Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Welcome to the thread where we can discuss the Saudi national football team, also known as The Green Men, Green Falcons, or Arabian Falcons! Powerhouses of Asian football, Saudi Arabia have won the AFC Asian Cup three times after reaching the finals a joint-most six times, among other honors. Just look at this trophy case:

Impressive stuff!

Saudi has qualified for six previous World Cups, in 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, and 2018, with their best finish in their inaugural appearance at the '94 US World Cup, where they reached the round of 16 only to fall to mighty Sweden 1-3.

The Coach
The Green Falcons are coached by Hervé Renard, who I'm sure was a legend in his playing days.

All of Saudi's players play in their home league, so perhaps that will help them out a bit.

Goalkeepers
Mohammed Al Rubaie (Al-Ahli)
Mohammed Al-Owais (Al-Hilal)
Nawaf Al-Aqidi (Al-Nassr)

Defenders
Sultan Al-Ghannam (Al-Nassr)
Abdullah Madu (Al-Nassr)
Abdulelah Al-Amri (Al-Nassr)
Ali Al-Bulaihi (Al-Hilal)
Mohammed Al-Breik (Al-Hilal)
Saud Abdulhamid (Al-Hilal)
Yasser Al-Shahrani (Al-Hilal)
Hassan Tambakti (Al-Shabab)

Midfielders
Salman Al-Faraj (Al-Hilal)
Abdulellah Al-Malki (Al-Hilal)
Salem Al-Dawsari (Al-Hilal)
Abdullah Otayf (Al-Hilal)
Ali Al-Hassan (Al-Nassr)
Sami Al-Najei (Al-Nassr)
Nawaf Al-Abed (Al-Shabab)
Hattan Bahebri (Al-Shabab)
Abdulrahman Al-Aboud (Al-Ittihad)
Mohamed Kanno (Al-Hilal)
Nasser Al-Dawsari (Al-Hilal)
Riyadh Sharahili (Abha)

Forwards
Firas Al-Buraikan (Al-Fateh)
Saleh Al-Shehri (Al-Hilal)
Haitham Asiri (Al-Ahli)

The Group

There is an outside chance, if Mexico and Poland perform hilariously, that Saudi could get through, but they probably won't. Oh well.

22 November 2022 10:00: Argentina v Saudi Arabia
26 November 2022 13:00: Poland v Saudi Arabia
30 November 2022 19:00: Saudi Arabia v Mexico

So please join me as we cheer on the Green Falcons!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

the sex ghost posted:

You may remember him as that manager who loves a tight white shirt and double AFCON winner:

phwoar, he's a looker.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

posting from the home of football, London, where I am on vacation, to say I'm very proud of the lads.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

well, we'll always have the win against Argentina

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

the lads tried their best. at least the goal they finally scored was nice