Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I mostly fell off playing Pokemon after Gold and Silver, playing a couple of the next games but not being able to get into them. This one rules though because I can just run around throwing stuff around

Grace on the other hand, has played like all of them and kept a "living pokedex" or something I forget it sounded weird though and he's a big nerd

Grace has beat this one, but I've only gotten up to the third area so I'm still fairly blind. Don't spoil anything even behind spoiler tags because I can't resist looking at them.

:siren:Episodes!:siren:

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 1 - Lightly Biased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

God drat it, Dan's gonna actually make me pay attention to Pokemon for once.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I should mention that Arceus really doesn't sound the way you think it does, he shows up in one of the Pokemon films and has a hilariously whiny voice.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Since you asked for it, here's a big ol' spoiler: Stufful is cute. and also in this game you catch pokemon.

This game was honestly the best pokemon experience I've had in a long time. Hope you enjoy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 2 - Two Childs

I've never seen this particular spawn before, but I'm very happy about it

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I've been on a Pokemon kick since the wave of bad fangame LPs, but that never extended to getting back into the games. Maybe I'll get into Violet soon.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I remember all the trailers and such, but I dint realize this was game was an isekai plot

its cute

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Pokemon Legends Arceus is great because you can harass the local wildlife by tossing spoiled food/mud/snowballs at them and then get murdered by a giant beaver.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Pyro Jack posted:

Pokemon Legends Arceus is great because you can harass the local wildlife by tossing spoiled food/mud/snowballs at them and then get murdered by a giant beaver.

Finally, a realistic depiction of what would happen if a small child would be running around alone in nature!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 3 - Self Care

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 4 - I Hate This Sound

Look the last game I played in depth is Gold okay I'm not used to your newfangled QoL features

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 5 - Thinking About Apples

Honestly, I can kinda relate to Bidoof

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 20, 2022

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
we all relate to bidoof

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 6 - Just The Sunlight

I don't know poo poo about shinies, that's entirely Grace's wheelhouse

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

You'd know if there was a shiny nearby, a chime noise sounds.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

lovely boys obtained, hooray

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Babies! Oh, they're both just too previous. I love them.
Now you just need a full Eeveelution team and this LP will be perfection.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lynneth posted:

Babies! Oh, they're both just too previous. I love them.
Now you just need a full Eeveelution team and this LP will be perfection.

That's honestly how my playthroughs usually wind up, case in point here's a screenshot from my Scarlet playthrough

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1595994132727881728?t=3v8AbcSovM9XWLvULyxf2A&s=19

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
missing the important part of the S/V playthrough

https://twitter.com/DanaruLP/status/1595974451807793152

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
RIP that eevee.

Gives you space for Tinkaton at least

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 7 - What Do You Want

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've never really used Eevees on my teams, I just don't find the little guys very useful for my team composition.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

If you love the Eevee that's fine, it's a free country, I'm just saying that they don't have a place on my team, I walk with a team of champions, not mascots,

Tsareena is my favourite Pokemon, by the by.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

"And if that happens you'd lose the food and shelter we provide" haha joke's on you, fucko, we'd just go feral and become one with the pokemon, ready to eat you all.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

A Good Dog the Umbreon carried my entire playthrough of Legends Arceus. What a good boy.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
In any game where it's a thing I spend way too much time breeding for a shiny eevee to turn into an espeon, because it looks like a FF carbuncle :3:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Leraika posted:

In any game where it's a thing I spend way too much time breeding for a shiny eevee to turn into an espeon, because it looks like a FF carbuncle :3:

Look, Espeon is my #1 favorite Pokemon.

Shiny Espeon is a crime.

Imagine breeding a shiny Eevee and not evolving it into Umbreon or Sylveon...

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 8 - That's Nonsense

I swear I intend to do the story stuff, but I keep finding neat stuff to check out

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Danaru posted:

I swear I intend to do the story stuff, but I keep finding neat stuff to check out

Only do story stuff when you run out of pokemon to catch.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
There is no shame in spending 30 hours camping until you get a full team of eeveelutions :hai:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Slaan posted:

There is no shame in spending 30 hours camping until you get a full team of eeveelutions :hai:

And then the only reason to do story stuff is to get the the area where the rock is you need to evolve Eevee into Glaceon. :haibrower:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Geemer posted:

And then the only reason to do story stuff is to get the the area where the rock is you need to evolve Eevee into Glaceon. :haibrower:

:hmmyes:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Pokemon Arceus Episode 9 - Little Late On That One

This is the first episode we recorded after Scarlet and Violet came out, and boy do we have some hot takes about it it's pretty good

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

As a non-idiot I am posting in your thread. :holy:

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Super weird that she only had the glaceon with her. For me every battle against her had at least one rando eevee tagging along, too.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Why would I post when you are factually correct in asserting Sylveon is the best Eeveelution?

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Just Winging It posted:

Why would I post when you are factually correct in asserting Sylveon is the best Eeveelution?

What this man said

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

:haibrower:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

posting in the thread, as tacitly requested. I'm enjoying this LP, thank you.

Other than Let's Go, I haven't played any Pokemon games since emerald/sapphire. It's very cool to see them finally come out with the open(ish) world 3D Pokemon game that I've wanted ever since playing Pokemon Snap like 20+ years ago. I'm not a huge fan of the XP for catching Pokemon thing, but it seems better balanced with battling and stuff than it was in Let's Go.