyepop:

Can't thank you enough, Bucnasti! These may end up looking sneaky.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

So: The Miniature Market order that had the bulk of my gifts for both santees finally shipped to me Friday but is now facing delays with UPS. To ensure that I keep my sacred vow, I've also dispatched some Bezos cheer to both with ETAs of Thursday and Friday.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

fwiw, Arrrthritis's squid bomb shipped from Miniature Market pretty immediately, so it varies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Can you reveal source for that dice cup? Because goddamn that's pretty. :stare:

thegodofchuck posted:

It was a two-package day!

First I received an absurdly large box from Amazon with a gift bag inside:

DressCodeBlue's "hold-you-over' gift!

It's a box! What's in the box???

It's a card organizer, thanks DCB!

I saw a pic of the box from delivery confirmation and was also confused about why it was so ridiculously lorge.

The half of your for-real gift I was still waiting on finally got here today, so hoping to ship it to you this weekend!