Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Mostly Sickos Committee tweets because I'm lazy

All glory to the hypnotoad

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1594061485482934273

Tenn blew one pretty bad

https://twitter.com/DudeYouCrazy/status/1594143987928952833

A 5-6 team beat a 6-5 team and this is apparently notable

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1594033012236337160

https://twitter.com/SickosCommittee/status/1594049859639603200

Crazy finish

https://twitter.com/Cover3Podcast/status/1594175505984815104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Good title!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

literally the only college football thing that happened today related to the state of Tennessee was the Vols losing :smugdog:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida sucks and like ehud I fear we have hired an idiot but stop me if you’ve heard that before.

Also, lol Vols. No, it isn’t less funny that you gave up 63 points and 606yds of offense to the Cocks because we lost to Vandy. Misery loves company.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

Florida sucks and like ehud I fear we have hired an idiot but stop me if you’ve heard that before.

Also, lol Vols. No, it isn’t less funny that you gave up 63 points and 606yds of offense to the Cocks because we lost to Vandy. Misery loves company.

It’s really weird that recruiting is Napier’s strength so far.

also

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1594130724008824832?s=46&t=f0A8Ldr5Iy-JC0UGzMkmJg

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

That UGA game was unwatchable crap and it would behoove Kirby to reseal the 2019 UGA Offense Ark of the Covenant again before things get really uncomfortable, thanks

That said, looking across football today, win’s a win.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Nah it’s way funnier that y’all gave Vandy an SEC win streak

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Vandy’s clearly beating UT next week and going bowling

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Nah it’s way funnier that y’all gave Vandy an SEC win streak

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Okie State really imploded down the stretch, huh?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

spencer rattler playing himself back into the 1st round off the back of Tennessee's secondary lmao

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Y’all still lose to Vandy. First time at their home since ‘88.

And y’all lost to us lmao

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Napier calls plays to follow in the footsteps of his late father so I don't think he's going to change, sadly. Maybe his recruiting can stay ahead of his play calling.

Also, did Todd Grantham move to Knoxville?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

Also, did Todd Grantham move to Knoxville?

Willie Martinez is our CB coach idk why anyone is surprised

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Napier calls plays to follow in the footsteps of his late father so I don't think he's going to change, sadly. Maybe his recruiting can stay ahead of his play calling.

I think he’s had some ups and downs. I wasn’t able to watch today thankfully but I have no idea why etienne had so few carries. Offensive philosophy seems nonexistent or has so many holes I don’t know what to make of it.

Losing like that while out gaining them to badly is a muschampian feat.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Willie Martinez is our CB coach idk why anyone is surprised

UGA seems to have exposed some flaws in your offense but I’m sure I have no idea how SC managed to expose them.

Further, your defense has generally been rear end but they somehow managed to smash it over their knees. Y’all have held better offenses to fewer points. Weird year.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

LeeMajors posted:

I think he’s had some ups and downs. I wasn’t able to watch today thankfully but I have no idea why etienne had so few carries. Offensive philosophy seems nonexistent or has so many holes I don’t know what to make of it.

Losing like that while out gaining them to badly is a muschampian feat.

374 yds rushing against SCAR.
291 yds rushing against A&M.
100 yds rushing against Georiga.

45 against Vanderbilt. :bighow:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
hopefully there is a lot of defensive changes next season because this poo poo ain't working

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve sat down to watch an Iowa game this year thinking “there’s no way we can win another game with this offense” and then they win another game with this offense

It’s the worst offense I’ve ever seen and as an Iowa fan that means something. I’m excited to see us win another real dumb one on Friday before we get absolutely rinsed by UM/OSU (again) and then a way-out-of-our-league SEC team in a bowl. Fire Brian Ferentz

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

374 yds rushing against SCAR.
291 yds rushing against A&M.
100 yds rushing against Georiga.

45 against Vanderbilt. :bighow:

It’s just so bizarre.

At first I thought it was personnel but again I think ehud may have pegged that he’s just kind of an idiot.

Time will tell. He will get plenty, even if it means a few more years in the wilderness.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

UGA seems to have exposed some flaws in your offense but I’m sure I have no idea how SC managed to expose them.

Further, your defense has generally been rear end but they somehow managed to smash it over their knees. Y’all have held better offenses to fewer points. Weird year.

Defense hasn’t been great but people continually seem to forget we’re running on fumes. We had 35 players transfer when we fired Pruitt and we have 2 5*s and don’t even have a full class of scholarship players. We’ve gotten a handful of good/great transfers but zero people thought tennessee would do what they’ve done this year.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bijan loving wrecked Kansas today

https://twitter.com/BussinWTB/status/1594097805571678208

https://twitter.com/HookemHeadlines/status/1594089368414625792

243 yards, 4 TDs, didn't play the 4th quarter

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*watches Michigan offense without Blake Corum*

*consumes nearly an entire bottle of Pepto Bismol*

Please be okay, Blake. God bless.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Tennessee will finish 10-2 in the regular season with wins against Florida, LSU (in Death Valley) and Bama in a year that every talking head put a 8-4 ceiling on.

And doing it with transfer mercenaries and the last coaching staff’s recruits that didn’t bail.

And they won’t lose to Vandy, which only truly hopeless teams do.

Vols, bitch.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s still horseshit that Tennessee/Bama can’t be home/home Kits but UCLA USC is. It looks so good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Soul Glo posted:

Tennessee will finish 10-2 in the regular season with wins against Florida, LSU (in Death Valley) and Bama in a year that every talking head put a 8-4 ceiling on.

And doing it with transfer mercenaries and the last coaching staff’s recruits that didn’t bail.

And they won’t lose to Vandy, which only truly hopeless teams do.

Vols, bitch.

post starts with bragging about a win against Florida

and ends with making fun of Florida for being so bad they lost to Vandy

this is how it’s done :tipshat:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Just want to interrupt this Florida Tennessee slap fight to slide in here and say lol miss, woo pig.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Crazy how all orange fanbases have an inability to process an L

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

Circle of Suck, baybeeeeeee

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BrownThunder posted:

I'm great at processing losses.

IF UT = loss
THEN should have given Bijan the ball more

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Boy, what a clean Bedlam victory by the Sooners, who were definitely in the driver’s seat for that entire game

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m more depressed about Hooker’s season probably being done. He deserves to be able to finish the season after what he’s done this year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

This is the worst penalty I've ever seen.
https://twitter.com/YahooSportsCFB/status/1594050212657446912?t=2d3yzbmOGOIKeAcz0gTSsg&s=19

They gave the ball to Purdue at the Nortjwestern 30 and then they missed a field goal. Lmao at gamblers.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

BrownThunder posted:

i've been lol at my team for 20 years, friend. I've processed poo poo you wouldn't believe, pal

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Ehud posted:

:ocelot:

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Something I realized today, is I currently hate Vandy more than Florida. Also I may hate UK more than any school in the SEC East. Last week I was giddy about UK getting beat by Vandy but this week I wanted Vandy to lose to UF. I think I want UK to lose every game and I want Vandy to lose to every team but UK. Now Bama is excluded from this since I want them to lose all the time and if Vandy beating UF benefits Tennessee it is a different story.

Why? I think it is all the UK fans that came out of the woodwork recently (bonus for hating their basketball team) and for Vandy it might be related to the Franklin years all the trash talking. I’m just surprised that UF is no longer my most hated team in the East. That might say a lot about the current state of the Florida program and how bad Tennessee has been in recent years.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 20, 2022

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m more depressed about Hooker’s season probably being done. He deserves to be able to finish the season after what he’s done this year

Yeah, that sucks big time. He has been so good. But at this point I hope whatever it is doesn’t hurt his draft. He deserves to get paid.

But maybe now he falls to a good team and avoids joining the QB death march in Indianapolis.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

Something I realized today, is I currently hate Vandy more than Florida. Also I may hate UK more than any school in the SEC East. Last week I was giddy about UK getting beat by Vandy but this week I wanted Vandy to lose to UF. I think I want UK to lose every game and I want Vandy to lose to every team but UK. Now Bama is excluded from this since I want them to lose all the time and if Vandy beating UF benefits Tennessee it is a different story.

Why? I think it is all the UK fans that came out of the woodwork of the recent years (bonus for hating their basketball team) and for Vandy it might be related to the Franklin years all the trash talking. I’m just surprised that UF is no longer my most hated team in the East. That might say a lot about the current state of the Florida program and how bad Tennessee has been in recent years.

Lol what? I couldn’t give a single poo poo about Vandy to the point I was happy for them beating Kentucky and Florida. They’re like the little brother that you’re proud of them for being big boys.

It’s 100% Florida Kentucky and Bama at the top of the list

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Don’t worry y’all will get plenty of lulz when FSU murders us next week to knock us down to 500 and we end up at whatever single sideline monstrosity dogshit preChristmas bowl like the pinstripe or whatever.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I’m glad for the end of posts theorycrafting ways Tennessee gets back into the playoffs. Hopefully SCAR can pull the same trick against Clemson next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I don’t genuinely hate any team. I have a lot of residual Florida hard feelings from being a Vols fan in the mid 90s but it’s whatever these days. The Bama win was incredible but that’s just because they’re Goliath and I’m tired of seeing them win.

I do have an annoying football acquaintance who is a Kentucky/Colts fan, so I am really living the spite dream this year, though, at both levels.