Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Moving your body around and exerting lots of energy releases chemicals that feel really nice. You can go for a brisk walk in the park, or join a sports team and meet lots of new people who like to do the same thing while enjoying the spirit of competition. You could also dance to a song you like :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybcS7CP4Om0

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Happiness tip:
https://twitter.com/lu2000k/status/1592003534111019009

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Going to work and pooping for one hour is also nice

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

SorePotato posted:

Going to work and pooping for one hour is also nice

That's actually a sign of colon cancer

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
happiness tip: listen to Winds of Change by The Scorpions and think about your Father

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Big exercise is lying to you! You can get the same feel good chemicals by simply doing drugs. Notice how bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m "forgets" to mention going for a jog or joining a sports team requires you to buy expensive running shoes, athletic balls, etc. You gotta follow the money. The government doesn't want you to know about drugs.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Canny athletes combine drugs with physical exercise. They don't call it marching powder for nothing!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Karl Barks posted:

That's actually a sign of colon cancerhaving some reading materials

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Happiness Tip: Destroy your enemies

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Kill 'em with kindness

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpqtZvqwNuY

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

what, me happy?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
My favourite physical activity is to jerk off. It helps you feel good and helps with cardio vascular fitness.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

My favourite physical activity is to jerk off. It helps you feel good and helps with cardio vascular fitness.

Jacking off helps prevent prostate cancer, so shootin some goo should definitely be part of your wellness routine if you're a goo shooter

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Happiness Tip: purge your body of toxins, by any means necessary

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
everyone in the world should do yoga, tbh

i dont, but i should

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Listen to your gut! Your stomach contains a variety of good bacteria and enzymes you need to process and absorb nutrients from food. If it's telling you not to drink 10 beers every night while you post, consider abstaining or summing up every other night to give your belly a break!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Taste the rainbow! A varied diet containing foods of different colors and shapes can improve the quality of your poops, brain, and life!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Animal-Mother posted:

everyone in the world should do yoga, tbh

i dont, but i should

Yoga is a lot of fun :)

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

happiness tip - minding your own goddamned business feels good

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/weadhitter/status/1588559482438963200

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Karl Barks posted:

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
drop a bowling ball on your dick to feel good

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Karl Barks posted:

It's a sign of hanging out in my own little room and listening to other dudes poo

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Just got out of the gym.

Thread title is objectively wrong.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Just finished work. Off to the gym. Feeling like a boy scout- physically fit, mentally something, and morally straight.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Just finished work. Off to the gym. Feeling like a boy scout- physically fit, mentally something, and morally straight.

Smythe posted:

drop a bowling ball on your dick to feel good

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NeatHeteroDude posted:

This is not a happiness tip

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Presto posted:

Just got out of the gym.

Thread title is objectively wrong.

You don't have to go to the gym if you don't want to. I love going to the gym, but you can also try bike riding or spinning in a circle to get your heart rate up :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Non Happiness Tip/Meta Thread Discussion: just feel like there should be some kind of tag we could use to mark post that aren't happiness tips in this thread. also, wondering where the other happiness tips went? not cool if they are being deleted, please fix this

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Ha, penis tip.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Ha, penis tip.

heres a tip: shut up scumbag

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

You don't have to go to the gym if you don't want to. I love going to the gym, but you can also try bike riding or spinning in a circle to get your heart rate up :)

I can get my heart rate up by reading posts about league of legends in the Games forum; why would I go to the gym?

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009

Shifty Nipples posted:

happiness tip - minding your own goddamned business feels good

Seconding this. It's dramatically more difficult to make others do things they don't want to than it already is for oneself. Even if you care about someone dearly and their (for an example relevant to my experience) physical activity and diet are seriously giving them health problems exacerbated by aging, there is little you can accomplish by trying to countermand opposing viewpoints on health they have.

Just appreciate the interactions you have with folks, and do kind things for them they actually appreciate. You'll have better interactions and will be better able to spend the time you have with said loved ones.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lumpentroll posted:

heres a tip: shut up scumbag

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

bedpan posted:

I can get my heart rate up by reading posts about league of legends in the Games forum; why would I go to the gym?

You don't need a loving gym

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL2ah56SlH8&t=33s

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

This is not a happiness tip

Whoops, I double posted instead of editing 😅

Don't forget, you only live once! In the coming weeks, consider taking a small risk for a massive reward. Now is the perfect time to see a musical, join an improv class, work with a personal trainer, or visit an old friend.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

thechosenone posted:

Seconding this. It's dramatically more difficult to make others do things they don't want to than it already is for oneself. Even if you care about someone dearly and their (for an example relevant to my experience) physical activity and diet are seriously giving them health problems exacerbated by aging, there is little you can accomplish by trying to countermand opposing viewpoints on health they have.

Just appreciate the interactions you have with folks, and do kind things for them they actually appreciate. You'll have better interactions and will be better able to spend the time you have with said loved ones.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

thechosenone posted:

This is an excellent tip. Some people aren't ready to make changes to their diet or lifestyle, and that's okay! Explain that you love them no matter how they look or what they like, and try to spend time doing things you both enjoy.

edit:

If you can't find a bowling ball or your dick is too small, a similar effect can be achieved by 30 minutes of High-Intensity Interval Training, otherwise known as HIIT! Set a timer for 30 seconds and engage in vigorous exercise until the timer goes off. Now you rest for 1-2 minutes. Switch back and forth during intervals until 30 minutes have passed! If you're just starting out, consider increasing your break time to 3 minutes or take a 4-minute break after every 10 minutes of work.

NeatHeteroDude has issued a correction as of 06:48 on Nov 18, 2022