Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spit it out or Swallow your gum?
Spit it out!
Swallow it!
Stick it behind your ear for later!
GOKU GUM SMASH!
View Results

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Most likely when you were a kid your parents were very adamant on you not swallowing. Very insistent that you spit it out and your parents maybe even have told you that it would stay in your stomach for 7 years or other such nonsense.

But really what is the actual harm to swallowing your gum instead of spitting it out somewhere? Spitting it out often leads to incredibly nastiness with gum left in all sorts of places instead of just being digested and poo poo out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:chloe:

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Gum is only harmful if you're too eager and accidentally swallow a soggy cigarette butt instead of that sweet pavement chew.

Remember, fellow gum scavengers: Inspect before you ingest!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
chewing cum or bubble cum? swallow

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Where's the choke button...

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Gum is made of rubber and not biodegradable

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Das Boo posted:

Where's the choke button...

back of the throat

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
PISS!!! PISS!!! PISS!!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you swallow bubblegum you can later blow it out your rear end

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*plastic man enters thread*

I've been swallowing my gums for years with no detrimental effects

*turns body into giant umbrella and flies of by opening and closing the umbrella repeatedly, also pinching nose painfully every time the umbrella is collapsed*

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i used to stick my gum under the table. i stopped chewing gum awhile ago, and i wouldn't stick it under the table now because some poor underpaid and over-yelled-at nerd is going to have to scrap it off, but during my gum chewing career i learned nearly every table, chair, or bench in a public space usually already had a bunch of gum stuck to it.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

My folks told me that if I made a face amd the wind changed my face would be stuck like that forever. Who knows what else those loving lying piece of poo poo bastards made up

Also, swallow :wink:

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Been a long minute since anyone's swallowed my gum :(

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
There once was a maiden from Stoneberry Hollow
She didn't talk but she could sure swallow

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
When I was a kid I wanted to see what would happen if I chewed the whole roll of Bubble Tape at once. Well it turns out the resulting blob was too big for my mouth and then I leaned over the trash can and made a "blough" sound and it just landed in there like a big gooey purple rock made of broken dreams.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
My parents viewed chewing gum as bourgeois decadence and i couldn't have any

Had my first on my 18th birthday. Spat it out immediately because it was indeed bourgeois decadence. Mom and dad were pretty smart.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

It will grow into a gumtree in your belly if you swallow it, OP

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

CPL593H posted:

When I was a kid I wanted to see what would happen if I chewed the whole roll of Bubble Tape at once. Well it turns out the resulting blob was too big for my mouth and then I leaned over the trash can and made a "blough" sound and it just landed in there like a big gooey purple rock made of broken dreams.

I hope your blowjob game as an adult is better than this.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

:goonsay:
:goku::goku:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Don’t swallow gum and eat chili dogs.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

"Spitters are quitters." - Socrates

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I love big titties!

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

BigBadSteve posted:

I hope your blowjob game as an adult is better than this.

Fortunately it is.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
it's time to chew rear end and kick bubblegum and I'm all outta gum

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
We have a "No Gum policy" at our school. I used to have a huge jar on my desk, and when a kid was caught with gum, I'd make them spit it out into the jar. By the end of the year it would be getting full and pretty gross. Finally one student asked me why I was saving all the gum. Without hesitation I said: "I recycle it!"

Student: "You... recycle it?"

Me: "Yep! Sell it back to the gum manufacturers! Gum is basically plastic with sugar and flavoring added. I sell it back to them, they wash it, melt it down again, add more sugar and flavor, re-form it into sticks and sell it again."

Student: "They recycle gum????"

Me: "Yeah! Back in my day gum was usually white or light gray. Over the years they have had to add coloring agents, because so much of the gum is coming back stained after being recycled over and over. Still chewy, just discolored. Bubble gum has always been pink, so they can separate those pieces out because bubble gum has more rubber than plastic in it."

Student: "..."

To back up my claim, I went so far as to come up with a concept for a video I would post on YouTube. It would be a 1960s-era industrial film titled "Chewing Gum Recycling: A Food Industry Success Story". I had the concept, and part of a script and storyboards when COVID hit and I sort of lost interest, due to a lack of resources and time.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Genesplicer posted:

We have a "No Gum policy" at our school. I used to have a huge jar on my desk, and when a kid was caught with gum, I'd make them spit it out into the jar. By the end of the year it would be getting full and pretty gross. Finally one student asked me why I was saving all the gum. Without hesitation I said: "I recycle it!"

Student: "You... recycle it?"

Me: "Yep! Sell it back to the gum manufacturers! Gum is basically plastic with sugar and flavoring added. I sell it back to them, they wash it, melt it down again, add more sugar and flavor, re-form it into sticks and sell it again."

Student: "They recycle gum????"

Me: "Yeah! Back in my day gum was usually white or light gray. Over the years they have had to add coloring agents, because so much of the gum is coming back stained after being recycled over and over. Still chewy, just discolored. Bubble gum has always been pink, so they can separate those pieces out because bubble gum has more rubber than plastic in it."

Student: "..."

To back up my claim, I went so far as to come up with a concept for a video I would post on YouTube. It would be a 1960s-era industrial film titled "Chewing Gum Recycling: A Food Industry Success Story". I had the concept, and part of a script and storyboards when COVID hit and I sort of lost interest, due to a lack of resources and time.

You are a treasure, old man!

I feel like a typical student would be skeptical at first, but your details certainly add verisimilitude to the conceit, so I could see kids asking their parents about it and parents being very confused, possibly even doubting themselves.

E. There should be more harmless lies in the world

Mr Giant Man
Apr 26, 2005
Party time in Giant Land
A buddy of mine said he ate a whole bunch of gum in one sitting and later poo poo out a log of pure gum.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

A Strange Aeon posted:

You are a treasure, old man!

I feel like a typical student would be skeptical at first, but your details certainly add verisimilitude to the conceit, so I could see kids asking their parents about it and parents being very confused, possibly even doubting themselves.

E. There should be more harmless lies in the world

That's why I wanted to make the video. When some kid called me on my claim, I could point them to the "old" video and use it to back me up.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
"and because it's on YouTube, it must be true".

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

My partner and I generally spit our gum into a tissue bound for the trash can after a long jawing session. We plan on using the foil wrappers for household fuse repair.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Juicy Fruit gum is rated for 2 amps. Just a tip from me to you.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
My dad always used to say “never chew a wad of gum bigger than your butthole”

Words to live by

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
thought this thread was going to be about when you snort and get a big booger down from your nose into your mouth and have to decide whether to swallow it or spit it out. answer is the same though (put it behind ear)

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

My partner and I generally spit our gum into a tissue bound for the trash can after a long jawing session. We plan on using the foil wrappers for household fuse repair.

Wierd, we eat the foil and use the gum to fix leaking pipes

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Swallowing gum feels really weird though. Like I felt like I could feel it going in my stomach somehow whenever I did it.
The real answer is to put it under your bed post overnight and just keep chewing the same flavorless wad every day. Then you don't have to worry about ever disposing of it!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Use it for a condom.

Bazooka Joe is best for this.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Dixville posted:

Swallowing gum feels really weird though. Like I felt like I could feel it going in my stomach somehow whenever I did it.
The real answer is to put it under your bed post overnight and just keep chewing the same flavorless wad every day. Then you don't have to worry about ever disposing of it!

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

It's true there's a song about it and everything