Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I know all about it pal, I made a series of posts about "happiness tips" to transparently troll people on this subforum after doing the same thing in GBS in like 2015.

But now I actually like the sarcastic friendly vibe of these threads and think it's funny lol

thank u for ur service

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

McCracAttack posted:

Here ya go pal. This one's on me.

we help each other here

selec
Sep 6, 2003

one thing that has helped me was realizing that laying in bed before I sleep letting my anxiety toss awful scenarios at me was just my imagination working for a really lovely boss. so at first I started trying to redirect it to other things like what is the coolest dragon? or similar questions and eventually I started pondering the same large, pleasing topic every night, and this was a major source of relief for me. its basically just meditating I guess but rather than focusing on nothing Im focusing on small, pleasant mind palace poo poo.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Don't sign your posts, even if you hide it in the middle like some modern artist.

Presto posted:

Physical activity does not make you feel good. It makes you tired and sore. :colbert:

My friend, have you heard of masturbation? It might leave you tired and sore, but I can assure you it certainly feels good!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I know all about it pal, I made a series of posts about "happiness tips" to transparently troll people on this subforum after doing the same thing in GBS in like 2015.

But now I actually like the sarcastic friendly vibe of these threads and think it's funny lol

I'm enjoying NHD's power level going above 1000.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Weka posted:

Happiness tip: wake up and start drinking. It's quarter to eleven and I'm opening my second beer and I feel great!

i tried this happiness strategy several years ago and hoo boy i really cannot recommend it

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pdTxmmfn40

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Weka posted:

That's interesting. Has it always been that way?
I agree it is very annoying when people think their experience is universal.

As far as I can remember, yes. I've been depressed for a really, really long time though too so maybe that is complicating things.

I don't think about it much anymore and try not to get angry when someone tells me that I must be doing the activity "wrong" and/or lying.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Nov 21, 2022

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Whenever I feel blue I remember that The Aquabats transitioned from performing a mormon puppet show for toddlers to being a crime fighting ska band to being a crime fighting surf punk band to being the producers for a tv show for toddlers and it makes me smile knowing that when my career path implodes I can always find something new to do :)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

last night I dreamed that I was fighting a orangutan for control of a switchblade and nobody at the business conference was willing to assist and in retrospect I can't really blame them because that monkey was in it to loving win it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

anyway happiness is a matter of perspective or something, try sugary drinks