Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

im sending money to nazis right now... paying my freaking taxes!!!

that isn't how taxes work. maybe read some theory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!
apologizing for my annoying posts by writing an annoying 20-page manifesto listing all the reasons i post like a buffoon

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

the biggest thing i'm apologizing for is just cringey posts tbh. however, even those were in part taken out of context. like the "toes" post was a parody of something said by a liberal, wealthy voter, who just so happens to live within a few blocks of chris coons. weird how libs sexualize people!

I think that's what makes me the maddest. It's using you as a screen to cry that a woman didn't let herself get bullied and instead mocked the harassment. Apologizing for anything just makes it look like the pathological liar who donates to Nazis is right about something.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's just really important to remember we're talking about people who donated money to Nazis and then got mad that anyone would point out they made a mistake instead of just no longer sending money to Nazis.

plinkey was a nazi? :eyepop:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

apologizing for my annoying posts by writing an annoying 20-page manifesto listing all the reasons i post like a buffoon

not to be rude or inflammatory but i think if the great gazoo was here, he'd be calling you a dum-dum right now :smith:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
no it'd be you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

:gas:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

no it'd be you

ah ufck

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

i even semi-tolerated leon's posts in doomsday when i was reading it because they were occasionally fine, which is something i also think i should apologize for

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

Nichael posted:

i even semi-tolerated leon's posts in doomsday when i was reading it because they were occasionally fine, which is something i also think i should apologize for

when will you learn

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

croup coughfield posted:

go ahead

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

I hope you now understand why we need permanent revolution

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Cuttlefush posted:

when will you learn

i recall him posting something apolitical, and just generally informative, but i also don't remember what it was. maybe i imagined it while high in my sex cauldron

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
that's not the lesson!!!!!!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

fwiw i'm not part of any forum's clique and i genuinely think that the hornytoll/paypig thing, even if done ironically, is pretty creepy.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i was doing sexual harassment ironically you libs wouldnt understand

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

tristeham posted:

fwiw i'm not part of any forum's clique and i genuinely think that the hornytoll/paypig thing, even if done ironically, is pretty creepy.

i think that's fair criticism and is different than what was, in part, being said.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Campaign respectably like one of those rapists my grandma loves

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Nichael posted:

sort of serious post but I legit was only barely aware pyf existed in twelve years of using this website, because I only post about movies, games, tv shows, and failed leftist efforts. I don't know how any of these people are aware of me, especially with stuff from two years ago. I enjoy being made fun of but I only got annoyed when it crossed over into demonstrably untrue and unbacked accusations because it's a dangerous precedent to accept both personally and for this website.

in general, I don't pay attention to forum drama unless it's funny. I've never particularly engaged with the D&D feud unless it was a one-off joke post, and think pretty highly of everyone on this forum (c-spam and not c-spam). I feel bad people think so poorly of me but whatever.

as far as the 2020 campaign thread, as I said in the effort post in pyf, some cringey stuff was posted, but virtually everyone has a similar history of posting bad stuff off and on. I could've mitigated it in the moment, but I didn't. that was bad, and it's something to learn from.

leftist organizing efforts tend to require throwing everything you got at something, often for minimal results. the much maligned donation link they keep citing to was based off a joke the candidate and cms made, and it was my general directive from the campaign leadership (which I was a part of, but not the sole decision maker for) to do whatever I could to produce votes, volunteers, and donations. no one claimed to be harmed by any of this. even electorally, none of that mattered because the election came down to the perennial question for the left of "does the actual local community know we exist?" and the answer was basically no because COVID killed the primary way we were going to tackle that, making us dead in the water. even in retrospect, I have no idea how that outcome could have changed. if I could go back in time, I probably would have told her to hold off on running for that until 2024 or 2026, as the pandemic was basically insurmountable.

also, I think a lot of people from this forum now have a history of baseless accusations being thrown at them that cross the line from funny to hosed up harassment. this is the third time it's happened to me. first, wampalord and I were accused of being homophobic. then I was doxxed (to myself lmao) via email. now this. I wish I could say I think this'll change, but I don't, and on some level I accept it as a consequence of putting yourself out there. I also sincerely hope this pattern of behavior never truly harms anyone here, and I think Jeffrey and the admins should discuss ways of mitigating this, and take steps to do so. this forum, ironically, remains one of the last bastions of sensible communication on the internet, and I don't see anything down the road replacing it because social media has otherwise killed the medium.

your mistake was giving me a sixer once, now i am sworn to eternal vengeance

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Campaign respectably like one of those rapists my grandma loves
that's really unfair to the domestic abusers and the simple sociopaths who jsut do this out of love of the game (for loving over poor people)

Dreylad posted:

your mistake was giving me a sixer once, now i am sworn to eternal vengeance

i'm sorry sir

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!
if ur concerned about ur forums reputation just make a new account ezpz

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

if ur concerned about ur forums reputation just make a new account ezpz
what kind of losers are concerned over this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Nichael posted:

that's really unfair to the domestic abusers and the simple sociopaths who jsut do this out of love of the game (for loving over poor people)

i'm sorry sir

Chris Coons doesn't make anyone pay a horny toll. He shares his body freely unlike a capitalist who sees their own body as a commodity. Disgusting

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!

Nichael posted:

what kind of losers are concerned over this

gotta imagine its the dumbass writing an essay on his posting history

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Chris Coons doesn't make anyone pay a horny toll. He shares his body freely unlike a capitalist who sees their own body as a commodity. Disgusting

that non-Euclidean bussy making me bust like i'm M. C. Escher

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

tristeham posted:

ur part of the Glenn thread

also yes 100% agree with the 2nd part

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

it's a horny congress out there

madison cawthorn was not horny just once, and he's paying the not horny toll to this day

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

one day some guy with 2000 gang tags will point out the Glenn thread as an attempt to own you

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

gotta imagine its the dumbass writing an essay on his posting history

posts that cross over into real life accusations are something normal people with lives would care about, but i don't think you'd know this so i forgive you all the same

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!

Nichael posted:

posts that cross over into real life accusations are something normal people with lives would care about, but i don't think you'd know this so i forgive you all the same

you're right im not stupid enough to bring my real identity into the forums for everyone to see so i guess i cant relate

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

you're right im not stupid enough to bring my real identity into the forums for everyone to see so i guess i cant relate

:smith:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

imagine how many women he'd have been able to sexually harrass into running vanity campaigns for national office if nicheal had just kept it off the forums

thank you brave forums immune system for taking time out of your wintereenmas schedule to expose him

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i don't understand why these forums always have to eat their own

why doesn't the drama thread go troll a college republicans forum or something

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

redneck nazgul posted:

imagine how many women he'd have been able to sexually harrass into running vanity campaigns for national office if nicheal had just kept it off the forums

thank you brave forums immune system for taking time out of your wintereenmas schedule to expose him

i hope they can find some other time to jerk off to Made in Abyss

Dustcat posted:

yeah i actually find this pretty sad too, because there's a lot of potential to use this for good

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Dustcat posted:

that's actually dangerous

screaming about imagined tankies and their crimes on the internet is much more accessible and safe

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!
i neither know nor care if nichael is a sexual harasser or if lt2012 is spinning malicious lies. my grievance is that they're both cringe and should be blown up with bombs for it

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The horny posts were bad, but I also don't see the need to have a tribunal on nichael for it. Just make fun of him, and call him a dumb wiener unless he starts doing it again. Then bam, that's mod material.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

croup coughfield posted:

i neither know nor care if nichael is a sexual harasser or if lt2012 is spinning malicious lies. my grievance is that they're both cringe and should be blown up with bombs for it

finally we agree on the "i wanna die" issue

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

:goofy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
nichael if you want to get blown up with bombs please make your own thread this is for leon