Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

lmfaooooo

I hope this means we can actually compete with Clemson next week, but either way, this season is a success. gently caress a Volunteer, forever and ever, amen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

I hope this means we can actually compete with Clemson next week

Do us all a favor, please

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol what? I couldn’t give a single poo poo about Vandy to the point I was happy for them beating Kentucky and Florida. They’re like the little brother that you’re proud of them for being big boys.

It’s 100% Florida Kentucky and Bama at the top of the list

Normally I would agree with you, I just realized this today, so still processing this. I’m shocked at myself right now. My gut reaction is Vandy fans are pure trash and I will never be happy for them winning anything. gently caress them. They don’t deserve to be a little brother. Maybe it is because I had to deal with a few regarding not only football but other sports.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m mostly just mad at Tennessee for the Travis Stephens game. That’ll never go away. 21 years later I still get pissed off thinking about it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Bad, bad decision making by UCLA there at the end. Woof.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
We might get OSU and Michigan in the playoff lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

USC might get into the playoff, but they're not the 4th best team in the country

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

I do have an annoying football acquaintance who is a Kentucky/Colts fan

Sever

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!

nate fisher posted:

Something I realized today, is I currently hate Vandy more than Florida. Also I may hate UK more than any school in the SEC East. Last week I was giddy about UK getting beat by Vandy but this week I wanted Vandy to lose to UF. I think I want UK to lose every game and I want Vandy to lose to every team but UK. Now Bama is excluded from this since I want them to lose all the time and if Vandy beating UF benefits Tennessee it is a different story.

Why? I think it is all the UK fans that came out of the woodwork recently (bonus for hating their basketball team) and for Vandy it might be related to the Franklin years all the trash talking. I’m just surprised that UF is no longer my most hated team in the East. That might say a lot about the current state of the Florida program and how bad Tennessee has been in recent years.

Franklin really is a piece of poo poo. Vandy always seems to get a few nasty chop blocks on our guys.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

LeeMajors posted:

I’m mostly just mad at Tennessee for the Travis Stephens game. That’ll never go away. 21 years later I still get pissed off thinking about it.

Ha one of the best games of my life. I grew up in Johnson City and boy do they love and hate Spurrier there.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
USC bitches :hist101:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

We might get OSU and Michigan in the playoff lol

Shockingly plausible if TCU finally loses one of these coin-flip finishes they insist on getting into in the Big 12 Title Game. USC sure looks like they want to lose another one.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Put the Illini in the goddamn playoff cowards

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I was out and uh
holy gently caress Tennessee lmao

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
Fire Jeff Lebby. His Baylor Art Briles defending rear end never shoulda been hired in the first place. Here's the drive chart for OU after the first quarter:

Punt (1:03)
Punt (1:24)
Turnover (1:14)
Turnover (1:01)
Punt (1:22)
Punt (1:09)
Punt (1:13)
Punt (1:11)
Punt (1:07)
Punt (1:27)
Punt (1:18)
Punt (1:00)​

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

nate fisher posted:

Ha one of the best games of my life. I grew up in Johnson City and boy do they love and hate Spurrier there.

We would’ve crushed LSU and given Miami a better game than loving Eric Crouch ffs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Pobrecito posted:

Fire Jeff Lebby. His Baylor Art Briles defending rear end never shoulda been hired in the first place. Here's the drive chart for OU after the first quarter:

Holy poo poo y'all shoulda lost by multiple possessions

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So I just got back to my phone after a day full of traveling with a baby. What in the gently caress happened to the Vols?

Also: lol, lmao

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Warbird posted:

So I just got back to my phone after a day full of traveling with a baby. What in the gently caress happened to the Vols?

Also: lol, lmao

They couldn't handle all the Cocks and got completely reamed.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the Tennessee Vols. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
What a disastrous season. Couldn't even keep the Spitoon.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Pissssssssssssssssssssssss

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
So- USC is 2 last second field goals from being ranked #4 this week, which is just terrifying given our terrible defense. But a win over UCLA is always seeet, and hopefully we can do it again next week versus the Irish. A year ago we hired Lincoln Riley shortly before finishing 4-8. All thanks to Clay Helton - it never could have happened without him.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Shockingly plausible if TCU finally loses one of these coin-flip finishes they insist on getting into in the Big 12 Title Game. USC sure looks like they want to lose another one.

It’s very probable at this point that the SEC only puts one team in the playoff, so for an 11-1 Michigan-OSU loser to get in, you really just need one out of TCU, Clemson, or USC to lose another game (TCU specifically needs to lose the Big 12 championship, they’re almost to a point where they can afford to lose to Iowa State next week)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

USC might get into the playoff, but they're not the 4th best team in the country

Which for the record is totally fine, the point has never been to take the four best teams in the country, it’s always been about taking the four best zero or one-loss teams, with a heavy bias toward P5 conference champions.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So we’re all in agreement that the Vols were frauds all along and Bama moved on to the playoffs. Good? Good.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pobrecito posted:

Okie State in Bedlam

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Goodness

https://twitter.com/BCrawford247/status/1594175963272646660

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lmao tennessee

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

oh yeah, Iowa is in line to win the B1G West

please no

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
lol this 61-yard FG made the game hit the over

https://twitter.com/psc_highlights/status/1594159757442437123

Some degenerate gambler thinks god hates them tonight

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Can Oregon defend a 7 point lead for 21 more minutes?

I'm not convinced Oregon's offense could outperform Iowa right now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/rafaeldjaime/status/1594127310898151424

That's some wonderful trolling from the Stanford band

Warbird
May 23, 2012

idgi

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

UAW is striking against Cal

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I’m not familiar. What conference are they?

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Warbird posted:

I’m not familiar. What conference are they?

The entire UC schools are undergoing a huge strike including a huge number of academic workers.

The workers are being represented by the United Auto Workers (UAW).

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I've heard of right to work states but you should know about United Auto Workers.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I don't think unions exist in the south outside of police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Timmy Chang deserves a statue if he wrings three wins out of Hawaii this year