Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Antivehicular posted:

I'd appreciate some feedback on this piece, which is the same one I submitted to Thunderdome in August. The crit I got from that was basically "nice breezy little nothing," which is fair enough, but it doesn't give me much to go on. Is this worth revising to submit, or should I scrap it and go find 250 more words somewhere?

Anyway:

Wondering and Wishing

It is nice, but it reads like a thoughtful Tumblr post and I mean that in the very best way. I probably wouldn't submit it as flash fiction. I feel like it lacks a twist in it to be memorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

kaom posted:

I said I would post this so I’m doing it, although it’s way too rough and long. Thoughts much appreciated, although I expect them to be pretty high level lol.

Cradle to Cradle

I think this one suffers from not having a tight focus. It is only barely a story at already 40 words beyond the limit. It tries to answer the following questions:

1. Why does Susan want to be buried at the bottom of the ocean?
2. What is the bottom of the ocean like?
3. Who was Susan? (and why should we care)

It's trying to do too much.

There's an aside about the POV character that is pretty neat, but weakens the story's focus and is just unnecessary fat for the format.